PC2 becoming unplayable because menus are getting ultra slowPS4 

• Thread starter Vendrah
  • 71 comments
Brazil
Brasilia
Gt_Vendrah
Hi,

I had posted a day or two ago on the general discussion that the menus were getting slower. They still are.
The more I play, the more times I turn the PS4 and PC2 on, worse it becomes.
It is now extra slow. It takes about 5 minutes to start the game until I get the car on track. And everyday that time is increasing over and over! Im being patient but I will have to declare that the game has become unplayable in just a few days.
I had done a video exploring this issue, which is better than if I described the details on words.

Info: PS4 Pro, Digital Deluxe Edition. Some others are reporting this issue on regular PS4.
Video:

Important notes

1 - The screen really becomes gray on the beginning of the video, it is not a issue from PS4.
2 - While the game is frozen, every external music or voice chat (party) works completely ok. I can press PS and scroll throught PS4 menus with no problems at all.
3 - The races are working completely fine.
4 - The issue while selecting cars, the one that it starts switching views of cars and category/factory mode, becomes from the wheel and the pedals (I have to press them to stop and I had forgot to) and it doesnt belong to the game.
5 - When I started the game at the very first moment, in friday, everything was normal and menus were faster than they were in PC 1.
6 - I know I already said that but I need to repeat: Its getting slower and worse each day!!!!!!!

@IanBell @The_American Help!!!

PS: I am posting that on PC Official forums too.

They answered me fast and it looks like that if I delete the save and get a new one it gets back to work. I am going to try that.

I am on a standard PS4 500GB and it is that bad for me I am currently looking for a SSD to upgrade to. I have complained about the slow load times from day one!

Same issue with my game.also on Pro
Do i need to delete my game save or set ups?
I actually deleted everything. Save, replays and setups.
I did and it works. I don't know if it is going to come back later although.
It's a workaround actually. SMS said that they are looking for the cause of the bug.

I actually deleted everything. Save, replays and setups.
I did and it works. I don't know if it is going to come back later although.
It's a workaround actually. SMS said that they are looking for the cause of the bug.
It comes later. Same here.

I also have slow menus and I'm sure it's getting worse.

That fix you are talking about. You mean I should delete the saved replays, etc from within the game? If so, that's a bit of a problem because I haven't saved any that I know of. Does it put them in a cache somewhere?

We shouldn't have to delete anything. I have the physical copy of the game and I also experience slow menus... I can't delete the bluray lol.

I have this to and I agree it’s frustrating, day 1 it took me 10 seconds to load into the setups now it takes me 21/22 seconds, once I’m out on track it is easily one of the best racing games I have played, just little teething problems.
I really hope they can find the bug for it ASAP.

It's odd that this is happening for some PS4's/Pro's, but not everyone's. The most I get is half a second of lag in some of the menus, and that hasn't changed after about 12 hours of driving time.

How many hours had you guys put in before it started getting bad?

I have been playing maybe 3 hours a day every day since launch, and it is just progressively getting worse. Can't say specifically when it started as it kind of creeps up on you.

Also, may not be related (although maybe it is), I am getting a blank grey screen immediately before the opening movie plays. Was definitely not there on day 1 or 2, but it's persistently there now, and I suspect is also getting longer.

I have been playing maybe 3 hours a day every day since launch, and it is just progressively getting worse. Can't say specifically when it started as it kind of creeps up on you.

Also, may not be related (although maybe it is), I am getting a blank grey screen immediately before the opening movie plays. Was definitely not there on day 1 or 2, but it's persistently there now, and I suspect is also getting longer.

I noticed the slow loading shortly after first starting the game and it has progressively gotten worse.

I too am getting the grey screen now as well >:-(

On PS4 Pro and also sitting with this issue. Mine is starting to become very bad and it takes a while for me to select cars now and go from one section to the other in the menu.

Not sure if related but last night the game also froze when loading my career race for the first time. Was sitting on 25% for ages and eventually got to 75% where it just froze.

The whole UI is laggy for me. Takes 5 seconds to load a save, or even be able to tune a brand new car, then when in custom event I select a car and have to wait 5-10 seconds for the new car image to appear, same for the track one... I don't get it. The interface itself should be swift IMO, have no idea why it takes so long to change these pre-event tiles as it doesn't load the track until I press start anyway. Standard PS4.

Same here, takes a age to allow the menu to be active. It can take quite a few seconds before it loads up the car settings so I can edit them in the pit lane, and usually the car name and description are wrong....usually related to a previous car ???

The whole UI is laggy for me. Takes 5 seconds to load a save, or even be able to tune a brand new car, then when in custom event I select a car and have to wait 5-10 seconds for the new car image to appear, same for the track one... I don't get it. The interface itself should be swift IMO, have no idea why it takes so long to change these pre-event tiles as it doesn't load the track until I press start anyway. Standard PS4.
Exactly the same here.

Anyone else having the old issue of "changing down the gears?" Some time it changes down as expected, other time its changes down too many gears, resulting in locked tires and a spin, sometimes its doesn't change down enough gears....? as much as I'm trying to like the game, I'm finding it frustrating at the minute....

We shouldn't have to delete anything. I have the physical copy of the game and I also experience slow menus... I can't delete the bluray lol.

I expressed myself badly. I mean delete every stuff related to saved stuff, not reinstall the whole game.

It's odd that this is happening for some PS4's/Pro's, but not everyone's. The most I get is half a second of lag in some of the menus, and that hasn't changed after about 12 hours of driving time.

How many hours had you guys put in before it started getting bad?
I had about 20-25 and the game counted as 10-15, I'm not sure.

I also have slow menus and I'm sure it's getting worse.

That fix you are talking about. You mean I should delete the saved replays, etc from within the game? If so, that's a bit of a problem because I haven't saved any that I know of. Does it put them in a cache somewhere?

I mean the saves and not the whole game.
You can find them on PS4 storage menus. It should appear your setups and saves. I don't remember how to get these menus, but they are in one of the two storage settings (one features the game and wheights 50 and something GBs... and the other one lighter contains the saved games). But that will erase your setups and settings, be sure to take a picture of them. And he aware that you will lose every progress on career. The only thing they will keep is your online ranking (it won't come back to U1500).

Same here, plus I now have to hit "x" multiple times to enter a career race when you've selected practice, quali and race distance. When I enter the initial race control menu and/or save a set up, the screen images and background engine noise freeze for maybe 5-10 seconds. Standard PS4 500GB

Same problem on PS4 pro... Yesterday I finally deleted my career files and didn't start another one... and the problem hasn't come back yet

Weird how this got worse over time. When I first mentioned it IanBell said it wasn't heard of yet. Now look where we are.

I always worry when I first load up the game and get this grey screen for a few seconds just before the intro movie plays. At first it wasn't there, now it's every time. Worry the game is crashing.

I have that too. Game still loads after it 's just taking awhile to load everything. I think that's the issue. It wasn't optimized for loading, and they are working on it.

But that will erase your setups and settings, be sure to take a picture of them. And he aware that you will lose every progress on career. The only thing they will keep is your online ranking (it won't come back to U1500).

Yeah, I'm not going to do that.

Back