Parity Racing ClubOpen 

• Thread starter Tijee
  • 26 comments

Which series would you like to join next?

• PTCC Season 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GT4 Parity Cup

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Nevermind, I like both

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
France
France
Tijee31
Hi all, welcome to the

Parity Racing Club

Events every Friday @ 10:00pm GMT

Club ID 1037100
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1037100/

ParityRacingClub.png

1. Concept

The Parity Racing Club will host many kinds of championships, such as TC, Super GT, GT3... Each series will have its proper rules, but all will use the Parity System:
  • A capped lap time is set before the race, depending on the track.
  • Every competitor must ensure he's not faster than this capped lap time during the race.
  • Any car setup is allowed, but the drivers may use the power limiter and/or ballast in order to comply with the capped lap time.

2. Beginner friendly

The Parity System guarantees close races, where beginners can compete with experienced drivers, and where anyone has a chance to win. On top of that, all aids will be allowed (but not mandatory) to ensure every player can have fun whatever his level.

3. Realistic races

The races settings will be as realistic as possible:
  • No boost
  • Real grip reduction on track edge
  • Real slipstream
  • Mechanical damage (heavy for enduro races, light for sprint races)
  • Tire wear, fuel depletion, time progression and weather settings will depend on the race type (enduro or sprint)
4. Clean racing

In order for everyone to have fun, every player is expected to race like a gentleman (please read this).

Last edited:
Official announcement

While there are still two weeks of racing in the first season of the PTCC (with a hard fought battle on the podium), the PRC committee announced this morning the next stage of competition. Actually they did not really announced it, you will have to decide. Yes, you read it right, the PRC wants you to choose which will be the next series of the club for this summer. The organizers give you the choice between:

PTCC Season 2

url

Enjoyed the PTCC? Want more of it?

* Urban tracks only, classic and reverse layouts
* 2 new cars allowed to compete

VS

GT4 Parity Cup

url

Want to move a step further? Want to see what the roaring Mustang or the mighty Vantage can do on track?

* Up to 500BHP
* 20min races with 1 mandatory pit stop
* Fast tyre wear / fuel consumption
* Famous world circuits

It's up to you gentlemen, vote now for your favorite proposal!

The vote of the license holders (understand 'the drivers who took part in PTCC S1') counts twice.

Official announcement

While there are still two weeks of racing in the first season of the PTCC (with a hard fought battle on the podium), the PRC committee announced this morning the next stage of competition. Actually they did not really announced it, you will have to decide. Yes, you read it right, the PRC wants you to choose which will be the next series of the club for this summer. The organizers give you the choice between:

PTCC Season 2

url

Enjoyed the PTCC? Want more of it?

* Urban tracks only, classic and reverse layouts
* 2 new cars allowed to compete

VS

GT4 Parity Cup

url

Want to move a step further? Want to see what the roaring Mustang or the mighty Vantage can do on track?

* Up to 500BHP
* 20min races with 1 mandatory pit stop
* Fast tyre wear / fuel consumption
* Famous world circuits

It's up to you gentlemen, vote now for your favorite proposal!

The vote of the license holders (understand 'the drivers who took part in PTCC S1') counts twice.

Can you give us an idea of the carlist's for each, it might help to choose as its a hard choice right now...!

Cheers

Fair enough ;)

PTCC
  • Alfa Romeo 147
  • Ford Focus ST
  • Honda Civic Type R
  • Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z
  • Peugeot RCZ
  • Renault Sport Mégane RS Trophy
  • Volkswagen Scirocco R
  • Volvo C30 R-Design

GT4 Parity Cup
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage
  • BMW M3 Coupé
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06
  • Ford Mustang Boss 302
  • Lotus Evora
  • Maserati GranTurismo S
  • Nissan Fairlady Z
In GT4, some cars are very powerful compared to others. For example, the Vantage and the Corvette will most likely require a significant use of the power limiter to stay above the capped time and under the 500bhp regulation (in real life the GT4 Vantage has a V8, not a V12, and the Corvette does actually have a power limiter). Expect to drive a much low powered version of these cars in the GT4 Parity Cup!

Please keep in mind that these lists are not definitive and may change after BoP testing!

Last edited:
I forgot to check "Display votes publicly" when creating the poll :banghead:

You can express your vote in this thread if you want, I'll count twice the votes of the people currently engaged in the PTCC :)

As much as I've enjoyed our PTCC run, I'm itching to be ditching the FWDs for a while. GT4 gets my vote!

Slightly longer races would be nice, too. 💡 ;)

Is there any scope to bring it forward by 30 mins? If only to allow people in the room early and start dead on the hour!

My Vote was for GT4 in case I hadn't made this clear already (which by the looks of it, is the winner)
And just browsing through the cars last night looks quite an difficult choice, a pleasant problem to have though...

However I did feel that perhaps there are a couple of notable manufacturers that are missing!!

Laters

As much as I enjoy close racing I may have to skip the next season. Saturday mornings after less than 5 hour sleep just are not fun or wife's attitude if I try to sleep late :/

I voted GT4 anyway. I have been unsuccesfully trying to cut down on late racing for over a year. So in the end it may just continue the same as usual for me :D

Is there any scope to bring it forward by 30 mins? If only to allow people in the room early and start dead on the hour!

It would be difficult for me, the best I can do is start the qualifiers at 22:00 instead of 22:15 and hope that people can join a few minutes before to warm up.

My Vote was for GT4 in case I hadn't made this clear already (which by the looks of it, is the winner)
And just browsing through the cars last night looks quite an difficult choice, a pleasant problem to have though...

However I did feel that perhaps there are a couple of notable manufacturers that are missing!!

For the most part I built my list from the GT4 European Series and the Dutch GT4 Championship. All the possible cars from these two real series are included, except the KTM because the model in GT6 is too different from the GT4 one.

Though, there are indeed a few missing cars according to this list: The TT is a 4WD and I don't want to mix up drivetrains. And the Z4, MX5 and GT86 seem too underpowered for this series and would be off pace or would need to significantly lower the capped time (wouldn't be fun for the most powerful cars).

Were you thinking about other cars @hobbsy? Feel free to make proposals, as I said the list is not definitive yet, however I'm only willing to add real GT4 cars :)👍

As much as I enjoy close racing I may have to skip the next season. Saturday mornings after less than 5 hour sleep just are not fun or wife's attitude if I try to sleep late :/

I voted GT4 anyway. I have been unsuccesfully trying to cut down on late racing for over a year. So in the end it may just continue the same as usual for me :D

I understand mate! That said, it's sad for your sleep but I hope you'll continue failing in going to bed early :D Always a pleasure to race with you! :)

EDIT: the Corvette is very powerful, during my test it was the fastest of all the cars. I may try to see if the GT86 can compete instead, as it's a good car. Moreover I prefer to have 8 different manufacturers, that would fit perfectly.

Last edited:
@Tijee , I had a go with the MX-5, GT86 and the Vantage to see how they compared. Ran some laps at Nurburgring GP/D, which is one of my main test tracks. (Offline TT for convenience)

Racing Hard Tyres were used, all available options were added, but no setup work done apart from removing camber and toe, autosetting the transmission to something suitable, and adjusting brake bias for abs 0 (in all three cases 3/2, as it happened.) Oh, and I ballasted the Mazda to minimum weight after stripping it, and shifted said ballast aft to get a 50:50 balance.

Results (rounded to the nearest quarter second) -->

Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 -- 500 hp, 1350 kg (563pp, 2.69 kg/hp) -- 1:31.5, 150 mph
Toyota 86 "Racing" '13 ---------- 448 hp, 1030 kg (559pp, 2.29 kg/hp) -- 1:30.5, 151 mph
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 ---- 417 hp, 1000 kg (548pp, 2.39 kg/hp) -- 1:30.0, 148 mph

So in fact the 86 and the MX-5 can play just fine with the beefier cars, at least at 'regular' tracks. Might be tricker at Monza or Spa, for instance; more testing is certainly in order.

💡 Regarding the issue of the V12 Vantage and the C6 Z06, there's also the option of substituting very similar cars, running the C5 and the DB9 instead, as both are under the 500hp cap stock. Just a thought.

Also, the Evora can't be fitted with a flat floor, but as it already tends to have a cornering advantage and top speed disadvantage compared to similar performing cars, it's probably a non-issue. :)

---

Regarding race times, here's another thought.... in the previous Parity League, we ran a short sprint followed by a longer race (I think 15 min and 25 min, or something like). A 15 minute sprint followed by a 30 minute race with a pit stop might be a possibility? That said, I don't have any problems with the current 2x20 format.

Thank you for testing @amarynceos! It validates the Toyota replacing the Corvette so we'll have the choice between 8 manufacturers. The MX-5 is not a premium car (it's a shame), there's no chance I add it to the list! ;)

Your idea of a sprint and a longer race is interesting, I'll think about it :)👍

EDIT: as the GT4 series seems to be the winner of the poll, I will create a thread for it to continue this discussion.

Oh right, the "Roadster" is premium. The "Eunos" (NA) is premium too, but a bit old ;)

Anyway, I'll stick with 8 manufacturers and I think that the cars in the current list better suit the series than the MX-5 / Miata / Eunos / Roadster / WhateverTheName :P

The only cars I was gonna suggest for consideration were...

Alfa Romeo ~ 8C ( I could continue with my current sponsorship lol ;) ...)
Cadillac ~ CTS V Coupe (possibly too much BHP though! but is heavier)
Jaguar ~ XKR
Mercedes ~ SLS AMG (Again probably too much power)
Nissan ~ Skyline Coupe 370 GT (this is FR i believe)
TVR ~ Tuscan

But I am totally happy with the choice in the thread, so all good with me 👍

Edit: Forgot one other - Ferrari ~ F430 :drool:

Are you going to participate in the 24 Hours of Le Mans and if yes are you looking for drivers, i would really appreciate!

Back