PCars GT3 Racing League PS4 - Season 1 - Pre-Season

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
CalumJohnson96
GT3 International Cup Racing League PS4 - Controllers Only

Season 1 - Pre-season practise & test:
Casual short season which will last until 31/12/2014 (12/31/2014 for you Americans :P). This short season will basically be used as a pre-season testing to get used to the car and the other drivers.

Season 2 will start early in to the new year.

Anyone welcome to join.
Clean driving is very important.

This will be a casual RL until all of the members decide they are ready to dedicate themselves for long race weekends.

Driving assists that are allowed include Traction Control and ABS. These assists are allowed in the real FIA GT3 Series' and therefor will be allowed in this league but players will have the option to race with them or without them.

Further driving assists will be decided by 31/12/2014

At least 1 version of every circuit will be used.
Practise, Qualifying and Race will be held on weekends.
More info on the racing league will arrive on 21/11/2014

To join the Racing League, send me a private message stating which car you would like to use, confirming that you will not be using a racing wheel and also confirming that you agree to any and all rules.

Edit:- After a few suggestions, we will do a short casual series which will take us to the end of the year and then see how it goes from there. If enough members stay then we will continue and then once we get used to racing with each other, we will be able to start introducing endurance races.

Last edited:
Speaking of Leagues, made a list of the possible ones with PCARS

• Formula 1
  • GP2
  • Formula 3
  • Formula Gulf
  • Formula Ford
  • Superkart World Cup
  • 125cc Shifter Kart Championship
  • Historic 1980's Grand Prix
  • Historic 1970's Grand Prix
  • Historic 1960's Grand Prix
  • 2015 Indycar Championship
  • Historic 1960's Indycar Championship
  • World Endurance Championship
  • Blancpain Endurance and Sprint Series
  • 24 Hours of Spa
  • 24 Hours of Nurburgring
  • 24 Hours of Dubai
  • VLAN Nurburgring Championship
  • European Le Mans Series (GTC)
  • Asian Le Mans Series (GTC)
  • Pirelli World Challenge
  • FIA GT3 World Championship
  • Super GT (GT300)
  • Tudor United Sportscar Championship (GTD)
  • Classic 2000's LeMans
  • Group C Championship
  • Group 6 Championship
  • British Touring Car Championship
  • DTM
  • GT1 World Championship
  • GT2 World Championship
  • GTE Cup
  • GT4 Cup
  • Ginetta G40 Junior Cup
  • RUF GT3 Supercup
  • Premier GT1 Championship
  • Group 4 Championship
  • Group 5 Championship
  • 60's GT Classics
  • 50's GT Classics
  • Renault Megane Trophy II World Cup
  • Group A Championship
  • 2013 V8 Supercars
  • 2012 NASCAR Championship
  • Trans Am
  • Vintage Stock Car Championship
  • Track Day heats

Speaking of Leagues, made a list of the possible ones with PCARS

• Formula 1
  • GP2
  • Formula 3
  • Formula Gulf
  • Formula Ford
  • Superkart World Cup
  • 125cc Shifter Kart Championship
  • Historic 1980's Grand Prix
  • Historic 1970's Grand Prix
  • Historic 1960's Grand Prix
  • 2015 Indycar Championship
  • Historic 1960's Indycar Championship
  • World Endurance Championship
  • Blancpain Endurance and Sprint Series
  • 24 Hours of Spa
  • 24 Hours of Nurburgring
  • 24 Hours of Dubai
  • VLAN Nurburgring Championship
  • European Le Mans Series (GTC)
  • Asian Le Mans Series (GTC)
  • Pirelli World Challenge
  • FIA GT3 World Championship
  • Super GT (GT300)
  • Tudor United Sportscar Championship (GTD)
  • Classic 2000's LeMans
  • Group C Championship
  • Group 6 Championship
  • British Touring Car Championship
  • DTM
  • GT1 World Championship
  • GT2 World Championship
  • GTE Cup
  • GT4 Cup
  • Ginetta G40 Junior Cup
  • RUF GT3 Supercup
  • Premier GT1 Championship
  • Group 4 Championship
  • Group 5 Championship
  • 60's GT Classics
  • 50's GT Classics
  • Renault Megane Trophy II World Cup
  • Group A Championship
  • 2013 V8 Supercars
  • 2012 NASCAR Championship
  • Trans Am
  • Vintage Stock Car Championship
  • Track Day heats
Do you know of any player created leagues rather than official leagues?

Do you know of any player created leagues rather than official leagues?
I'm sure you'll be able to organize any kind of league you want through GTP once the game launches. Not sure what tools will be in the game for this, if any. You'll get a lot more interest once the game launches for sure.

GT3 International Cup Racing League PS4 - Controllers Only

Season 1 - Pre-season practise & test

Car--------------------------------------Seats Available

Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3--------------1
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3-----------------------1
BMW Z4 GT3----------------------------------1
Ginetta G55 GT3------------------------------2
McLaren 12C GT3-----------------------------2
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3----------------2
Ruf RGT-8 GT3--------------------------------1

Driving assists will be decided on 21/11/2014

All in-game race weekend rules will be in place during every race weekend.

To join the Racing League, send me a message on my profile stating which car you would like to use, confirming that you will not be using a racing wheel and also confirming that you agree to any and all rules.

Last edited:
Apex Racing League PS4 - Controllers Only

Season 1 - GT3

Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3--------------3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3-----------------------3
BMW Z4 GT3----------------------------------2
Ginetta G55 GT3------------------------------3
McLaren 12C GT3-----------------------------3
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3----------------3
Ruf RGT-8 GT3--------------------------------2

Driving assists will be decided on 21/11/2014

All in-game race weekend rules will be in place during every race weekend.

To join the Racing League, send me a message on my profile stating which car you would like to use, confirming that you will not be using a racing wheel and also confirming that you agree to any and all rules.
If you haven't already, I'd suggest taking a look at some of the series already organized and established on GTP to get a feeling for the level of professionalism that will be required to have a well run and well attended, successful racing series. With a couple of months left to prepare you can get a jump on the competition and hit the ground running. Here are a couple of examples for you:

@Furinkazen https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-4-5-6-cape-ring-drivers-standings-up.315388/

@NW48 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-2-11th-oct-10-45pm-aest-6-spots-left.315898/

@watermelonpunch https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...the-lists-join-in-schedules-in-post-2.293390/

Many series use the GTP OLR as the basis for their rules and regulations and it works very well.

i like you idea for gt3 however i would suggest you allow all assists as speed wise it only slows people down.
secondly you may want to replicate a irl series such as blancpain. going into a full length series maynot be best
my suggestion is 2 or 3 races to take you to new year. then you can go into a full length series.

Jumping the gun just at little bit! BTW, there are 12 months in a year, not 21+...

In Europe the date is usually written by day/month/year, but I'm guessing you knew that and were just having a laugh

Last edited:
i like you idea for gt3 however i would suggest you allow all assists as speed wise it only slows people down.
secondly you may want to replicate a irl series such as blancpain. going into a full length series maynot be best
my suggestion is 2 or 3 races to take you to new year. then you can go into a full length series.
I'd agree with this 100%. I've seen so many series organized on GTP come out of the blocks way too big, long and cumbersome and just lose interest over time. People need to realize unless you're racing with a tight knit group of buddies, people lose interest fairly quickly when they are in the back of the pack. I've always thought 4-8 races were about right for a series, longer if the group is familiar with each other. Little chance for boredom to set in, short enough that if you aren't enjoying it but like the people/RD then another one isn't too far away.

Yeah I think this is a little pre-emptive. Our league is going to decide rules and cars when the game comes out. Not before because it is too hard to judge how pits are going to make a difference, tire compounds, car balancing, on top of many other things that will be unaccounted for.

Yeah I think this is a little pre-emptive. Our league is going to decide rules and cars when the game comes out. Not before because it is too hard to judge how pits are going to make a difference, tire compounds, car balancing, on top of many other things that will be unaccounted for.
Yeah the only thing I am trying to organise at the minute is who is driving which car. As for rules I agree, all of the members will decide which assists will be banned to make it as fair as possible. There are car lists already so that is something which is easy to organise.

Last edited:
Jumping the gun just at little bit! BTW, there are 12 months in a year, not 21+...
If we can get enough members for when the game is released then we will be able to start a lot sooner than if we don't set up until the game is released. I'm just trying to plan ahead. :P

If we can get enough members for when the game is released then we will be able to start a lot sooner than if we don't set up until the game is released. I'm just trying to plan ahead. :P

Good luck calum I think its a great idea to plan ahead!

I will be using a wheel otherwise I would be joining (If I was good enough :nervous:)

Yeah planning is always good. At the moment we are a controller-only RL, but depending on how much of an advantage a wheel will give you over a controller and also how many members we have, we MIGHT consider accepting members who use wheels. The main reason is that wheels have given quite a big advantage over players using controllers in previous racing games so I'm trying to make it as equal as possible for everyone. :)

Yeah planning is always good. At the moment we are a controller-only RL, but depending on how much of an advantage a wheel will give you over a controller and also how many members we have, we MIGHT consider accepting members who use wheels. The main reason is that wheels have given quite a big advantage over players using controllers in previous racing games so I'm trying to make it as equal as possible for everyone. :)
It remains to be seen what advantage a wheel will might have in this game, but I suspect with it being a full on sim, that most of the serious players will be using wheels and the serious players are usually the fastest players. However, since it's on the PS4, and it only supports Thrustmaster wheels at this point, and TM makes up on a small number of the wheel playing community, I suspect much more than half of the community will be using the controller. One thing you might do is have a two tiered championship, one for wheel users and one for controller users. Everyone competes on a relatively equal footing that way.

Coming from Forza, controllers are 9 times out of 10 faster than a guy with a wheel. No matter the experience. Hopefully pCARS will be the other way around.

I find that it's possible to be as fast in Gran Turismo with no aids using a controller or a wheel. However I can't be as consistent with a controller.

You might like to consider setting options allowed to make it a little easier to be consistent for controller users. That could include traction control and steering assistance if such things exist (maybe abs). It's easier to police than knowing without doubt who is using a wheel or a controller.

Last edited:
I find that it's possible to be as fast in Gran Turismo with no aids using a controller or a wheel. However I can't be as consistent with a controller.

You might like to consider setting options allowed to make it a little easier to be consistent for controller users. That could include traction control and steering assistance if such things exist (maybe abs). It's easier to police than knowing without doubt who is using a wheel or a controller.
Yeah what I'm going to do is we will play around with things like assists in the Pre-season practise & test and then I'm letting all of the members vote on which assists to allow and which to ban so that the final result should be as fair as possible for everyone.

I am not a good racer even with a wheel, I am just terrible with a controller. If you need someone to make up numbers let me know, I would love to be in a league!

And of course I would give you a hand with the pre-season practise and test so that you can see if a wheel does indeed give much advantage.

Yeah what I'm going to do is we will play around with things like assists in the Pre-season practise & test and then I'm letting all of the members vote on which assists to allow and which to ban so that the final result should be as fair as possible for everyone.
As the Race Director, people will look to you to lead. Having them vote on assists IMO kind of tells them that you haven't done your testing and don't know what the best combination is. You'll never make everyone happy. I would do as @Brit999 suggests and engage a few testers for pre-season test sessions, gather the data, solicit recommendations and advice, but make the final decision yourself as to what is best for your series.

As the Race Director, people will look to you to lead. Having them vote on assists IMO kind of tells them that you haven't done your testing and don't know what the best combination is. You'll never make everyone happy. I would do as @Brit999 suggests and engage a few testers for pre-season test sessions, gather the data, solicit recommendations and advice, but make the final decision yourself as to what is best for your series.
I'm wanting to let the members vote because that way most people if not everyone will get what they want. I don't want to choose the assists because I will be racing aswell so I don't want to be biased towards myself and tell everyone they have to use certain assists to benefit me because it wouldn't be fair. Thats my point.

@CalumJohnson6 you might be interested in this. Some serious cockpit view, gamepad driving, albeit on the PC.

Here's another I found with some assists on and some off. Initial aids setup at the beginning. At 4:40 he pulls into the pits and removes all driving aids including ABS.

Last edited:
@CalumJohnson6 you might be interested in this. Some serious cockpit view, gamepad driving, albeit on the PC.

Here's another I found with some assists on and some off. Initial aids setup at the beginning. At 4:40 he pulls into the pits and removes all driving aids including ABS.

You can toggle the aids on and off on the wheel
For example
Abs and traction control are assigned to the + and - buttons on my driving force gt wheel

Secondly why ban aids that are on a car in irl ?
If you want realism you just say they're for you to use but if you don't want them don't use them
I prefer to have a car that allows for a reasonable slip angle so have tcs of and have spent some time on a setup. Not much but enough that it can slide if need be
Damage would be better to discuss as it can be really unforgiving

There's also options like force interior view etc.
and as it's a new game why not learn to drive from the interior view. I forced myself to use it and now it's a lot easier and I'm just as quick it's also more immersive and with the LCD displays on a lot of cars I can play with the HUD off.

I'm just putting forward my experiences so you can consider more options.

Final edit
Don't exclude people from a series if you want it to grow
Controllers and wheel users can race well together as long as everyone is honest and clean during racing.

Last edited:
Like Brit999 said, I too would like to do a series but am a wheel user too. So if you change your mind about it post here as I'll be watching this thread. Don't know about Brit999, but I'm an old guy and not that fast even with a wheel, but would just like to compete with other humans on a clean and fair basis...

I am an old guy too (ish I am 51). But I love to race. Most of the games (not Pcars obviously!) I have raced in have been infested with teen speed freaks in the fastest car they can get and then they barge around the course crashing into anything and everything to make sure they win. Personally I would love to be involved in a league/series where driving "correctly" is viewed more of an asset than a hinderance. Even if I never win a race. The greatest accolade I could achieve is that I get invited back to the next race and never get kicked!

I'm in my sixties and love to race. Since being a kid and me and my mates would hunt around or beg for old pram wheels to make a trolly with (that's a box cart). And then getting my first Scalectrix at age 11 and eventually took to driving real cars like a duck to water. LOL. But I can't drive real cars any more due to arthritis, the actual motion is very bad for it. Just been watching a PCars vid of an SLS AMG Merc driving the Azure coast, looks wonderful, so much depth and so real IMO.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-project-cars-video-thread.303289/page-41#post-10068070

Racing is fun, but so is just driving.

Can't wait...

Update on available race seats as of 6/10/2014 (European date layout)

Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3--------------1
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3-----------------------1
BMW Z4 GT3----------------------------------1
Ginetta G55 GT3------------------------------2
McLaren 12C GT3-----------------------------0
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3----------------1
Ruf RGT-8 GT3--------------------------------1

Back