PC2 becoming unplayable because menus are getting ultra slowPS4 

• Thread starter Vendrah
  • 71 comments
Same problem on PS4 pro... Yesterday I finally deleted my career files and didn't start another one... and the problem hasn't come back yet

I deleted my career (only did 1 race so didn’t matter) hoping this would fix it but it hasnt, from the time I press start application to the time it lets me move around on the menus is 3 mins, the time I sit on the menu before able to navigate through it is 1 minute and 23 seconds.. whatever is causing this is a real pain haha, love the game once I’m in a lobby or at the track just the damn menus.

Someone on the official forums says that deleting only their car setups solved this problem. Has anyone here tried that?

Yes, I deleted all my setups and ghosts from my save file and my menu seems to of returned to normal.
I kept my profile and career saves.
I’m planning on running stock setups until we get a patch. If I’m forced to save a setup because
I need different tyres, or lower fuel for a race, I’ll delete that save after the session.
Hopefully this will get fixed soon 👍

:cheers:

Yes, I deleted all my setups and ghosts from my save file and my menu seems to of returned to normal.
I’m planning on running stock setups until we get a patch. If I’m forced to save a setup because
I need different tyres, or lower fuel for a race, I’ll delete that save after the session.

That sounds promising - this would also explain why I haven't had menu issues as I only use stock setups.

Hopefully this does isolate the issue until a patch comes, as just having to delete setups is a better workaround than deleting entire save files!

That sounds promising - this would also explain why I haven't had menu issues as I only use stock setups.

Hopefully this does isolate the issue until a patch comes, as just having to delete setups is a better workaround than deleting entire save files!

Same here. I thought the game data was crashed when I first saw the grey screen before the intro movie and the ultra slow menus. Once I deleted my tuning setups for different cars, the loading speed returned to normal. I guess the more setups/replays we saved, the more time it takes the game to load. Hopefully there will be a patch fixing this issue soon! :banghead:

I think it would be best to copy the tuning setups/replay files to online storage and then delete them from the storage to boost loading speed. Once there's a patch fixing this issue, files can be copied back to the console and we won't lose any of our favourite moments and setups. :cheers:

Edit: Digital copy on PS4 Pro user here. 👍

I deleted my two replays and one photo. I don't have any setups, maybe just the one that constantly changes as I overwrite it but still having the slow loading...

I deleted my two replays and one photo. I don't have any setups, maybe just the one that constantly changes as I overwrite it but still having the slow loading...

My menus were becoming slower again.
Ive deleted all setups and replays, and kept the save and settings. It worked.
I suggest you to delete the setup you constantly changes. Save the last version on phones pictures or using share function.
Its a workaround while we wait. They are working on it, but we have no idea when they are going to solve this problem.

It's better on things like quick race selections but going to the main menu can still take awhile. I'm thinking of deleting the game and redownloading overnight.

Disconnecting my PS4 from the router before starting the game seems to improve the response time of the menus.

I got a response to when I messages Ian Bell privately.

Hey man, sorry for the delay. It's been pretty intense and busy.

Basically we have a bug with saved games and setups causing the machine to slow down over time. We're debugging it internally now. The only workaround is to delete lots of setups and see if it helps. And the only absolute workaround is to delete the whole save game. Not good enough I know but we are working furiously to fix it.

Ah. That explains why people have been deleting their setups and the issue clears. I'll live with it for the time being and wait for an update. Did he say whether it was the next patch?

I also solved the problem. I had the menus terribly slow and erasing the configurations of cars I had stored solved the problem. Thank you

Is there a way to delete setups quickly like pcars 1? (Go garage and reset to default on the cars you wanted to) or do you have to load up a session to delete the saved setup? With the slow menus and the 20+ cars I’ve done setups for (a few are just fuel and tyre pressure setups which are annoying as you have to save it) the whole process could take a few hours haha.

Is there a way to delete setups quickly like pcars 1? (Go garage and reset to default on the cars you wanted to) or do you have to load up a session to delete the saved setup? With the slow menus and the 20+ cars I’ve done setups for (a few are just fuel and tyre pressure setups which are annoying as you have to save it) the whole process could take a few hours haha.
I delete the setups from PS4 menu outside the game. You can select everything and then deselect the save (I think the save splits into two files).

I delete the setups from PS4 menu outside the game. You can select everything and then deselect the save (I think the save splits into two files).

Ahh damn I was hoping there was another way as I have a really good setup for the Ferrari gt3 and mclaren long tail at Bathurst, even got the world record on the ps4 there (haven’t checked in 8 hours if I still do) but I guess I can just screenshot the setups and add them back in

Deleted setup and career files, still slow as **** for me, looks like I’m going to have to live with it till this patch which I hope comes very quickly, not sure if it’s related but with the slow loading times I keep getting disconnected when trying to join a lobby that’s in the session, it’s not my internet connection as that is top notch so maybe it is related, single player races then.

EDIT: which single player is really fun and I’m loving it in the game.

If you have any photomode images saved, delete them from in game and see if it makes a difference.

I had a clear out last night and it made a massive difference, however I need to check it's not just a coincidence. So if anyone else could check and feedback it would be great.

Deleting all of my car setup files resolved the sluggish menu behavior for me -- PS4 Slim. I still have my career save data, several photos, and a couple replays.

Deleted all the files as I said above, was online with my mates and noticed the setups were still there even though I went onto the system storage and deleted everything besides the 2 profile and my Ferrari gt3 setup, i thought it was cool how you could just delete all setups individually that way but obviously hasn’t worked, so at the moment I’m manually going through them all and deleting which is taken ages, I also have NO photos or replays so it’s just the setups and it still takes me 40+ seconds to be able to use the menu when either starting up the game or returning from a session both on and offline.

Deleted all the files as I said above, was online with my mates and noticed the setups were still there even though I went onto the system storage and deleted everything besides the 2 profile and my Ferrari gt3 setup, i thought it was cool how you could just delete all setups individually that way but obviously hasn’t worked, so at the moment I’m manually going through them all and deleting which is taken ages, I also have NO photos or replays so it’s just the setups and it still takes me 40+ seconds to be able to use the menu when either starting up the game or returning from a session both on and offline.
I don't know why, but you shouldn't delete them with the game on. PC2 should be closed while deleting...

I don't know why, but you shouldn't delete them with the game on. PC2 should be closed while deleting...
It was closed haha I even restarted the ps4 once it was done, but obviously to delete them properly (for me) I had to do it on the game in the actual setups, it seems to have sped it up so far.

I also have slow menus and I'm sure it's getting worse.

That fix you are talking about. You mean I should delete the saved replays, etc from within the game? If so, that's a bit of a problem because I haven't saved any that I know of. Does it put them in a cache somewhere?
I haven't saved anything that I'm aware of either....perhaps a few set ups?... is that making it freeze?

Has this been fixed for anyone else? I was having the same issue but last night when I started playing I noticed the menus were working just fine. The day before it took a good 30 to 45 seconds for them to load up before I could do anything.

That part of the loading is still an issue for me even though other things are better. It still takes a bit to load the track when selecting it in quick race menu, same for car sometimes.

Bugger. Looks like I'm now a casualty. I have a lot of setups save but it wasn't really an issue until I tried career mode.

Only by race 2 it crashed to a blank screen when I was viewing a replay. After that I have the exact same problems above.

So only when saving replays and career. Saving loads of setups didn't seem to cause it. Deleting everything and starting again really feels like I've been wasting my life playing (testing) this game. I need to stop! Lol. I think I will. Back to pc1 for me.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back