Patch NewsPS4 

United Kingdom
bristol
smokebeer
The upcoming Assetto Corsa console update will contain two nice freebies, the ‘Black Cat County’ road course and the newest Italian SUV, the Maserati Levante

cool :)

• Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
  • Players will be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
  • On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will recognise the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ (PlayStation 4) or ‘A’ (Xbox One) button in the start screen.
  • Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
  • A new option which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to any degree is coming.
  • 2 additional difficulty levels – ‘Very Easy’ and ‘Very Hard’.
  • AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback

And still no option to change controller layout - meh :(

From Marco's comments here it sounds like they're working on it.

Marco Screenshot.png

I was hoping the console patch was being released early this week but no update so it looks like another week.

Still having fun with it but I want to see how the game should look on my ps4.. plus figured more people will be online once the update is released.

I was hoping the console patch was being released early this week but no update so it looks like another week.

Still having fun with it but I want to see how the game should look on my ps4.. plus figured more people will be online once the update is released.
From my pCARS experience, I'm guessing PS4 patch will be end of this week and XB1 patch will be next week. Disclaimer: TOTAL guess.

The silence over private lobbies is really really concerning.
Don't Expect it in this September update.
Cause the last thing they said is that they listen to the people, but they are now looking to the possible options for the inclusion of the feature..
So i think we will have to wait some couple of months for it (hopefully I'm wrong)

The silence over private lobbies is really really concerning.

There is no point in talking about it until there might be some news to share. We knew private lobbies wouldn't happen this soon, as clarified by their recent comment on the matter, so it's not something I'd lose sleep over just yet.

It's more concerning how September is beginning to end without any specific dates on the big console patch and Porsche DLC.

There is no point in talking about it until there might be some news to share. We knew private lobbies wouldn't happen this soon, as clarified by their recent comment on the matter, so it's not something I'd lose sleep over just yet.

It's more concerning how September is beginning to end without any specific dates on the big console patch and Porsche DLC.
Porsche delayed until October :(

It's more concerning how September is beginning to end without any specific dates on the big console patch

I'm pretty sure the patch has been submitted to the proper authorities, just have to wait for them to approve it. It's impossible to give a date for a patch because it has to go through Microsoft and Sony first and they will approve/release it when they please.

How on Earth do you come to that conclusion? I personally know of many people that are busting to get into private rooms and set up their own races/championships. There are even more waiting to buy the game as soon as they are available too.

Which proves his point, more people would be in private lobbies than public lobbies.

they appear to be trying to force people to race together, considering the population is smaller than GT games, for instance. That may seem "forceful" but you can at least find people... consider that.

As far as implementation of requests go -- don't give up on Kunos. They are probably the most responsive dev group I have ever seen, and aren't as thick headed as SMS or PDI.

If you have not seen it a staff member on the official forums posted this..

"We hear you, we respect your frustration and are fully aware of the Private Lobbies request. What we can say right now is we are evaluating the available options. Please be patient with us and we’ll keep you guys updated."

As far as private lobbies - kunos knows people want them. I hope they also understand people want public lobbies with options. One of the huge problems as far as public lobbies goes with AC is that they are static. They don't even switch tracks, so if there are actually people racing they just leave when the race is over, and often do not meet back up again. I was able to have a lot of fun with pCARS running public lobbies with a few options that kept out 90% of the hacks. I just personally lost interest in the game for a few other reasons and have yet to go back.

I am still having a blast with AC and wish I could spend more time on it than I currently can. So any update, even a small one, that improves the experience without breaking anything would be awesome IMO. Just hoping it does not get delayed past September.

As far as private lobbies - kunos knows people want them. I hope they also understand people want public lobbies with options. One of the huge problems as far as public lobbies goes with AC is that they are static. They don't even switch tracks, so if there are actually people racing they just leave when the race is over, and often do not meet back up again.

Unfortunately that's one of the downsides of AC multiplayer on the PC side, once the server is running you can't change cars or tracks or lap count or anything. In order to change anything you need shut down the server, make the changes, reopen it and hope everyone rejoins. Kinda sucks. Hopefully it will be different on consoles but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

One thing I feel is Kunos DID NOT want to be a console game. They wanted to be a driving game. With cars that closely mimicked how it feels to actually drive each car they've modeled. That's a tall order the majority of games (console or PC) don't come close to doing.
Kunos has accomplished or at least come closer than anyone else to doing that.

But in their haste to NOT be like Polyphony Digital and the rest, they delivered a game that simply does not come close to giving user the "social aspect" of gaming that most console users have become used to.

Things like the ability to speak to your fellow racers. Real time leader boards. And configurable lobby options.

Another level of difficulty for Kunos is the ability to execute certain aspects of their coding on Console and have it work as it does on PC. Simply put, they are still learning how to work on the PS4/XBOX platforms. But they learned the driving thing. And they did it right.

So these guys are playing catch up. And they don't have half the budget of Microsoft or Sony. They are going to be slow in their development. But what I hope they realize is they need to listen closely to their customers and fix major issues that prevent full enjoyment of the game.
And they need to do that first.

1. AI Balance: Will make the off-line races enjoyable. Giving players more to do than just hot lap.

2. Controller configuration/recognition: Need to recognize more wheels and we need the ability to configure buttons.

3. Create Real Time Leader Boards: I fear they may not have the money/resources to afford the servers to do this now.

4. Make the video rock solid: Nothing like being able to brag about the detail and steady framerate.

5. Lobby's: They need help here. Not enough staff to work this problem quickly. But it has to happen and it has to be spot on. Again here they may be suffering from lack of money and resources. Both network and human.

6. Real Time in car viewable telemetry: Tire temp/ware/pressure indicators the whole nine yards similar to PCars.

7. Post race/event and pit stop animation: Embarrassing. Enough said.

These are just a few things that have to happen for Assetto Corsa to spark more mass appeal. But you also have to remember, this is not for typical casual gamers. This is aimed at hard core sim racers. So they did not want to be another Gran Turismo. They want to be a hard core sim racer. That's hard to do on console. I think they are trying their best.
I'm sure a lot happened that they just did not expect, or could not properly address. So I would wait and see how they do with this first update. They have to be careful to not paint themselves into a corner design wise. They must remain open ended an not implement a design change that leaves them at a dead end as far as add-on development is concerned.

This much is for sure, every current racing franchise would love to have Assetto Corsa physics package.
I don't think there's any question about that.

Last edited:
One thing I feel is Kunos DID NOT want to be a console game. They wanted to be a driving game. With cars that closely mimicked how it feels to drive each car they created. That's a tall order that the majority of games (console or PC) don't come close to doing.

But in their haste to NOT be like Polyphony Digital and the rest, they delivered a game that simply does not come close to giving user the "social aspect" of gaming that most console users have become used to.

Things like the ability to speak to your fellow racers. Real time leader boards. And configurable lobby options.

Another level of difficulty for Kunos is the ability to execute certain aspects of their coding on Console and have it work as it does on PC. Simply put, they are still learning how to work on the PS4/XBOX platforms.

So these guys are playing catch up. And they don't have half the budget of Microsoft or Sony. They are going to be slow in their development. But what I hope they realize is they need to listen closely to their customers and fix major issues that prevent full enjoyment of the game.
And they need to do that first.

1. AI Balance: Will make the off-line races enjoyable. Giving players more to do than just hot lap.

2. Controller configuration/recognition: Need to recognize more wheels and we need the ability to configure buttons.

3. Create Real Time Leader Boards: I fear they may not have the money/resources to afford the servers to do this now.

4. Make the video rock solid: Nothing like being able to brag about the detail and steady framerate.

5. Lobby's: They need help here. Not enough staff to work this problem quickly. But it has to happen and it has to be spot on. Again here they may be suffering from lack of money and resources. Both network and human.

6. Real Time in car viewable telemetry: Tire temp/ware/pressure indicators the whole nine yards similar to PCars.

7. Post race/event and pit stop animation: Embarrassing. Enough said.

These are just a few things that have to happen for Assetto Corsa to spark more mass appeal. But you also have to remember, this is not for typical casual gamers. This is aimed at hard core sim racers. So they did not want to be another Gran Turismo. They want to be a hard core sim racer. That's hard to do on console. I think they are trying their best.
I'm sure a lot happened that they just did not expect, or could not properly address. So I would wait and see how they do with this first update. They have to be careful to not paint themselves into a corner design wise. They must remain open ended an not implement a design change that leaves them at a dead end as far as add-on development is concerned.

This much is for sure, every current racing franchise would love to have Assetto Corsa physics package.
I don't think there's any question about that.

I think you pretty much nailed it. Some of those are things PC players have been wanting and asking for but for whatever reason they haven't been implemented. Hopefully the demands of console players will make them rethink a few things and convince them to include things like leaderboards and better online options. On the PC there's third-party options for a lot of that stuff which takes some of the impetus away for Kunos to include them, but the console version is wholly dependent on Kunos to add stuff so hopefully this will be the kick in the butt they need.

Yeah, Tuesday makes sense because that's when most updates seem to happen on PSN. Besides, Friday next week is the last day of September. Guessing the Japanese pack and Porsche won't be arriving until sometime in October.

Back