PCars Tuning

• Thread starter AllinWitJT
  • 37 comments
AllinWitJT
Any info on tuning? Is it infinant? Non existent? Are parts an option or a non option? Cars come as are and green light?

Thanks. JT.

Well from what I've seen, I guess it would depend on your definition of tuning, but the cars have many adjustments from spring and damper stiffness, tire pressure, alignment, aero, diff, and even TCS tuning just to name a few. However as far as ecu tuning and such, the best you will get is adjustable boost/restricters...

Note: this is as far as I've seen via YouTube

Any info on tuning? Is it infinant? Non existent? Are parts an option or a non option? Cars come as are and green light?

Thanks. JT.
On racecars you can tune (adjust)all the parts that you would have been able to tune in the real world. Springs, aero, ride height, dampers, bump stops, camber, toe, LSD etc. More on the modern cars, less on the older cars. On street cars the adjustments are far fewer. Tuning is meant to mimic the real world. Tires are limited to realistic compounds available for the car.

There are no add on parts or tuning upgrades. Boost will be adjustable on turbos.

Even better. I'm very happy that add on parts are not available. That always seems to make a racing game a little cheesy and arcade-ish.
The realism certainly gets lost. There isn't a game out there that has got tuning upgrades fully realistic.

How is ERS managed? Can you pick an choose at what point in the rev range it is applied? Always wanted to change it slightly in the Toyota in GT6. Always came in just when i needed good traction the most an cost me time. :nervous:

How is ERS managed? Can you pick an choose at what point in the rev range it is applied? Always wanted to change it slightly in the Toyota in GT6. Always came in just when i needed good traction the most an cost me time. :nervous:

Not specifically tuning related but on a similar note can you activate DRS whenever you want or are there rules?

Not specifically tuning related but on a similar note can you activate DRS whenever you want or are there rules?
I think I am safe in saying the amount of DRS benefit and the size and placement of the activation zone will conform to real life standards.

I agree. Many memorable races are spec.

We had some great racing in GT6 yesterday in stock M5's and IS F's. My group has used it regularly and ran a successful stock series in GT5. I know other groups like Turtle Racing use it almost exclusively. I hope this is something that will be implemented at some point in the development cycle of the game. It's not to everyone's tastes but it is great to do from time to time. I don't think it's a big task for a room to automatically load the stock set up for all selected cars in an online room and not allow changes while in the lobby (I could ge wrong). It's a great quick way of getting close, equal racing with minimal fettling time.

I think Project Cars will be missing a little trick until they offer the option.

On racecars you can tune (adjust)all the parts that you would have been able to tune in the real world. Springs, aero, ride height, dampers, bump stops, camber, toe, LSD etc. More on the modern cars, less on the older cars. On street cars the adjustments are far fewer. Tuning is meant to mimic the real world. Tires are limited to realistic compounds available for the car.

There are no add on parts or tuning upgrades. Boost will be adjustable on turbos.

Will Adjustment made to cars be saved? or will it reset to default?

oh yeah, that's in the latest pit stop video, and I think he said it can be changed in the pits during the race. even better news!
As @psychoazubi mentions, you'll be able to make adjustments in the pits, but only the adjustments that would be available on the real car and so every car or series will be different. Multiple tunes per car per track is a sim racing thing. I don't have PCars but in AC, iRacing etc., you make a tune for qualifying, racing, different tires if you want etc. So when qualifying starts you pick your qualifying tune (less fuel, softer tires, a little less "safe" setup perhaps), when qualifying is over, you will have an opportunity to pick your racing tune etc.

As @psychoazubi mentions, you'll be able to make adjustments in the pits, but only the adjustments that would be available on the real car and so every car or series will be different. Multiple tunes per car per track is a sim racing thing. I don't have PCars but in AC, iRacing etc., you make a tune for qualifying, racing, different tires if you want etc. So when qualifying starts you pick your qualifying tune (less fuel, softer tires, a little less "safe" setup perhaps), when qualifying is over, you will have an opportunity to pick your racing tune etc.
thanks dude. this game is going to be great

If you have ever played GTR2 from SimBin, you will have a good idea of what to expect tuning wise. Everything about this game is about authenticity from what I have seen.

This is a serious racing game and in no way comparable to the likes of NFS, Forza or even Gran Turismo. These games try to be all things to all players whereas pCARS is aimed at the serious Sim Racing community.

Tuning options include normal racing suspension adjustments (springs, ride height, fast and slow bump/rebound, camber, caster and toe) as well as downforce, transmission, LSD, radiator openings, brake pressure, brake duct size, turbo waste gate, etc. Tires are limited to what would be available in real life, and only those adj6stments that would be available on the real car are available in "game".

Having said all of that, I am only speaking from what I have seen on the early PC versions. There may be small differences to accomodate other platforms.

If you have ever played GTR2 from SimBin, you will have a good idea of what to expect tuning wise. Everything about this game is about authenticity from what I have seen.

GTR2 is exactly what I was thinking of when people are talking about how it will be managed. The automatic generation of foldrs and selection of setups by track is just superb.

Currently running P&G3 to fill in time during the delay - I forgot how good it is!

One option that a lot of games lack is tire pressure, a crucial part of car setup for racing depending on the temperature of the track and the weight and weight distribution of the car.
Does project C.A.R.S have the option of "tweaking" the tire pressures of each individual car?

One option that a lot of games lack is tire pressure, a crucial part of car setup for racing depending on the temperature of the track and the weight and weight distribution of the car.
Does project C.A.R.S have the option of "tweaking" the tire pressures of each individual car?
yes, tire pressures can be adjusted for each tire as well as selecting different compounds, i am sure.

Back