Patch 4.0 is released

• Thread starter smilerftm
  • 206 comments
We'll go dancing ..... guy's ?
Its a good one this and have fun , this after 2 laps .
Hahahahaha unbelievable .

PS4 :

Track : Watkins Glenn GP .
Online : Practice 1 hour .
Weather : Clear .

PS4 :

Dude, do you even have a driver's license? I'd hate to meet you on the road lol

But in all seriousness, WTF.

PS4 :

Had something along those lines happen to me once at Willow Springs in an Formula B car when I was spinning out through the dirt not long ago...it was a spaztastic rollover. :lol:

:D do you not love it , hahah i'm gonna do pipi in my pants :D
Any way , just thinking about something .
Before i did this online race i had already 45 min of practice on my own and i went immediately for a online race , perhaps it would be a good idea to leave the game and restart it who know .

Try this setup I had just created, see if you still have the same issue as above :)

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/134159491

Let's hope it will last more laps before it blows :P

Och i went back to the garage and i could go on with my online race .

Thanks for your setup but ,
With the camber that high and the downforce that low on Watkins glen i loose 1 second of my laptime that i do now .
It is known that if you put the camber at zero you gain 0.500 second a lap and the behaviour of the car stay's the same . (forgot the name of the guy but he has done some tests and was right , the devszzz know this if i'm not wrong , and they are gonna LO ............... :rolleyes: )
Whille with a downforce of 2 is good for Spa track but not for Watkins Glen i need the 1 in front and 5 in the back to feel good with this car .

Last edited:
No but just go into your settings, make sure nothing's changed, and then go back to the track and have another look.

I say this because first time on track after updating I had the racing line on. I went back to the main menu and checked in the settings, and it was still off, so I didn't have to change anything, and I just went back to the track and it was gone lol. So you may not need to actually change anything, just go into the settings to double check and then back into a session and see if it's fixed.

Even after reinstalling game data + patch still no luck.
Open cockpit cars have steering wheel visible but not moving and no drivers arms/hands either.
Other cars have no driver & steering wheel visible

20150921_192730.jpg

Och i went back to the garage and i could go on with my online race .

With the camber that high and the downforce that low on Watkins glen i loose 1 second of my laptime that i do now .
It is known that if you put the camber at zero you gain 0.500 second a lap (forgot the name of the guy's but has done some tests ) and the behaviour of the car stay's the same .
Whille with a downforce of 2 is good for Spa track but not for Watkins Glen i need the 1 in front and 5 in the back to feel good with this car .

The base setup is for medium to high speed track :) Feel free to tweak the aero to suit the track, as for camber if it makes the car faster, use it, zero camber :P Hope it drives well .... and easy to be consistent. ..

PS4 :

This is the infamous "land mine" bug they think they just tracked down. The cars actually dynamically change in a race so after a period of time this will happen to anyone in any long race. It's a flaw in the suspension.

But it does highlight something very cool... Modeling how a car changes dynamically throughout a race... But I just wish it actually worked :/

This is the infamous "land mine" bug they think they just tracked down. The cars actually dynamically change in a race so after a period of time this will happen to anyone in any long race. It's a flaw in the suspension.

But it does highlight something very cool... Modeling how a car changes dynamically throughout a race... But I just wish it actually worked :/

Yes I read that today too. A programmer seems to have identified it by noticing the quick changes occuring on the Group 5 BMW where the suspension changes seemed to be occurring quicker than on other cars. He said a car could go completely without warning. The fix wasn't in time for v4.0 so hopefully we'll get that soon. As with all of these things once fixed it might not stop it happening all the time as there could be other things causing it too.

One thing for a future patch would be that even if flags and penalties are disabled you should still get penalized for jumping the start. I've just discovered that you can quite happily drive away while the lights are still red and the stewards don't even care. Madness!

Even after reinstalling game data + patch still no luck.
Open cockpit cars have steering wheel visible but not moving and no drivers arms/hands either.
Other cars have no driver & steering wheel visible

20150921_192730.jpg

That's weird as mate. It's acting like you've got the option turned off when you don't. Maybe try turning it off and checking, and then if no luck turn it back on and check again. That's what I'd try next. Other than that I have no idea what I'd do lol. Sorry mate!

Yes they can. I think it works in the same way. I don't know for sure as I drive in private rooms most of the time and everyone waits for green.
Bit of an oversight then. I only found out by accident last night but it did amuse me. Can be quite difficult getting through all those parked cars at full speed though! Might try ramming them off the grid later.

Last night my car went straight from 5th to reverse...never had this bug before until the lastest patch. Another good job on the patch sms

I'm not convinced this is new behaviour in 4.0. It has happened to me a lot in all previous versions. It is one of the reasons I mostly hot-lap or do a quick race with random start position.

Just a few days before the patch when demonstrating the game (v3.0) to a friend he qualified 6th but was placed at the back.
Hasn't happened to me but I've also read of this issue several times in the last few weeks so I don't think it's new, but it might be worse now than it was before the patch.

So after testing the patch yesterday for like 4 hours I didn't have no issues with anything. Besides the forced default Setups not working everything seem fine so far.

Hasn't happened to me but I've also read of this issue several times in the last few weeks so I don't think it's new, but it might be worse now than it was before the patch.

when there is no practice, qualifying counts as practice that is why you have random start positions,...
i found that out at official forum

add a practice and skip it , is at the moment a solution.

devs are looking into it :cheers:

when there is no practice, qualifying counts as practice that is why you have random start positions,...
i found that out at official forum

add a practice and skip it , is at the moment a solution.

devs are looking into it :cheers:

Except I always do practice and qualifying

So what are the chances of this getting a quick fix or will it be like this until the next patch in a few weeks? It seems like they wait till a load of things get updated before they correct any issues.
Also the Audi 90 Quattro still has the KERS gauge on the HUD. That's an easy fix but I guess overlooked the last time.

Latest Posts

Back