PAL: Expert - 550PP - RWD - Suzuka __ Mazda RX-8 __ R1 Only!_ xx:07 / :37

• Thread starter DTM
  • 522 comments
Came home for lunch, started setting up my car, result so far 2'15.286

Crazy fast man...! Thats the pace Hugo (if I remember correctly) was at last time I raced here as well... :) Curious to what your setup will be 👍

This sounds like fun. Does the 'R1's only' tag mean nothing above R1? Or exclusively R1? Are people free to use S3's for example?

Long standing event this one, R1's only 👍

Phillip.

Like Philip and the title says R1 ONLY

Came home for lunch, started setting up my car, result so far 2'15.286

Freaking fast indeed. And i'm so happy with my 2:16:900 :lol:

Glad you all comming back to this one.

Like Philip and the title says R1 ONLY

Very helpful 👍

Just saw Crispy out on track testing. Quick guy! I'm struggling with gears at the moment but making some headway. Think I just need a little more drive out of Casio and Hairpin curve.

On a side note, I know a lot of you faster guys think the slipstream effect is far too powerful in GT, but as someone who might struggle to keep up otherwise I think its great for racing. It makes everybody so much more competitive. Its fun! I mean if all the people who moan want to do, is streak off into the lead and stay miles ahead of the competition, why race? Right? Being amongst the pack is where the excitement is. Where the REAL race takes place!

And I wasnt directing that at anyone particular either. Most of the quick guys I've raced against from here have been real sportsmen, sandbagging and waiting to get a bit of fun out of our encounters. I guess I'd just be disappointed if GT5 got rid of the slipstream effect to a lesser extent, or gave racers the option to turn it off. With it i CAN keep up with the fast guys, franticly hanging onto their coat tails trying really hard not to make a mistake. It must be as fun for them as it is for me. Surely.

I Had a blast last night. Thanks to oldnail EBK2 and a bunch of GTHQ guys. And to everybody else who i forget to mention. 👍

Very late at night some PureGT guys in an RX7 with S tiers and a bunch of Japanese guys in an NSX also on S tiers showed up. And that turned out to be some awesome battles. The RX8 on the R1's where a bit faster :)

Sorry I wasnt there guys... I was in early, but went out for the night after... looks like it was good here, the RX8 is a blast to drive still... 👍 Hopefully I can get some races in tonight

Awesome races once again. Be back later tonight. Nice to beat NSX and Clio's with this slow RX8 :lol:

Damn! Bit of a lead on lap 4, running smooth and relaxed and BAM! Disconnected from server... What happens to my car when that happens?

Had a couple of good races. Saw Oct262 and Chunkee_Monkey show up for this one. EBK2 and a couple of GTHQ lads. Thank you all. See ya next time

Had a couple of good races. Saw Oct262 and Chunkee_Monkey show up for this one. EBK2 and a couple of GTHQ lads. Thank you all. See ya next time

Yep nice races Roomboter even though we weren't to close:)
As for the alien Chunkee_Monkey i can't say anything.
He could easy give me 1 second in every lap:crazy:
At least i was good at the slipstreaming:D
best time i've manage so far 2:16:050.
and also thanks to EBK2:tup:👍
another alien.
I was 4seconds+ at the first lap and he gave me 1second at the last lap:yuck: No comment:ouch:

2.15s??? WOW... I dont get it... how do you lap so fast... I cant get lower than a 2.18,5.... :(

@OCT Your about a sec faster then me. So that's the reason why our race wasn't close

@EBK2
Your way to fast and not allowed to show anymore :lol: Kindding Thanks you wanna help me to a fast lap in your slip but made a beautyful 360 when exiting 130R. I think i deserve some extra points for that one :lol:

Please post your replay i wanna know where i lost the most time.

@Blitz you can go faster, you just need to find the flow. My PB is 16:8xx in clean air, low 17 avarage in race. When we had this event the first time my PB was about low 18 aswell. Guys like you and me just need allot of track time to find pace. Hope to race you soon.

Racing with EBK2, CT, OCT, Monkey guys like that is no fun for me, they just way to fast. When i race with GTHQ guys i can keep up with most of them. Racing with EBK2 and CT on HSR gives me a confidence boost cos i can beat them there sometimes. But now the kick my azz big time. Now the real talent comes look around the corner. But it's al good. There is always someone faster then you out there. ;)

There is always someone faster then you out there. ;)

Yeah I figured that out BIG TIME when I joined this forum 2 years back and started racing online thinking I was fast... :lol: Boy, was I wrong...

Yeah I figured that out BIG TIME when I joined this forum 2 years back and started racing online thinking I was fast... :lol: Boy, was I wrong...

I think its many who have falled in that trap :P Inclucing me :sly: I was so dumb that I thought that no one could beat me if I didnt do any mistake!👎 Until I met Timppaq & co on the track ! :lol:

I thing at suzuka you can see the difference between a fast driver and an alien fast driver.
Its not my favourite track and usually i can be competitive at tracks like fuji which is my favourite one.
at least i try to be clean and as fast as i can(and not to block the aliens) at tracks like suzuka and usually if i don't do any mistake i can stay together(thanks to slipstream) with an alien like EBK2 or Chunkee_monkey or RudiRacer but no way to be at the front:):)
At least after some tips from an alien 👍 i manage to get just once into the 15:9xx (usually 16s very low)
thanks everyone i've raced and i hope i'll find a way to be general fast and not only at one or two circuits

In my book anybody below a 17.xxx are aliens. Just don't see how it is possible to go that fast! So will all the aliens pack your bags and go home!!! PLEASE!!!:sly:

:grumpy:

In my book anybody below a 17.xxx are aliens. Just don't see how it is possible to go that fast! So will all the aliens pack your bags and go home!!! PLEASE!!!:sly:

:grumpy:

I don't really agree with you. I can dip my lap times in the 16 sometimes and i don't consider myself an alien at all. But thanks anyway 👍 :)

I think you can do it aswell because your div 2 and i'm div 3. You probably can do 16's aswell if you have enough track time under your belt.

Last edited:
I don't really agree with you. I can dip my lap times in the 16 sometimes and i don't consider myself an alien at all. But thanks anyway 👍 :)

I think you can do it aswell because your div 2 and i'm div 3. You probably can do 16's aswell if you have enough track time under your belt.

I don't have any division so probably i'am an alien my self:lol::lol:
The people they know me now that i am not fast(i consider my self average).
I found quite easy to run on 16s high all day but difficult to run on low 16s.
I don't think 16s is difficult but ok 15s high is something quite scary.

The free run laps in the 14's are beyond me, but in a race low 15's are pretty easy in the draft of a quick driver, and 14's are definitely doable if you get a good draft at the right times from someone really fast... my best draft lap time is a 14.744, and I know others who have been a few 10th's quicker than that.... that's in an NSX though, not tried the RX8.

Last edited:
I'll join in for a couple of races...
My laptimes are around the 2:19's now so i hope you don't get stuck behind me, heehhe :cheers:

Back