PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP = Finished

• Thread starter Mr Grumpy
  • 523 comments
That's odd @Mr Grumpy, good spot. It very rarely goes that smoothly, there's usually a "Oh damn" restart or two, so I'll see how it goes. To be honest I've not checked the fuel level on any of the cars so far.
I've not payed to much attention to it either, I just normally select either of the default setups & go for it.

Definitely an odd one.

But in general, how it works in game, if fuel is off, does it affects a weight?

Pretty interesting, because for time trials it shows 5l regardless.

But in general, how it works in game, if fuel is off, does it affects a weight?

Pretty interesting, because for time trials it shows 5l regardless.
I think it does, I'm sure I've done this test before (a full tank vs empty tank) with fuel usage off & it's definitely faster with a empty tank. Not by much but it's definitely worth a little time.

I think it does, I'm sure I've done this test before (a full tank vs empty tank) with fuel usage off & it's definitely faster with a empty tank. Not by much but it's definitely worth a little time.
I run all 3 races with empty tank, so it was some kind of cheating? :)

I've been dropping my fuel down to 5L or so too. I haven't been changing much but I made some tire pressure adjustments in a couple races, and I think I shortened the gears in the first round. The rules say setup is optional but I didn't want to spend too much time fiddling around, just some simple quick basics. Ran the Caterham race as a default tune though.

I think if you use the default tunes it auto-adjusts your fuel load anyway. It tends to only give half of what it says in practice sessions, and I'm sure I've seen it use even less for short races. As soon as you touch anything in setup it stops doing that though, you'll have to set it yourself.

How did @Chikane_GTR get banned?
I haven't been following the PC3 threads at all so I don't know what's been going on. Everyone seemed to be constantly going over the same topics the last time I looked, I don't expect that's changed much. Perhaps it got overheated, so it might not be permanent, just a cool down period.

I don’t think he gets very heated.
Looking at the PC3 thread, looks like he was onto some kind of XP/Money boost?

Everyone playing detective must figure this ban out cause to me he’s always been a stand up guy.

I had a quick look over there but couldn't see/didn't notice anything out of the ordinary (meaning no worse than it normally is)

Ah well, it is what it is.

Well there was a big argument about whether PC3 looks terrible or it's only because he doesn't sit 8 feet away from his TV like you're supposed to. That had gotten pretty heated and maybe went a bit too far? Otherwise I have no idea. He's on the pCARS forum too if anybody has an account there(I don't think I do).

My hand is looking good now, so I will do race 4 at weekend. Please wait a bit more.
No worries :)

People can post their race 5 times if they want I'll just hold off on updating the championship that's all.

But yeah, I got no issues waiting or if others want to move on 👍

People can post their race 5 times

I haven't had a chance to give race 5 a go yet. Mainly because I've been organising and testing for THIS*. But I might get a chance later today. What's the combo like?

* All welcome. Well if you've got a PS4 and the time suits you and you like the cars and the format. :)

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to give race 5 a go yet. Mainly because I've been organising and testing for THIS. But I might get a chance later today. What's the combo like?
Honestly..... :)

After race 4, it's kinda boring :lol:

You gotta keep the revs highish in the Porsche otherwise it bogs down & when the power kicks in it don't last long enough before you're changing gear again so it requires a lot of throttle control regarding keeping it in the power range when changing gears up or down.

I haven't had a chance to give race 5 a go yet. Mainly because I've been organising and testing for THIS*. But I might get a chance later today. What's the combo like?

Honestly..... :)

After race 4, it's kinda boring :lol:

You gotta keep the revs highish in the Porsche otherwise it bogs down & when the power kicks in it don't last long enough before you're changing gear again so it requires a lot of throttle control regarding keeping it in the power range when changing gears up or down.

Yep, I agree. I'd describe it as "Turbo lag, more lag, some lag, a bit more lag, POWERRRRRR!, change gear. Turbo lag....."

I haven't tried the actual race yet, just been doing some runs in TT to get a feel for the car, but it is definitely dominated by the turbo lag!

Yep, I agree. I'd describe it as "Turbo lag, more lag, some lag, a bit more lag, POWERRRRRR!, change gear. Turbo lag....."

I haven't tried the actual race yet, just been doing some runs in TT to get a feel for the car, but it is definitely dominated by the turbo lag!
I wonder if you might actually benefit lowering the boost pressure down to 75 from 100 which may actually help, you'd still get the lag but might not get caught out mid corner when the power kicks in.

The AI are crap on 100/100 again here btw

Well I've got around to it much sooner than I thought. And yes I can see what you both mean about the turbo (I like the whistling :-). I suppose it is from 1980. It's quite lively when it get going though.

I don't think I'll get anywhere near the 10 minute mark! That's because of the limited choice of colours, not my driving of course. :)

The AI are crap on 100/100 again here btw
My usual PCCP 111/33 seemed to generally work quite well. So far.

not get caught out mid corner when the power kicks in.
Hmm. I've played with your rules and tried it with TC on low, makes it much more manageable when you're trying to chase a time. We'll see how it goes as I get used to the car - which I've never driven before, not sure why.

You break my heart people, it's 924, it not supposed to be anything what you expected, but good looking:).

I drove it before and yeah, if not master gearing and corner entries it worse in class, like absolutely not competitive to M1. Add to mix headless AI and you'll be punished every corner by hard punches from dive bombing style they race.

You break my heart people, it's 924, it not supposed to be anything what you expected, but good looking:).

I drove it before and yeah, if not master gearing and corner entries it worse in class, like absolutely not competitive to M1. Add to mix headless AI and you'll be punished every corner by hard punches from dive bombing style they race.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's fabulous in many ways, but it's very definitely a "big turbo from the '80s" car :lol:

Offtopic for a second - the M1 Procar. Now that is one of the outstanding cars in pCARS2 - I absolutely love driving that thing, it's a pure joy. Think i might have to call dibs on it for season 2.....

So ran a little test race or two...

@Mr Grumpy you are not wrong about the AI here, they need turning up from 100 definitely. If nothing else this series is giving me combos that make me feel good about the AI level I'm racing :lol:

@Bloodytears she's pretty, for sure. Also breathes fire...

20200911000207_1.jpg

20200912002937_1.jpg

Tried out the 924 tonight. About 3 shots deep after playing guitar so I accidentally on purpose "forgot" to close the gates and instead let all of Group 4 run around the whole Ring for an hour. Loved it. I didn't see much issue with the turbo. I mean, it's got a FIVE speed! As long as you keep it above 5k you've got 300 horses to work with. It does drop off below that, but that just means you can floor it that much earlier in the off-speed corners with no worries. Built-in traction control lol. :cool: Handling is quite forgiving, I could happily drive a long-distance run without hardly any tweaks(but the brakes need closing off as most do). Worst thing is that there are no liveries.

Took a quick spin around the DTM track and the extra brake temp overpressured the tires a bit, burned them off pretty quick too. So that's an adjustment to make.

6E39A6A5-BCC9-4893-A289-ABDCCC03D486.jpeg
What a combo :eek:
Up, down, left, right, up, down ... I felt sick from that :boggled: (cockpit cam is used).
Elastic bondage on my hand was needed - to much wheel job. AI’ were a bit angry there, more than 2 hours spent and reached line only twice.

Nice, right then I'll update things soon.

Crack on with the race 5

Erm.... @Chikane_GTR not sure if you get an alert when you're banned but incase you read this then just follow the normal procedure & if you can create a post on the official forum & I'll visit over there, I think @Corsa are you a member aswell so we can at least still relay information?

Championship Standings have been updated.

Race 4 results have been updated.

Congratulations to @Morgoth_666 again 👍

Edit: @gregc just noticed your over on the official site aswell mate, you can nudge @Chikane_GTR over there (keep in contact) & get him to post race results in the photo thread, or take a screenshot of his post & re-post it here.

On another note I'm really liking this race 5 combo a bit more now, much better driving on & over the limit without losing to much power to turbo lag, (default loose, no aids) easing off the brakes earlier & keeping about 25% throttle keeps it in a nice window.

You know what, the physics of this game make much more sense without aids, even as a controller user on vehicles that are supposed to have aids, turning them all off just feels right, it's like the aids are an afterthought on top of the physics engine, I've been practicing without aids over the last 6 months slowly getting used to it, but it's made PC2 a new game to which I'm still thoroughly enjoying it more.

Last edited:
Back