• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 230 comments

IfAndOr

Still here.
Premium
Seychelles
Shropshire
IfAndOr
Welcome to the Renault Sport Race Series (RSRS)

Mondays at 8pm (UK) - Starting 14/09

PROJECT__5.jpg

Featuring the Renault Sport R.S. 01 and Renault Sport Mégane SMS-R TCC

(Please note. The R.S. 01 is not the GT3 version)​

Each meeting will consist of 3 races - 2 sprint races in the Mégane and 1 longer "endurance" race in the R.S. 01. Each car will run on 2 variations of the same circuit. The Megane on a shorter layout and the R.S. on a longer version. The meeting will hopefully last about an hour and a half.

The schedule.
1st race. Mégane, 10 min qualification*, an approx. 12 minute race - shorter track layout.
*This will allow any latecomers to still enter. Provided they are not too late! There's always the following race anyway.

2nd race. Mégane, Random Grid, an approx 12 minute race - shorter track layout.
Points from the 2 Mégane races are combined to give an overall result.

3rd race. R.S.01, 10 minutes qualification, a 20 - 25 minute race, rolling start with formation lap, compulsory pit stop. - longer track layout.

The sprint races will be in laps and the length will be approximately 12 -13 minutes - depending on track.

Track list
Barcelona - National / GP
Brands Hatch - Indy / GP
Dubai - National / International

Hockenheim - Short / National
Mugello - Short / GP

Nurbergring - Sprint Short / GP
Oulton Park - Fosters / International
Red Bull Ring - National / GP
Ruapuna Park - Club / GP
Sakitto - Sprint / GP
Silverstone - National / International
Watkins Glen - International Short / GP

1st mentioned layout for the sprint races. 2nd for the "endurance" race.
I've tested both cars on all the tracks and they generally work well.​

Although I'd like you to stay for the whole meeting Drivers can join at any time and enter the next race or leave if they didn't want to participate in a later race.

Last edited:
Details

The Mégane races will use a standing start.

The R.S. 01 race will begin with a manual formation lap leading to a rolling start. The pace is controlled by the driver in pole position but please keep it to around 60mph/100kh. Please stay in grid position forming up as you approach the start line. Keep those tyres warm but try not to crash on the out lap ;-)

Pit Stops - The longer race (except specified exceptions) will feature one compulsory Pit Stop. Failure to complete the pit stop will incur a time penalty. The pit stop should not be taken on the 1st or last laps. I'd preferably like everyone to use the default pit stop setup please - to keep the stops equal for all.
There will be no Pit Stop required during the shorter sprint races.

Pit stops will be set to automatic - mainly to save confusion since some tracks have different pits for different layouts!

Authentic driver aids will be forced on to help those who might benefit from them. You can turn them off if you have them mapped. This only affects the RS, the Mégane is aid free.

NB. Please do not use "reset to track" unless necessary - this could be considered cheating, observe track limits, however if your car is on its side or roof or otherwise unable to move, reset to track can be used .

Rules

We will be following the Online Racing Rules (OLR) as published on GT Planet. Please read and comply with these - click on link below:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.111241/

Key Things
This is a hobby and we do this for fun, including me!
If you make a mistake and gain an advantage - give the place back.
If you make a mistake and go off the track - be careful when you rejoin not to get in the way of oncoming cars (Note reset to track is not allowed and is considered cheating - if you are struggling to stay on track slow down to an appropriate pace).
If you get upset - don't retaliate.
If you get too upset - quit the race and calm down.
If you need to complain about someone's driving wait until the next day to think it over then if needed send a private message via GT Planet to IfAndOr - DO NOT complain about other drivers on this thread or any other public forum.
DO NOT send text messages during qualifying or the race - they are very distracting - wait until after the meeting.

Penalties
I like to keep things simple - if a penalty needs to be given a driver may have their result altered. If it was a serious offence they may be excluded from the results.
Serious and / or repeated offences may result in a temporary suspension or permanent ban.

Lobby/Race Settings used in PC2
Basic Settings
Default setup (tuning prohibited)
Private - Invite only
Grid 16 slots
Fill vacant slots with AI - No
Standing Start for Sprint races
Rolling Start for "Endurance" race - with formation lap.

Total Meeting Length - Approx. 1 hour and 25 minutes
Practise - none (Zero)
10 minutes Qualification x 2 (Race 1 & 3)
2 x 12 minute Races and 1 x 25 minute race - approximate times

Rules & Penalties - On
Track Limit Penalties - Off (depending on track)
Allowable Time Penalty - 25 (when on)
Drive Through Penalties - Off
Pit Exit Penalty - On
Competitive Racing License - On
Min. Competitive License Required - U101

Conditions
Generally the tracks will be set to ideal conditions to promote good safe racing. Different weather conditions and time progression may be used from time to time, but will normally be announced in advance.

Realism Settings
Allow Auto Start Engine -Yes
Force Interior view - No
Force Driving Line Off - Yes
Force Default Setups - Yes
Force Manual Gears - No
Force Realistic Driving Aids - Yes
Allow Anti Lock Brakes - No
Allow Traction Control - No
Allow Stability Control - No
Damage Type - Visual Only
Mechanical Failures - Yes (be careful not to over-rev)
Allow Ghosted Vehicles - Yes
Force Manual Pit stops - No
Pit Stop Errors - No
Tire Wear - Authentic
Fuel Depletion - Normal
Force cool down Lap - No

Last edited:
Entries.

The series is an offshoot of @Sick Cylinder's Monday races* (since he's unable to run those himself at the moment) so some members from there are already entered.
* Some of whose rules and regulations I've "borrowed" :-)

If you you'd like to participate drop a message down below. Don't be worried we're a friendly bunch and have all speeds and abilities in our group so there should be someone to race with. (We tend not to use microphones during the meeting since this can be annoying for some)

Participants. 12 + 3
@IfAndOr Mégane #17 / R.S. #07
@John Wells Mégane #26 / R.S. #23
@half_sourly Mégane #55 / R.S. #19
@lancerevoo Mégane #42 / R.S. #04
@AndreasR Mégane #19 / R.S. #38
@Oldbass47 Mégane #11 / R.S. #17
@Maxmusmonster Mégane #04 / R.S. #26
@Napalm_LT Mégane #86 / R.S. #03
@xeronima Mégane #62 / R.S. #18
@Don Mejillone Mégane #08 / R.S. #09
@richroo Mégane #? / R.S. #?
@beachboy6658 Mégane #? / R.S. #?

Reserves
@Harsk100 Mégane #01 / R.S. #01
@GTP_Jonjig Mégane #12 / R.S. #40
@jake2013guy Mégane #54 / R.S. #25
(RacingAtHome)

Other of Sick's recent regulars who might want to join in? - @WiSchmo @joedakiss @rj5992 @Hygrade B @jammy21 and of course @Sick Cylinder
Sorry if I've missed anyone - let me know.

Last edited:
Scoring / Results
Tables are kindly generated and maintained by @AndreasR and @half_sourly

Congratulations to Simba on his win in both championships.
Mon Short.jpg

Mon long.jpg

Race Results

Megane
Barcelona MON Megane.jpg

RS 01
Barcelona MON RS01.jpg

Race 1
PROJECT__7.jpg

Race 2
PROJECT__8.jpg

Race 3
PROJECT__9.jpg

Megane
Dubai MON Megane.jpg

R.S. 01
Dubai MON RS01.jpg

Megane
Hockenheim Megane MON.jpg

R.S. 01
Hockenheim RS01 MON.jpg

Mégane
Mugello Megane TC MON.jpg

R.S. 01
Mugello RS01 MON.jpg

Mégane
Nürburgring Megane MON.jpg

R.S. 01
Nürburgring RS01 MON.jpg

Mégane
Oulton Fosters Megane MON.jpg

R.S.01
Oulton Park International RS01 MON.jpg

Mégane
RBR Megane MON.jpg

R.S.01
RBR RS01 MON.jpg

Mégane
Ruapuna Megane MON.jpg

R.S.01
Ruapuna RS01 MON.jpg

Mégane
Sakitto Megane MON.jpg

R.S. 01
Sakitto RS01 MON.jpg

Mégane
Silverstone Megane MON.jpg

R.S.01
Silverstone RS01 MON.jpg

Mégane
WatkinsGlen Megane MON.jpg

R.S. 01
WatkinsGlen RS01 MON.jpg

Last edited:
Entries.

The series is an offshoot of @Sick Cylinder's Monday races* (since he's unable to run those himself at the moment) so some members from there are already entered.
* Some of whose rules and regulations I've "borrowed" :-)

If you you'd like to participate drop a message down below. Don't be worried we're a friendly bunch and have all speeds and abilities in our group so there should be someone to race with. (We tend not to use microphones during the meeting since this can be annoying for some)

Participants.
@IfAndOr Mégane #65 / R.S. #07
@John Wells Mégane #26 / R.S. #23
@half_sourly Mégane #? / R.S. #10?
@lancerevoo Mégane #42 / R.S. #04
@AndreasR Mégane #19 / R.S. #38
@Oldbass47 Mégane #53? / R.S. #38?
@Maxmusmonster Mégane #04 / R.S. #26
@Napalm_LT Mégane #86 / R.S. #03
@xeronima ? Mégane #62? / R.S. #18?

Other of Sick's recent regulars who might want to join in? - @WiSchmo @Don Mejillone @beachboy6658 @richroo @joedakiss @rj5992 @Hygrade B @Harsk100 @jammy21 and of course @Sick Cylinder
Sorry if I've missed anyone - let me know.
I'll love to join when I can

Because Napalm can't make it this evening, and there's still a few others missing, I suggest we have one more pre-season test race. It'll give Don and everyone a chance to get used to the format.

Let's use a track not on the list - Donnington Park national / GP

Hopefully we'll start the series proper the following week. Maybe a few other new drivers might also show an interest by then. 👍

Last edited:
Thanks Andreas. I wasn't planning on doing a leaderboard for this test race. I would point out though that I made a mistake with last week's, using the 20 to 1 points system instead of the new one where last place scores 1 and each higher place 1 more. I have fixed my template, so ready for next week.

using the 20 to 1 points system
Ah, yes, I did spot that. I meant to mention it, but forgot! :dopey:

I think I'll adjust the race lengths down slightly to make the meeting just a little more compact, we don't want it overrunning too much if there's problems. Everything else meeting wise seemed to run fairly smoothly.

I just need to slow @lancerevoo down. :)

Hey I've just spotted that I got the fastest Megane lap. That's it championship over. :D

After noting the messages in PC2 and on the PSN thread I've now had a chance to review Monday's final test races.

@Harsk100 - to be fair once you got going you generally drove well and very quickly - which I know you are capable of. But 3 things to note...

1) You need to calm down at the start of the races. There's enough time to try and gain a few places, you don't have to win every race by the 1st corner. I'm looking at you race two!! :ill:
2) As I said generally you were good, but at times just try to be a little more patient when around other drivers to avoid contact. If you do that hopefully they will be the same towards you.
3) I'm trying to run this series without the track limit penalties enabled but PLEASE don't abuse this. There is a chicane at Donington, on some laps it went missing! :sly:

Although I enjoy watching the replays to see the scraps going on between everyone I don't really want to watch them looking for "incidents". Although we like to be competitive we also like to have fun. 👍

Also Harsk I don't know if you (and everyone) has noticed, but I have removed the cockpit view only restriction. You may like to use a more GT like view to help with spatial awareness. ;)

After noting the messages in PC2 and on the PSN thread I've now had a chance to review Monday's final test races.

@Harsk100 - to be fair once you got going you generally drove well and very quickly - which I know you are capable of. But 3 things to note...

1) You need to calm down at the start of the races. There's enough time to try and gain a few places, you don't have to win every race by the 1st corner. I'm looking at you race two!! :ill:
2) As I said generally you were good, but at times just try to be a little more patient when around other drivers to avoid contact. If you do that hopefully they will be the same towards you.
3) I'm trying to run this series without the track limit penalties enabled but PLEASE don't abuse this. There is a chicane at Donington, on some laps it went missing! :sly:

Although I enjoy watching the replays to see the scraps going on between everyone I don't really want to watch them looking for "incidents". Although we like to be competitive we also like to have fun. 👍

Also Harsk I don't know if you (and everyone) has noticed, but I have removed the cockpit view only restriction. You may like to use a more GT like view to help with spatial awareness. ;)
Sorry IfAndOr!

I tried to keep the cockpit view, since it is mandatory on Sick Cylinder's series on PCars 2. I will try to be more patient next time...

I will try to be more patient next time...
👍 That's all I'm after. Clean and close racing with respect from other drivers comes from being patient. :)

Try another view if you like Harsk. For online racing with most cars I've swapped to my favourite bonnet view. While not so immersive I find I can avoid contact more easily. Offline I sometimes switch back to interior view.

Hey , I'd like to sign up .
Hi Jonjig, haven't seen you for a while. Welcome back on board. :)
Entrants post updated. 👍
Have a quick scan of the format just to get an idea of what we're up to.

[S]@Harsk100[/S], [S]@half_sourly[/S], @Oldbass47 and @xeronima - what number cars would you like to use? I wasn't sure if the cars you used in the test races were the ones you were going to use in the series.

A slight change that nobody would probably notice. I'm swapping the longer race from timed to laps. This will give me slightly more control over race length and allow the compulsory pitstop option to be used - the game will then penalise you if you fail to stop.

Monday at Barcelona will be National 9 laps (x2) and GP 11 laps. (That's about 12mins and 23mins)

Last edited:
Entrants post updated. 👍

@Harsk100, @half_sourly, @Oldbass47 and @xeronima - what number cars would you like to use? I wasn't sure if the cars you used in the test races were the ones you were going to use in the series.

A slight change that nobody would probably notice. I'm swapping the longer race from timed to laps. This will give me slightly more control over race length and allow the compulsory pitstop option to be used - the game will then penalise you if you fail to stop.

Monday at Barcelona will be National 9 laps (x2) and GP 11 laps. (That's about 12mins and 23mins)
How many liveries are on both Renaults?

How many liveries are on both Renaults?
There are 22 (+4 dlc) for the Megane and 30 for the RS01. However the numbering is not sequential, they vary quite a bit. Number 1 is still available for both cars - I know you like to sometimes use that.

Race number 5 at Mugello might be a problem for you since that is a DLC track which I don't think you have.

There are 22 (+4 dlc) for the Megane and 30 for the RS01. However the numbering is not sequential, they vary quite a bit. Number 1 is still available for both cars - I know you like to sometimes use that.

Race number 5 at Mugello might be a problem for you since that is a DLC track which I don't think you have.
In this case, put me down on number #1 then. :cheers:

Entrants post updated. 👍

[S]@Harsk100[/S], [S]@half_sourly[/S], @Oldbass47 and @xeronima - what number cars would you like to use? I wasn't sure if the cars you used in the test races were the ones you were going to use in the series.

I'll stick to the 18/62 you registered me for initially.

And tomorrow will be a stretch for me to join. I'll basically not know until very late.

Wouldn't mind signing up for this as it's tonight. Enjoy driving the touring cars but not so experienced in the RS01 but I'm sure I'll be fine. :)

I'll take the #54 for the Megane and the #25 for the RS01 Trophy.

PSN is RacingAtHome.

Hi Jake, good to see you over here. I'll send you a FR when I get on later so I can then send you an invite.

I'm sure you'll like the RS, it seems popular amongst the regulars. :)

Back