Patch 4.0 is released

• Thread starter smilerftm
  • 206 comments
Pre patch 4 i only had a couple of crashes, happened three times yesterday and the last time it wiped all my data, all car set ups, ffb settings, everything.
Bit miffed tbh.

Do you have a backup of your save?

I had a crash that corrupted my data in the pre 2.0 version. Been backing up my saves ever since.

Pre patch 4 i only had a couple of crashes, happened three times yesterday and the last time it wiped all my data, all car set ups, ffb settings, everything.
Bit miffed tbh.

No, didn't expect I'd need to. I'll start now though.

Ale, this happened to @Skaankypuppy while he was in a party chat with us. He managed to get it all back through the cloud so it might be worth asking how.

If you have PS+ you'll have your save auto backed up to the cloud. If not, you have to manually back up to a usb storage device. It's a good habit to get into.

I haven't had my game data corrupted since that one time, but if it happens again, I'll be glad I back up regularly now, as I'd stand to lose much more now than the first time it happened.

Thanks spooky i did have a look but nothing there, i thought data was backed up automatically as another game i have was there but no pc. I'll do it manually when i get done re- entering everything ( which will be around xmas )
Edit: so it should be there Mike? I'll have another look but I'm doubtful.

I was also under the impression it backed up automatically. Sorry to hear this happened to someone else, it's a real pain.

On the bright side, they have killed a couple of things that cause crashes, so they are making progress on that front.

Noticed my router has been rebooting a lot lately so maybe it crashed while i was offline, or corrupted due to connection issues while i was going through inputting JS settings, lots of saving going on there.

And why does the game continually default to the P30 LMP1 every time I boot it up? Been doing that one for a while now.

Mine does the same with the P30. Maybe it's a combination of settings that does it? I've quit the game with the RUF CTR loaded and every time I've started the game the P30 is loaded. I think I've only driven it twice. I'm beginning to frown at that picture.

Edit: I've just seen the post about it being due to DLC cars not showing up as last car used.

Last edited:
Oh well, back to more time in menus than racing :D

Just in case you haven't checked the right place......fingers crossed.

Download you save from cloud storage.

If you have PS+ :::: From the home screen go to settings --> Application saved data management --> Saved Data in Online Storage --> Download to system storage --> Project cars --> Profile data

To make sure you have automatic uploads enabled go to settings --> System --> Automatic downloads and uploads. And it will be the bottom option. (it should be checked).

If you don't want to have it automatically upload, but want to upload it to the cloud storage. Go to settings --> Application saved data management --> Saved Data in system storage --> Upload to online storage --> Project cars --> Profile data.

Last edited:
Force defualt settings online. That's one off my wish list, thanks SMS! Now all I need is a host option to kick players, text chat, force voice chat off for entire lobby, room names, & I think it might be time to venture online. Need a wheel I'm comfortable with though, can't get along with my Fanatec GT2, & still lookng for a CSR.

VBR
Force defualt settings online. That's one off my wish list, thanks SMS! Now all I need is a host option to kick players, text chat, force voice chat off for entire lobby, room names, & I think it might be time to venture online. Need a wheel I'm comfortable with though, can't get along with my Fanatec GT2, & still lookng for a CSR.

Can anyone confirm if the fixed settings room is actually working. I read a report on the official forum saying it wasn't. However I'm not sure how reliable the user was.

If that is not already the case " it is all on the driver " .
Would like to do a test with a driver who is 1 second slower or faster than me ,to see if we could ketchup:P with each other .
Anyway ...fixed tuning is not my cup of thee with milk and sugar please .

I also don't like the idea of forced default setups. I never use default setups. Some might say it levels the playing field due to everyone running the same setup, but what if the default doesn't suit my driving style, but suits someone else's?

Me and a friend had this conversation about Race of Champions. I said it's interesting seeing how drivers from different disciplines go against each other in identical cars. He said that the set ups are fixed for each car, so the drivers can't adjust them to their liking, which in theory could work for one driver and against another driver, making any comparisons in RoC pointless. As an example he pointed out one successful rally driver who went poorly in the rally car, due to it being set up way too stiff for his style. It's a bloody good point. Having one make races will level the playing field. Forcing everyone to run one set up will not, because one set up will always suit some people better than others. Being able to set the car up yourself will show not only your driving skills, but also your set up skill.

So I'm with you mate, it aint my cup of tea either.

Pub time.

I think that's the right call in your circumstances, enjoy! :cheers:

If that is not already the case " it is all on the driver " .
Would like to do a test with a driver who is 1 second slower or faster than me ,to see if we could ketchup:P with each other .
Anyway ...fixed tuning is not my cup of thee with milk and sugar please .
I have no doubt that you would be faster than me regardless of what tune was on the car :cheers:

I am as well but not at SMS. Sony is the problem. They still have yet to release it. What the hell is going on with them? I thought it would of been out by now. And it was odd only seeing 4 rooms up yesterday when I got on Pcars yesterday.

Just asked you buddy if you had the 4.0 yet on the DLC thread, but obviously not...What a shambles for this weekend! :(

I also don't like the idea of forced default setups. I never use default setups. Some might say it levels the playing field due to everyone running the same setup, but what if the default doesn't suit my driving style, but suits someone else's?

Me and a friend had this conversation about Race of Champions. I said it's interesting seeing how drivers from different disciplines go against each other in identical cars. He said that the set ups are fixed for each car, so the drivers can't adjust them to their liking, which in theory could work for one driver and against another driver, making any comparisons in RoC pointless. As an example he pointed out one successful rally driver who went poorly in the rally car, due to it being set up way too stiff for his style. It's a bloody good point. Having one make races will level the playing field. Forcing everyone to run one set up will not, because one set up will always suit some people better than others. Being able to set the car up yourself will show not only your driving skills, but also your set up skill.

Well said. I rarely find a car I'm happy to not tune, they all need some sort of work done to them IMO. Some of the LMP cars are okay with default but still not quite to my tastes.

VBR
Still having wheel troubles then? :(

I'm getting on fine with the PC version and the G27. I would still prefer to play on the PS4, but that still isn't an option for me and probably never will be.

I've not played since the update, so hopefully there aren't any new bugs. The comments seem fairly positive so far...... Well done SMS.

Still having wheel troubles then? :(

I'm getting on fine with the PC version and the G27. I would still prefer to play on the PS4, but that still isn't an option for me and probably never will be.

No real wheel problems in game anymore, apart from the mind bendlingly complex & mostly unintelligible FFB options. Was hoping they'd be several great defaults, but no.

Glad you're enjoying it on the PC with you G27!

:)

VBR
..... mind bendlingly complex & mostly unintelligible FFB options.....

I'm confused by the amount of FFB options too. :dunce: It would have been nice to have a few default settings to choose from for those that wanted a different feel but don't know which setting to adjust.

I've got my steering FFB set fairly nicely, but I'm sure that it could be improved dramatically by someone that has the time, patience and knowledge.

I'm confused by the amount of FFB options too. :dunce: It would have been nice to have a few default settings to choose from for those that wanted a different feel but don't know which setting to adjust.

I've got my steering FFB set fairly nicely, but I'm sure that it could be improved dramatically by someone that has the time, patience and knowledge.
Here's some basics:

Fx: for FFB when braking/accelerating
Fy: how heavy the wheel feels in corners
Fz: for feeling bumps and curbs
Mz: how much FFB when losing traction.

If it all still feels too strong try setting the master scale around 26.

Then there's the second page with the SoP scales but it's good to know what the above sliders relate to at least. Have a search on here, there's loads of info and settings to choose from.

Well said. I rarely find a car I'm happy to not tune, they all need some sort of work done to them IMO. Some of the LMP cars are okay with default but still not quite to my tastes.

The reasons some people have asked for the option of going with a default setup are quite varied.

Time
It takes time to tweak a car and some prefer to devote as much of the time they have to racing with others.

Knowledge of the dark arts
It's quite involved learning how to tune, where to start or knowledge to do lots of tuning though and use a car with default setup most of the time.

Level the playing field
The default setups for most cars are fairly neutral and fairly well balanced for wheel and controller users. It puts everyone on the same starting point. This is very different from the likes of GT5 which had some cars with dreadful stock setups.

I've done a lot of non tuning racing (as well as as a lot of tuned races). In my experience races are on typically a bit closer when everyone has the same setup.

Typically the best drivers in tuned cars will still win in default setup cars but they dominate slightly less.

Having said all of that I tested setting up a room earlier with the setting on and it doesn't appear to work. I was able to change the setup in the pits. (I changed suspension on 1 wheel and reduced all gear ratios). The changes definitely carried onto the track in qualifying and into the race.

Once SMS actually get it working it will be great for those that prefer that sort of racing or who like me enjoy it now and again.

Back