Painting Ford GT '02

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jason
  • 18 comments
  • 2,030 views
Messages
1,695
United States
Pittsburgh, PA
Messages
x-GT5M4N-x
Messages
Impulse Trick
Does painting the Ford GT '02 get rid of the stripes? Mine is currently painted in yellow with black stripes. I'm thinking about painting it white.
 
I don't believe it does, I saw a ford gt with stripe but it was gold, with black stripes, looked sharp, just back up your game before you try to paint it to be sure.
 
cggorman
I don't believe it does, I saw a ford gt with stripe but it was gold, with black stripes, looked sharp, just back up your game before you try to paint it to be sure.

Great idea. *Kicks myself for not thinking about that*
 
cggorman
Good luck tell us how it turns out.

I just painted the GT white and it kept the black stripes!
 
I painted mine white a while back and the stripes turned a very light grey. Almost to the point they were un-noticable but clearly still there.
 
I painted mine white a while back and the stripes turned a very light grey. Almost to the point they were un-noticable but clearly still there.

Really, what color stripes did it have originally?
 
There's a no stripe version (I think 05 though, not 100% sure what year) that comes up in the used car dealership. Keep an eye out for that one if you're interested.
 
I was actually going through my standard cars today and came across a 05 no stripe that i had painted matte black with black rims. It looks killer. I forgot i even had it. The stripes look cool, but there's just something about that 05.
 
Really, what color stripes did it have originally?

I'm pretty sure they were black. I'll take a look tonight and reprot back what I find out and hopefully remember what the original color was.
 
I got mine in Yellow with black stripes. Then, I painted mine matte black and the black stripes were still here.
 
Sorry. My GT is the standard '05. I'd post pics but I don't know how. Send me a friend request and I'll share my photo there. PSN TurismoSlayer. I do have the '02 that you speak of though. White with black stripes. 57.5 miles. Picked it up in the UCD after about 2 months of game play. Never driven it.
 
For this one, it doesn't remove the stripes.

FordGT06.jpg


Lot's of other painted Fords in this Post
 
This one (the premium GT from the Ford Dealer) was red with black stripes. Painting it this DLC light blue turned the stripes white.

CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes.jpg
 
Painted my 05 and the stripes sort of went. When I bought it it had that dark blue with white stripes but when painted they become the same colour as the main body, slightly darker but barely visible, if painted in a dark colour such as the original the stripes become unnoticeable, rather disappointed lol
 
The easy way for test paints to cars is this....Paint the car as many times you want and then if you don't like, you QUIT THE GAME WITHOUT GO OUT OF THE GT AUTO.
 
Last edited:
This one (the premium GT from the Ford Dealer) was red with black stripes. Painting it this DLC light blue turned the stripes white.

I wonder what would happen if you painted it back to the original colour; would the stripes stay white, or turn black again?
 
Back