PS4 PC2 v PC1

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by slthree, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Well then I guess their tyres last longer than the average bear.

Looks like I'ma doing a few test's tonight aye booboo.

2. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Test 1
    V8 Supercars
    Red Bull Ring
    Default season summer
    Static time 12:00
    Accelerated tyre wear
    Fuel real
    Default setup (hard slicks) apart from a full tank of fuel
    1hr 30min race
    Conclusion, both me & some of the AI needed to pit for fuel after an hour before needing tyres (admittedly they were shot to pieces, probably could've got another 5 laps out of them), AI seem to split into 3 groups, 1/3 full tank, 1/3 3 quarters of a tank & 1/3 half a tank.

Now I have a benchmark

Test 2 tomorrow night, same settings as above but a 3hr race & I'm going to turn fuel off & see if they pit like me after an hour (for tyres) or carry on without stopping.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Organ-Donor likes this.
  3. Speedster911

Speedster911

I can totally relate to this. I don't own GTS but when I play PCARS2 I just don't feel like going back to Forza 7 for a while because the control seems like its scripted and almost on-rails. It's just not challenging or rewarding. However, when I play AC for a few hours I feel like neither going back to PCARS2 nor Forza! :lol::lol:

MrCrynox likes this.
  4. Wools

Wools

It's nowhere near as slick and refined as GT Sport and Forza Motorsport 7's controller support but it's still very good!

I've owned it on PC for about 1 year now and use my Xbox One controller to play it with, it's very nice and more than good enough, but doesn't have the extra mile of polish in feel that Forza and GT have. Still, I throughly recomened it if that's all that's holding you back.

MrCrynox likes this.
  5. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

Thanks. I did buy it but haven't played it yet. Do you mind sharing your settings ?

6. Organ-Donor

Organ-Donor

Atleast Forza has a great car lineup, sounds, features, etc. GTSport to me feels like a demo half finished game and has less features than previous GT titles on PS3 (lack of dynamic time change/weather, no performance or visual car mods like GT5, missing alot of iconic and relevant cars, low track list and missing alot of iconic tracks, etc. etc.) GTSport feels bare bones and sterile. The only thing it has going for it over PC2 imo is more user friendly/smoother controller handling (I'm not talking about physics), better graphics, and multiplayer (minus the bad penalty system). I've been a lifelong GT fan but have been disappointed since GT5, and would love to have Forza on Playstation. I do get what your saying about Forza physics compared to PC2, almost simcade like GT from what I've heard, I haven't played Forza.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    John Wells and Sick Cylinder like this.
  7. Wools

Wools

I’m using the total bog standard settings for the controller, everything on sim with the exception of (I believe they’re named this) stability control & ABS are on a smidge.

8. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Well I hold my hands up & apologies, it seems they do have tyre wear & it degrades within the same time as us.

Using the above settings without fuel they all came in for tyres like me after an hour.

@Bealdor & Doug the AI programmer :bowdown: :)

They don't shed a lot of lap time though, it's hard to keep up with them after 45 mins with worn tyres.

So 1hr with accelerated tyre wear (no fuel) so I guess we all can do 2hrs with authentic (no or slow fuel) & V8 Supercars with a Full tank (112 litres) driving hardish within the limits of hard slicks (for preservation) will need a top up before tyres (accelerated or authentic) require changing.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Organ-Donor likes this.
  9. Organ-Donor

Organ-Donor

To anyone, do you know the answer to this?

10. Bealdor

Bealdor

Career mode is no different to all the other modes wrt. AI. So if you disable tire wear in the options, it'll be disabled for you and the AI in career too.
    AFAIK it's the same for the fuel consumption setting but I never tested this by myself.

In theory, turning both settings off means nobody needs to pit (except for damage) ever, unless you're running a series with mandatory pit stops.

Organ-Donor likes this.
  11. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

Well I put some time into PC1 this afternoon using SPA & a few touring cars, (V8 Falcon, Sierra Cosworth & E30 M3 on controller. I'm happy to report that I found the stock controller settings to be fine/usable I was soon able to get laps in without coming off track no problem, able to correct oversteer moments most of the time but I found when it really steps out, I was gone no amount of opposite lock/throttle modulation would save me! I'm playing without any assists. Can anyone please share their controller settings ? Looking at you @Wolfe @Speedster911 Thanks guys. Finding the handling easier than PC2 at this early stage :)

12. Speedster911

Speedster911

Forza can be fun and has its moments - it certainly offers a lot more value than GTS in nearly every department, IMO. I too was a GT fan until Forza started surpassing PD in every way. Almost.

As for PCARS2, physics and in-depth tuning is what makes me want to play it over and over again, not to mention the fantastic track roster. I do have reservations over how they did some of the car sounds, and perhaps to some extent, maybe the car sounds are better in FM7. If I had to pick one, maybe I'd go with FM7, maybe. It's a tough choice.

AC is still my top choice. Offers a driving pleasure factor unlike any other console driving game I've played to date.

Sure, here you are:

steering deadzone: 0
    throttle/brake deadzone:0
    steering sensitivity: 25
    throttle/brake sensitivity: 0
    speed sensitivity: 30
    controller filtering sensitivity: 0
    controller input mode: 3
    soft steering dampening: off
    visual wheel filtering: off
    opposite lock help: off

Adjust your driving style around this setup and give it some time. Also, tune your cars and let your mind/muscle memory get used to the above inputs. They work quite brilliantly, whether you're strictly a precision driver or like kicking the tail out now and then.

I'm sure I recall this 'bug' being discussed at length. You just can't save it past a certain point. Although try out the setup I posted, you might find improved control. I honestly don't know which game has better physics - 1 or 2. At times, I feel PCARS 1's physics are overall more consistent and feel natural.

I also feel that Forza's physics have somewhat spoilt us controller users - it's just so easy to correct slides and fishtail. It's not so straightforward in real life, believe me, and feels very different from car to car.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Organ-Donor and MrCrynox like this.
  13. Speedster911

Speedster911

bump

14. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

That is what I do not like about PCARS1; the tire model, oversteer physics, and oversteer control with analog stick steering are not up to the level they are in PCARS2. But I still have my notes for PCARS1 if it might help:

MrCrynox likes this.
  15. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

@Wolfe thanks for your detailed settings, much appreciated. I will give them a go :)

Wolfe likes this.
  16. Speedster911

Speedster911

If all else fails buddy, there's always Assetto Corsa - Italian for "Race Setup". :D

Best driving experience there is on consoles. Take my word for it. :gtpflag:

MrCrynox likes this.