Pagani Huayra successor?

• Thread starter GTboyz
  • 40 comments
Indonesia
Jakarta
Screenshot_20220104_064006.jpg

Kinda have mixed feelings about this.

No idea how legitimate the image is, but I like what I see.

Trust in Horacio.

edit: I'm a little dubious on the image after looking again. It looks a lot like the Zonda with some extraneous details added on. Knowing how Pagani pursues a different concept with each model, I doubt they would go back to something so familiar.

Last edited:
Isn't that how all Pagani's go though?
Not really, not between models anyway. Sure there's multiple versions of Zondas (was abit of a running Joke after the whole "No more Zondas" promise) and to a lesser extent the Huayra, but thats it.

Looks like a zonda with a body kit to me. Highly doubt its the Huayra successor.

I do think it looks cool though.

Last edited:
That's a Huayra R that's been PS'd. If the description said this was the next evolution of the Huayra, I'd be more inclined to believe it than the statement, "all-new Pagani after the Huayra".

If they make me wait too long they'll lose my business I was never in a position to give them. I'll take imaginary money elsewhere.
That Feeling of being a multi millionaire and thinking about buying a Super/Hypercar. Should I go for A Chiron now or should I wait till September to see what Pagani is bringing.

I believe the strategy is to make us wait so long that we forget the leaked image exists. ;)
That's assuming the leak IS real and not another made up render just to stroke another mediocore artist's sad and fragile ego.

Last edited:
That's assuming the leak IS real and not another made up render just to stroke another mediocore artist's sad and fragile ego.

Small details match between the leaked render and the spotted mule, like the shape of the front bumper (and while the fog lights and the small bit of bodywork around them are missing, if you zoom into the picture I'll post it looks like they've just been removed) and the small intakes behind the doors. There's probably a lot of padding too, it looks a bit "fat" and round compared to the render.

Pagani-C10-Scoop-5.jpg

But we'll see in September. Can't wait.

Pagani has no plans to make electric cars after conducting a four-year study into whether they would be suitable for the brand.

Company boss Horacio Pagani thinks that EVs are too heavy and lack emotion, and that most of the energy they use is not sustainably produced.

He also believes that the climate impact of supercars is so small that their use of an internal combustion engine, however big, is in a broad context largely irrelevant.

[...]

He added: “At the moment, 90% of energy is produced without renewables. It’s silly to think that only a few supercars [in the world] with ICEs can have a negative impact on the climate when 90% of energy is produced in a bad way.”

Pagani’s studies also showed that it would need to use a 600kg battery in an EV, which is more than half the Huayra R’s total weight (1070kg).

However, Pagani also believes that the performance of electric cars is excessive.

“I own a Tesla to understand EVs, and it’s not necessary to have such high performance in them,” he said.

“The challenge is to make an EV that gives good emotion like a normal ICE. Pagani isn’t going to do something just with good performance, as you can do this [now], but to give emotion to the driver.

“The idea should be to make a lightweight car, but this is the biggest challenge. The dream would be a 1300kg EV, but this isn’t possible.”

Pagani Utopia

1663000541291.png

1663000547387.png

1663000555181.png

1663000564499.png

1663000568562.png

1663000579562.png

1663000588369.png

The Pagani Utopia is the production version of the codename C10 supercar. We don't see many cars with names from literature, but this vehicle takes its moniker from Thomas More's book Utopia from 1516 that describes the philosopher's ideal world.

To create the Utopia, Pagani consulted owners of its existing models. They requested three things: "simplicity, lightness, and the pleasure of driving," according to the company's announcement.

The Utopia packs a 6.0-liter twin-turbo V12 with a 60-degree angle between the cylinders from Mercedes-AMG. It makes 852 horsepower (635 kilowatts) at 6,000 rpm and 811 pound-feet (1,100 Newton-meters) of torque from 2,800 to 5,900 rpm. The powerplant is clean enough to meet California emissions standards, according to the company.

Buyers can select a seven-speed automated manual transmission that Pagani claims is the quickest shifting possible gearbox with helical gears. There's also a true seven-speed manual with a clutch pedal. The rear axle has an electro-mechanical differential.

Underneath the skin, the Utopia has a monocoque using Pagani's Carbo-Titanium HP62 G2 and Carbo-Triax HP62 materials The front and rear subframes are Chromoly steel. The bodywork uses what Pagani refers to as a "new type of A-class carbon fiber" that has 38 percent more stiffness but at the same density as previous versions of carbon. The quad exhaust is titanium with a ceramic coating that weighs just over 13.23 pounds (6 kilograms). All of this lightweight material keeps the total weight down to 2,822 pounds (1,280 kilograms).

The Utopia rides on a suspension consisting of forged aluminum double wishbones and electronically controlled shock absorbers. There are Brembo-sourced carbon-ceramic brake discs with six-piston calipers in front and four-piston stoppers at the back.

The wheels measure 21 inches at the nose and 22 inches at the tail. They have turbine-shaped carbon-fiber extractors that pull hot air away from the brakes. The bespoke Pirelli tires have a silhouette of the Utopia on the sidewalls.

Inside, the Utopia eschews the modern trend of using lots of digital displays. There's just a single screen between the analog speedometer and tachometer. With no infotainment monitor, Pagani covers the center stack with a row of instruments, switches, and the HVAC controls. The company mills the steering wheel and pedals from metal blocks

Pagani initially plans to build 99 examples of the Utopia coupe. The company isn't disclosing the price or saying when deliveries begin.
1663007439413.png

1663007443555.png

1663007447423.png

Last edited:
I think it looks really... clunky. Like a 90s supercar when technology didn't quite let us make basically any shape we wanted so we had to accept compromises.

Rear is wonderfully designed, overall very gracious and detailed but front lights could be better. It really stands out, even more than Zonda and Huayra did in early 00s and 10s respectively.

Back