Payback: Abandoned cars Thread

• Thread starter Jay84
  • 265 comments
Holy smokes!!! The Pagani is worth $399,456 if you sell it!!! CHA-CHING!

I sold the first one as soon as I picked it up; most likely gonna head on Payback this weekend to do the same thing! ;)

Ho;tzman is up at the original amazon location. It's a bit of a trek, so be ready for a fight as Holtzmans C10 is surprisingly weak for a teir 3 boss car.

Woohooo! New car!

Soooooo.... I've beaten the game and now I'm playing 100% of the time with the NFS Debugged #2 mod on Discord. I wish it didn't tweak as much stuff, but it's worth it to me to unlock full customization potential... anyhoo, the point being is that one of the side-effects of the mod is that it is no longer possible to get busted by the cops. So, yeah..... getting this one should be easy.

Just started playing Payback and got the last 2 abandoned cars. I notice that unlike Eddie's Skyline, you can customize these cars visually. Before I do so, anyone know if you can return them to default or purchase a second one? Or do you have to wait for the next rotation?

Here comes santa clause

I don't think you can visually mod the last two cars or at least you couldn't. Best not to if you want to keep the decals as I'm not aware of any back ups.

I don't think you can visually mod the last two cars or at least you couldn't. Best not to if you want to keep the decals as I'm not aware of any back ups.

Sorry, not the decals (I was confusing it with the Platinum Car Pack you get with the deluxe edition). But you can swap out the vanity items (neon/air sus/horn) on the Challenger Cold Rim. I know with the Platinum cars you can repurchase them in the dealership with the default livery, but I haven't unlocked the Challenger yet so I can't check.

Do you know if these cars also have any performance advantages over the same car bought stock from the dealer (once they're tuned to the same level of course)?

Right you are. In that case you should be able to revert the neons and vanity items. IIRC there is a blizzard pattern neon that's the same as that which came with the Challenger. The Santa one I'm not entirely sure but there probably is. As for performance generally yes, but it can be a marginal improvement. The performance levels of the boss cars would surprise you (especially Holtzmans C10) in respect to the recommended levels and some of the junior competition but for the most part you're talking about 50k's worth of speed parts of a difference which isn't much and you can generally out drive the AI with effort.

Right you are. In that case you should be able to revert the neons and vanity items. IIRC there is a blizzard pattern neon that's the same as that which came with the Challenger. The Santa one I'm not entirely sure but there probably is. As for performance generally yes, but it can be a marginal improvement. The performance levels of the boss cars would surprise you (especially Holtzmans C10) in respect to the recommended levels and some of the junior competition but for the most part you're talking about 50k's worth of speed parts of a difference which isn't much and you can generally out drive the AI with effort.

Yes, I know you can reinstall the parts (paying money everytime booo). But my issue is, once I've amassed a large number of these abandoned cars, I won't remember which parts initially came from which car. There is nothing on the car's vanity page that tells me the Challenger's default setup uses blizzard neon once you've taken it off. Seems like I have to make my own notes then.

The Holtzman and Santa cars are slow as hell but the Challenger is taking me through all of the Tier 1 drift events with ease. Between the abandoned cars and the Eddie Skyline, I haven't needed to purchase any new cars so far :lol:

Yes, I know you can reinstall the parts (paying money everytime booo). But my issue is, once I've amassed a large number of these abandoned cars, I won't remember which parts initially came from which car. There is nothing on the car's vanity page that tells me the Challenger's default setup uses blizzard neon once you've taken it off. Seems like I have to make my own notes then.

The Holtzman and Santa cars are slow as hell but the Challenger is taking me through all of the Tier 1 drift events with ease. Between the abandoned cars and the Eddie Skyline, I haven't needed to purchase any new cars so far :lol:
Don't forget the derelicts. The Stang, Beetle, Z240 and Bel-Air are very solid for Racing, Drag, Drift and Off-Road respectively. The only cars that I'd recommend buying later on are the likes of the Pagani or Aventador. Other than that you seem sorted :)

Rachel's 350z this time.

Head to the original RX 7 gas station in Silver Canyon. It's a classic route and those who've been collecting these cars will know it well. It's a fighters mission with plenty of scope to strong arm and out maneuver the police, but enough to get hung up on as well. Good luck.

Back