PCars Sales Discussion

• Thread starter TurismoBad
  • 44 comments
Fantastic news that Project Cars has sold a million copies in less than 4 weeks! I think by the end of the year, it will sell at least 2 million more :D

Given the hype it is not surprising. I expected more TBH and the numbers are great so far. Forza6 is coming this year I think so Pcars sales are going to stumble in Xbone and I doubt PC sales are going to improve unless there is really good sale. I think it will reach a million sales on PS4 for sure in 2015

1+ Million for a new, independent Racing Simulation is unheard of. I reckon it will be around 2 Million by the end of this year. And the impact to the genre is visible already with AC coming to consoles and Forza/GT forced to up their game to be able to compete.

a-team-tote-bag-hannibal-a-plan-comes-together.jpg

I would like to see RaceRoom Racing Experience come to consoles. I have watched heaps of YouTube vids of it and I am very impressed.

Given the hype it is not surprising. I expected more TBH and the numbers are great so far. Forza6 is coming this year I think so Pcars sales are going to stumble in Xbone and I doubt PC sales are going to improve unless there is really good sale. I think it will reach a million sales on PS4 for sure in 2015
What hype? Outside of a few sim racing sites like this one, there was almost no promotion for the game and certainly very little to the public outside of Youtube.

What hype? Outside of a few sim racing sites like this one, there was almost no promotion for the game and certainly very little to the public outside of Youtube.

Countless youtube videos obviously helps before release. The game has got great coverage for years. It was nice idea to get community into it and create more interest. I think it saved them lot of money too.

Countless youtube videos obviously helps before release. The game has got great coverage for years. It was nice idea to get community into it and create more interest. I think it saved them lot of money too.
Youtube videos and coverage on websites catering to the sim community is not hype otherwise you could say that literally every sim game released in the past few years has been hyped. The sim community is quite small, the number of people that hang out on sim racing sites is even smaller. Hype would be widespread promotion in broader media, tv commercials, promoted by Sony, launch events covered by the worldwide gaming press, having a street named after you etc. That's hype.

Yep, there was very little hype on the game. Here on GT planet and I'm sure on a few other sites there was a good bit of talk about it but if not for the fact that i visit here often I may not of even known it existed much less been looking forward to it.

I have talked to several people that I raced with on Forza and not one of them knew anything about the game, only one had even heard of it before I told them. Keep in mind that some of these guys are major Forza players who have played every version and are online multiple times per week racing and yet they did not have a clue that a new racing sim was coming.

Out side of sites like this one I have not saw a single ad or mention of the game unless I specifically searched for it and may not have even noticed it here if not for someone bringing it up a few times in the GT 6 discussion area.

Youtube videos and coverage on websites catering to the sim community is not hype otherwise you could say that literally every sim game released in the past few years has been hyped. The sim community is quite small, the number of people that hang out on sim racing sites is even smaller. Hype would be widespread promotion in broader media, tv commercials, promoted by Sony, launch events covered by the worldwide gaming press, having a street named after you etc. That's hype.

There is difference between hype and advertising.

Like a GTR with GT logo. Throwing a launch party, manufacture, race driver talking about the game etc and other conventional style of advertising. Obviously Pcars did not have or could not afford it. But the hype was huge IMO. Dirt rally I think a preview version is launched only on PC ATM barely got any hype or advertising. In fact it was unexpected. Anyone who is remotely interested in realistic racing games like GT, Forza or PC sims I am sure is aware of Pcars too. It has been talked about for years, videos of beta version. Also PS4 version at least is there for more than 1yr. Pcars did not much advertizing but hype was huge.

Like a GTR with GT logo. Throwing a launch party, manufacture, race driver talking about the game etc and other conventional style of advertising. Obviously Pcars did not have or could not afford it. But the hype was huge IMO. Dirt rally I think a preview version is launched only on PC ATM barely got any hype or advertising. In fact it was unexpected. Anyone who is remotely interested in realistic racing games like GT, Forza or PC sims I am sure is aware of Pcars too. It has been talked about for years, videos of beta version. Also PS4 version at least is there for more than 1yr. Pcars did not much advertizing but hype was huge.

I have talked to several people that I raced with on Forza and not one of them knew anything about the game, only one had even heard of it before I told them. Keep in mind that some of these guys are major Forza players who have played every version and are online multiple times per week racing and yet they did not have a clue that a new racing sim was coming.
Out side of sites like this one I have not saw a single ad or mention of the game unless I specifically searched for it and may not have even noticed it here if not for someone bringing it up a few times in the GT 6 discussion area.
The game was promoted basically only on sim racing sites. GTP is the biggest of them all but the PCars forum was mainly the same 50-100 people talking about the game. The other forums I visit like VirtualR and Race Department were nowhere near as busy as here. The impression I got was that the hardcore sim enthusiasts, those that have a half dozen or more games in their library, knew about the game, the casual players knew very little or not at all.

The game was promoted basically only on sim racing sites. GTP is the biggest of them all but the PCars forum was mainly the same 50-100 people talking about the game. The other forums I visit like VirtualR and Race Department were nowhere near as busy as here. The impression I got was that the hardcore sim enthusiasts, those that have a half dozen or more games in their library, knew about the game, the casual players knew very little or not at all.
that also explained why there was a rapid increase of us wmd member answering the same questions.
The dlc seems to have gone down well. seems people enjoy this sensible price for dlc.

Back