PCars GT3 Racing League PS4 - Season 1 - Pre-Season

When will races be scheduled (GMT). That's the first thing I think about when planning / joining a race/series. It might be handy if we all put race times in the title.

Qualifying and race needs to be on the same day and at a later time like 8pm, for the reasons john said above.
Although i do agree with practice being on another day, again at a later time.

You can at the moment have a following in the weekend.
Practise
Qualifying
Warm up
Formation lap
Race 1
Race 2

If was you do it like this
Saturday
Quali
race 1 short sprint

Sunday a longer race 2

I would also have 3 people per a car as there's normally three driver per a car.
Then if you were on the ball if any incidents occur during race 1 they could be applied to race 2
Eg driver causes a avoidable collision so in race two he has a 3 place grid penalty.
Just my opinion

You can at the moment have a following in the weekend.
Practise
Qualifying
Warm up
Formation lap
Race 1
Race 2

If was you do it like this
Saturday
Quali
race 1 short sprint

Sunday a longer race 2

I would also have 3 people per a car as there's normally three driver per a car.
Then if you were on the ball if any incidents occur during race 1 they could be applied to race 2
Eg driver causes a avoidable collision so in race two he has a 3 place grid penalty.
Just my opinion

If this is right then we can have Practise at around 8pm-9pm on Fridays, Qualy Warm up Formation Lap and Short race on Saturday at around 8pm-9pm and then a longer possibly even endurance race on sunday at around 8pm-9pm.

If this is right then we can have Practise at around 8pm-9pm on Fridays, Qualy Warm up Formation Lap and Short race on Saturday at around 8pm-9pm and then a longer possibly even endurance race on sunday at around 8pm-9pm.

Official Practise on friday nights is out for me, but the other times are fine. I don't see practise as a problem other than doing it on my own at some other time, but without the rest of the competitors it would be a shame. But I suppose with this being international there are always likely to be time of day problems. Anyway, this one I could live with in order to still take part.

I will probably set up something separate starting later on in the evenings in the UK (10-11pm) which might just get a few in the Americas there too. It might be a variety of medium-length races trying out lots of car classes come November.

As I'll probably get a PS4 for free round the time PCars comes out this sounds interesting as a first little test series for me.

As I'll probably get a PS4 for free round the time PCars comes out this sounds interesting as a first little test series for me.

Hey Phouchg.. It's good to see you around. The PS4 is a great System. Also, Project Cars looks pretty good. Hope to see you man. I'm also interested. Add me on the PS4. My name is to the left.

Wait for the 13 to know and confirm it!, but given the situation, I might aswell say that I'm actually interested in this :lol:

For all the Racers interested. Why don't we create a Series that fits all? People won't be interested for to long. One example why.. The fast Racers will take over. I created a post about this. I stated, let's have a Qualifying Session. We can put the Fast racers in with the Fast and not so Fast in with the not so fast. If you guys want to know me, just let me know

Last edited:
For all the Racers interested. Why don't we create a Series that fits all? People will won't be interested for to long. One example why.. The fast Racers will take over. I created a post about this. I stated, let's have a Qualifying Session. We can put the Fast racers in with the Fast and not so Fast in with the not so fast. If you guys want to know me, just let me know

I think it is an excellent idea. This thread was originally about people playing on PS4 with controllers, leaving out those with wheels. However I think it has been decided that some people with wheels will be able to play as well, to test the concept of a mixed league, and how controller vs wheels compare. (please correct me if I am wrong!).

I am sure we will be having many debates on this forum in the coming months about the pros and cons of each!

Check out my post. See what you guys think of it. It'll make for a better Series.

I think it is an excellent idea. This thread was originally about people playing on PS4 with controllers, leaving out those with wheels. However I think it has been decided that some people with wheels will be able to play as well, to test the concept of a mixed league, and how controller vs wheels compare. (please correct me if I am wrong!).

I am sure we will be having many debates on this forum in the coming months about the pros and cons of each!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looking-to-start-a-race-series-ps4.318439/

For all the Racers interested. Why don't we create a Series that fits all? People won't be interested for to long. One example why.. The fast Racers will take over. I created a post about this. I stated, let's have a Qualifying Session. We can put the Fast racers in with the Fast and not so Fast in with the not so fast. If you guys want to know me, just let me know
I read your other post regarding another race league. It is possible tho that some might intentionally qualify slowly to get in a lower group in order to just clean up and win win win. Sadly that is all some are interested in and they don't care how is my experience. I recently left a GT6 series exactly for that reason and having my races compromised or messed up by such selfishness. Although they didn't follow the GTP Race Rules and guidelines. tbh I wouldn't be interested in a series that did not follow the GTP Rules.

I think you all should check out my Series. It's for all types of Driving skill. The headline topic is gt3 series with tiers for your driving skills. Check it out, sign up if it fits you.

Back