GTP WRS-Online : Special V - World Tour - June 2 & 9

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 382 comments

Which times for stop 2 can you make? (select all that work)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WRP001

GTP Race Admin
Staff Emeritus
United States
California
GTP_WRP001

wrstitlesoe3d3newracing.png

Presents...

WRS-Online World Tour
audi.gif
Germany-Flag-32.png
ford.gif
United-States-Flag-32.png
|
ferrari.gif
Italy-Flag-32.png
lexus.gif
Japan-Flag-32.png

audi-panel-final-rt-tt-2.gif
ford-panel---final-rd-tt-2.gif

lexus-panel-final-rd-tt-2.gif
ferrari-panel---final-rd-tt-2.gif

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

World Tour - Stop 1

Saturday, June 2, 2012

2:30 PM Pacific | 5:30 PM Eastern | 21:30 GMT

img.php

Featuring Two Rounds

audi.gif
Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09 @ Nürburgring GP/D
Germany-Flag-32.png

AudiR8_small.jpg
nurbgpd_small.jpg

ford.gif
Ford GT '06 @ Indy Road Course
United-States-Flag-32.png

FordGT_small.jpg
IndyRoad_small.jpg

World Tour - Stop 2

Saturday, June 9, 2012

2:30 PM Pacific | 5:30 PM Eastern | 21:30 GMT

img.php

Featuring Two Rounds

lexus.gif
Lexus LFA '10 @ Fuji Speedway GT
Japan-Flag-32.png

LexusLFA_small.jpg
FujiGT_small.jpg

ferrari.gif
Ferrari 458 Italia '09 @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Italy-Flag-32.png

Ferrari458_small.jpg
Monza_small.jpg

Special thanks and credit to...

jtv90069 & mohitraina91

Steward's Notes:
This month we'll take a break from the enduro format as that desire is being satisfied in other series for the next few months. We were looking for something a little different and this idea was spawned by jtv with this post in the suggestion box thread. Gooners and jtv then took the ball and ran with it developing the idea, testing various cars and various tracks and coming up with the car/track recommendations. Thanks guys! 👍 Now it's our turn to refine, finalize and execute and your turn to participate. Enjoy!

Note that this event is designed to be a "single" combined event with two stops and a point system will be used to determine an overall winner. However, drivers may participate in only one stop (either) and we will also determine a winner for each stop. Each stop will take 2 hours max including qualification and we may limit that to only 90 minutes depending on feedback and running pre-qualification. Therefore each individual race length will be set at 40-45 minutes depending on the feedback we receive.

We chose the times and dates to minimize conflicts with a few other large series, namely GATE and CALM, which are running concurrently and include many of our regular GRP_Registry drivers. Please give us feedback about these proposed times which are later than usual to avoid those conflicts. We've chosen to run these events on Saturday which normally would allow for the later time slot as well as allow more drivers in the AU region to take part (it won't be Monday for you down under 👍). As always feedback, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Solution to the puzzler: It's not an enduro, but in total it's longer (4 x 45 min=3 hours). And it's got nothing to do with a storm (CALM) or a portal (GATE), but it will avoid conflict with both.

News and Updates:
  • May 13, 2012: Thread posted and registration opens.
  • May 20, 2012: Stop 2 moved from June 16 to June 9 at 21:30 GMT.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

NrburgringGP_D_4-800-br104.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

120602_worldtour1_reg.png

120616_worldtour2_reg.png

(tables will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your registration status and/or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

RoadCourse-Indy_17.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

FujiSpeedwayGT_15.jpg

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B )

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

World Tour Points System

Points will be awarded to a driver for each race in the tour that they participate in. There will be an official winner of each stop in the tour plus an overall tour champion.

The points earned for each of the four individual races will depend on the number of drivers that start that race. The last place driver gets 1 point and points increase by 1 for every position forward. In addition the top finishers in each race get "podium" bonus points: 4 points for first, 2 points for 2nd and 1 point for 3rd. This point system spans across multiple lounges if necessary. For example if there are 22 drivers that start a race (11 in A + 11 in B) points will be awarded as follows:

A1 : 22 + 4 = 26
A2 : 21 + 2 = 24
A3 : 20 + 1 = 21
A4 : 19
A5 : 18
A6 : 17
A7 : 16
A8 : 15
A9 : 14
A10 : 13
A11 : 12
B1 : 11 + 4 = 15
B2 : 10 + 2 = 12
B3 : 9 + 1 = 10
B4 : 8
B5 : 7
B6 : 6
B7 : 5
B8 : 4
B9 : 3
B10 : 2
B11 : 1

Finally, there are bonus points for completing individual races. Any driver who completes 80% of the laps in any single race is awarded 5 bonus points per race. An additional 5 bonus points are awarded for drivers that complete 80% of all four races on the tour. These bonus points pretty much guarantee that the winner of the overall tour will be required to participate in all four races.​

Qualification Procedures

• Pre-Arranged Observed Qualifying Races (see below)

Official Practice Times

• Stop 1: TBD (Lounges as always are free for open practice whenever not being used for a special event)
  • Stop 2: TBD (Lounges as always are free for open practice whenever not being used for a special event)
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings
(All car specs listed below are at stock trim after oil change and full break in. Tuning prohibited. S3 tires used for all races.)

• Track: Nürburgring GP/D
  • Laps: 25 (includes formation lap)
  • Car: Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
  • Performance Points: 547 PP
  • Power: 544 HP
  • Weight: 1620 kg
  • Start Type: Formation Lap w/Rolling Staggered Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First Based on Qualification

• Track: Indy Road Course
  • Car: Ford GT '06
  • Performance Points: 574 PP
  • Power: 577 HP
  • Weight: 1451 kg
  • Start Type: Formation Lap w/Rolling Single File Start
  • Grid Order: Reverse Grid Based on Results from Nürburgring GP/D

• Track: Fuji Speedway GT
  • Car: Lexus LFA '10
  • Performance Points: 549 PP
  • Power: 580 HP
  • Weight: 1480 kg
  • Start Type: Formation Lap w/Rolling Staggered Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First Based on Qualification

• Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
  • Car: Ferrari 458 Italia '09
  • Performance Points: 566 PP
  • Power: 592 HP
  • Weight: 1485 kg
  • Start Type: Formation Lap w/Rolling Single File Start
  • Grid Order: Reverse Grid Based on Results from Fuji Speedway GT

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: See Above
  • Start Type: See Above
  • Grid Order: See Above
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to Max (180 secs)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pits: Open & Optional

Regulation Settings

• Performance Points: Race Specific | See Above | All Cars Must be Stock
  • Power: Race Specific | See Above | All Cars Must be Stock
  • Weight: Race Specific | See Above | All Cars Must be Stock
  • Engine Tuning Modifications: Prohibited
  • Intake, Exhaust Modifcations: Prohibited
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Prohibited
  • Aero Modifications: Prohibited
  • Tire Restrictions: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Tuning: Prohibited
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Qualification Details:

quali.jpg

Qualifying for each stop in the world tour will be independent and consist of pre-arranged observed qualifying races. The first combo in each stop will be used for qualification. The top qualifying drivers from each stop will participate in the "A" race. Drivers who do not make the cutoff will serve as reserves for "A" and participate in a "B" race (assuming there are enough drivers to race in a second lounge). Drivers who do not qualify (or very late registrations) are still welcome to participate, but will start at the back of the grid (and room B potentially) based on their current registry handicap.

Qualification times will not be published until the qualification window closes for that stop. Drivers are allowed to share their own quali times via PM or other private communications and others can observe their runs with permission from the driver, but qualification lap times or any information that be used to derive quali lap times should not be posted/discussed in the thread.

Drivers can arrange qualification sessions with an approved steward at any time during the qualifying window . All qualifying sessions will require a steward to set up the lounge to proper specs and will consist of short "races" which are observed and verified by stewards and other drivers. Standard WRS track rules are in effect during these races and any infractions will be penalized a minimum of 2 seconds per incident unless it is beyond a reasonable doubt that the "infraction" had a negative impact on the lap time. Each driver can attempt qualifying for each tour stop only once (one shot per combo).

Qualifying Race Procedure
  1. A race steward will set up the lounge to the proper specs for the class.
  2. The driver will be given an out lap and a single hot lap in free run for a final warm up if desired (Drivers should come to the session already warmed up and prepared).
  3. After the completion of the practice hot lap the race timer will be started.
  4. The qualifying steward and any other observers will monitor the race live to validate the run and save a replay in case of any protest.
  5. The qualifying races will consist of 4 laps: 1 un-timed out-lap + 2 timed hot-laps + 1 un-timed in-lap.
  6. When the driver finishes the final hot lap he should slow down and park on track before finishing the in-lap.
  7. Lap times and any infractions will be noted and announced by the steward.
  8. When the driver and steward are in agreement on the recorded net lap times the driver can exit the track.

Qualifying Time
  1. The drivers single best hot lap will determine his starting position on the grid.
  2. Any driver that demonstrates in qualification or practice sessions that he cannot keep the car in control and on the track consistently or maintain a reasonable pace will not be allowed to participate in the race. The stewards and event organizers will make that call if it is deemed necessary.

Miscellaneous
  • Any disagreement over infractions will be handled via replay review.
  • If a driver disconnects before finishing his first hot lap he can return to re-run a qualifying race.
  • Any lap completed (and time noted by steward) prior to DC will be counted and the lap count reduced for the 2nd attempt.
  • A driver will not be allowed to rerun a qualification lap if he DCs after damage occurs to the car in the lap, but he can rerun subsequent laps.

Qualifying Windows
  • Stop 1: Audi @ Nürb GP/D | Friday, May 18 (12:01 PM Pacific) - Friday, June 1 (10:00 PM Pacific)
  • Stop 2: Lexus @ Fuji GT | Friday, May 18 (12:01 PM Pacific) - Friday, June 8 (10:00 PM Pacific)

Approved Qualifying Stewards (w/time zone)
  1. EDK (GTP_EDK) - Pacific (NA)
  2. Gravitron (GTP_Gravitron) - Pacific (NA)
  3. Hydro (GTP_Hydro) - Eastern (NA)
  4. MadMax86 (GTP_MadMax86) - EU (Finland)
  5. Speedy6543 (GTP_Speedy6543) - EU (Belgium)
  6. WRP001 (GTP_WRP001) - Pacific (NA)
  7. mcfizzle (GTP_mcfizzle) - Central (NA)
  8. mohitraina91 (GTP_gooners_17) - Eastern (NA)
  9. jtv90069 (GTP_jtv90069) - AU
  10. ealirendur (GTP_ealirendur) - AU
  11. w-g-e (GTP_w-g-e) - EU (Netherlands)

Scheduling a Qualifying Session

Drivers should post to the thread requesting a steward to observe their qualifying run and the day/times you would be available. To maximize the chance of making a match with a steward please provide a few times and give a bit of up front notice. Stewards may also post that they have qualifying rooms ready in case anyone is ready to qualify. During those steward prompted sessions the lounge will be set up for free run practice until someone is ready to qualify. Drivers are welcome to practice during these sessions and observe others qualification runs. All qualifying runs must take place in private lounges (not public lobbies).

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

NrburgringGP_D_8-sign.jpg

Last edited:

wrstitlesraceresults.png

overallresults.png

stop1_res.png

Room A Timing Results:
nurbA_results.jpg

indyA_results.jpg

Room B Timing Results:
Nur.jpg

IRC.jpg

Round2results.png

Timing Results:
Fujiresults.png

Monzaresults.png

Last edited by a moderator:

wrstitlesracehighlights.png

FujiSpeedwayGT_20.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_19.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_17.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_15.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_13.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_11.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_9.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_7b.jpg

3 wide into turn #1!
FujiSpeedwayGT_6.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_4.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_2.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_1.jpg

3D3SE05_2_01.jpg

3D3SE05_2_02.jpg

3D3SE05_2_03.jpg

3D3SE05_2_04.jpg

3D3SE05_2_05.jpg

3D3SE05_2_06.jpg

3D3SE05_2_07.jpg

3D3SE05_2_08.jpg

3D3SE05_2_09.jpg

3D3SE05_2_10.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome guys. Jon was telling me about this idea a few weeks ago and I thought it sounded cool then. Signed up for the first event, unfortunately I will be across the ocean for the 2nd, and I really wanted to race the LFA.:grumpy:

Nice job, Jon and Mohit! Hope I can take part, but I won't know for a while yet.

The R8 is really a sweet drive around Nurb GP/D in stock trim. 👍 Ran first laps in anger tonight and got a 1'33.403 best after about 10-12 laps (and after letting Bob break in the car).

Looks nice, signed up for both. Correct me if i am wrong, but as tunning is prohibited, i asume that we can only adjust the brake balance ?

Common Settings
  • Tires: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Prohibited - R/A Functions Allowed
Looks nice, signed up for both. Correct me if i am wrong, but as tunning is prohibited, i asume that we can only adjust the brake balance ?

Yes Frank. As mentioned in the third post. ;)

R/A functions are the in-race setting you can apply while driving. TCS, ABS, BB,...

R/A functions are the in-race setting you can apply while driving. TCS, ABS, BB,...

Thanks Christophe, just wanted to be sure...

Ps ; the driver registration still says i am division 5, think that needs to be upgraded :)

Registered for raceday 1.
I'll think about joining the second raceday, but I'm not a fan of Monza and Fuji is my least favorite track (to put it politely).

Speedy6543

You can set BB in the tuning screens also (unlike arcade mode) so you don't have to do it on track and more important you won't forget every track reset.

Looks awesome guys. Jon was telling me about this idea a few weeks ago and I thought it sounded cool then. Signed up for the first event, unfortunately I will be across the ocean for the 2nd, and I really wanted to race the LFA.:grumpy:

I may end up missing stop 2 on the 16th also it turns out. I expected visiting relatives on the 17th, but they just informed us they will be here on the 16th. :scared: Still a chance the timing may allow for my participation, but looking doubtful.

Maybe we can run some "unofficial" races for the 2nd stop on the 9th for those of us that can't make race #2. And those that can will get some extra practice.

Also, would be fun to post some pics of your cars once you get the cars in their final colors... Post here and I'll copy them to one of the OP posts... SJaak style. I'll probably shrink them down a bit (given each driver has four cars, haven't decided on layout), but post them in their full glory on the thread and I'll link to the originals.

Signed up as a reserve for both, a bit to early for me to commit fully yet.

Enjoy the stock cars the best, no tunning needed and great choices of cars and tracks 👍

Thanks Christophe, just wanted to be sure...

Ps ; the driver registration still says i am division 5, think that needs to be upgraded :)

I made some changes to the registry automation so now every should show their division and whether it's gold/silver/bronze. At the same time I refreshed our online database with the official registry so everything is up to date including handicap.

All drivers should have a peek at the driver database and let me know if there are any issues with your entry:

3D3 Racing Online Driver Database

This looks great - exactly the sort of polished organised events I was hoping to find here. 👍 A question if I may ask: Is participation dependant on qualification? ie will I be unable to take part if my qualifier submission has not been processed in time?

I had a quick run in the Audi R8 at Nurburgring GP/D and it was a nice drive. :) Not sure if lap times can be discussed if I'm not registered?

This looks great - exactly the sort of polished organised events I was hoping to find here. 👍 A question if I may ask: Is participation dependant on qualification? ie will I be unable to take part if my qualifier submission has not been processed in time?

I had a quick run in the Audi R8 at Nurburgring GP/D and it was a nice drive. :) Not sure if lap times can be discussed if I'm not registered?

If you submit within the next few days you should be in the registry in time. It usually takes a couple weeks and the first race isn't until June 2. Once you submit your time you are welcome to discuss times, etc. You can even submit practice laps... you just won't be able to participate in an official event until the submission is processed.

PS> Here's my Lexus Audi done up in my normal livery:

wrp.jpg

Last edited:
When you are all finished making fun of me (:rolleyes:), check out the new World Tour Show Room. Submit your own shots of your own cars!

To make it look best, be sure to take the picture with the 16x9 aspect ratio option. Upload your picture to any sharing site and then past the link in the form. This one isn't completely automated... I have to screen the pictures first -- don't want anyone getting too "risky" with their photos.

Last edited:
You mean risqué? :sly:

In other news, this event puts me in mind if a song, or at least part thereof...

Hey, you.

Who, me?

Yes, you. RACE YOU!

You mean risqué? :sly:

In other news, this event puts me in mind if a song, or at least part thereof...

Hey, you.

Who, me?

Yes, you. RACE YOU!

Ok Ren. Are you here to sign up or just correct my English? :rolleyes: One of the reasons we scheduled this one on a Saturday was for you guys down under.

Back