PD must be doing something awesome.

A lot of people said that they're either watching anime or re runs of breaking bad, I reckon there just watching KAZ over and over again. :sly:

But I'm new to GT.
Maybe its a good idea to just read a bit of the history of GT... Or play GT1-5?
I get that some people are new to GT... but I don't get the stubborn attitude to us who say we got delivered an incomplete GT6.
You say you got what was promissed to you... Fair enough, enjoy!
But then why are 200+ dedicated fans here complaining it isn't what was promised to them...?
Please try to understand we have a point... And we are all anxiously waiting to get the GT6 we paid 80euros for.
We do believe PD will deliver... But we're still waiting after 12-6-13 to get GT6v2 ... And that's 🤬:banghead::mad::ouch:

Enjoy GT6 in your own way and enjoy GTPlanet! :gtpflag:

(I'm trying to give you an idea of why people are upset... Not trying to upset you)

Quite right, @bman1984. You can't yet set up cones on the GT Arena. I stand corrected. It's a massive omission, and you should get your money back. I'll get back in my box.

No, no, no you say right here. You brought up a point and learned something. We all learn things. Thank you for not getting defensive. You seem quite reasonable as shown by your other posts, so I wasn't too worried to post my thoughts.

I'm not looking for my money back, but a discount on Gran Turismo 7 (with proof of GT6 ownership) would be nice at this point. I wonder how others would like that? I knew what I was getting into with a GT6 purchase and don't regret it. I understand the basics of how PD operates and their "schedule" or lack there of. I'm just a bit disappointed that with the on time release of GT6, they got their act together.:(

Yes, it must be awesome to jet around the world, smooze with all the auto mfg big brass, see all the cool new cars and race around the Nurb. Too bad that it seems they have forgotten they have a half finished game that we all payed full price for that they need to finish :mischievous:

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the case. And frankly, I want it to be true. I'm really "disappoint" with how antiquated PS3 is compared to the average gaming laptop, and I've never stopped itching to see what Gran Turismo can be on PS4.
GT6 did a good job of making me want a new GT game quickly as it looked like not much thought had gone into it in making it a challenge due to probably not getting all the new systems working in the game. Hope the GT formula of GT4 will be back in next GT game, where there are many events and also challenges well thought out. Until then though waiting on GT6 updates, hopefully new sound engine can make it in on the PS3, probably will be a while before there is this number of cars in a GT game so will make GT6 a good game to go back to if they can make it sound more like the real thing. AI engine that is competitive and not rubber band style will make it even better.

Hope the delay is because they had a eureka moment and close to getting the new engines that were probably developed for PS4 in mind on to the PS3 and running properly.

Quite right, @bman1984. You can't yet set up cones on the GT Arena. I stand corrected. It's a massive omission, and you should get your money back. I'll get back in my box.

Don't get back in the box my friend. :)

I'm not as upset as many people are at this point. I'm still trying to keep positive about the game and future content. But I am one of those people that only bought the game because of advertised features. In fact, it was only a week before release when I read about car clubs and decided to go ahead and buy a PS3 and GT6. That was solely due to the idea of expanded "community" features and car clubs.

While I'm not ready to boycott and grab the pitchforks, I can totally understand why people are. They have every right to be. It's crazy in this world where contacting your customers/fans are just a few keystrokes away to delay features as long as they have with not a word. It's a reasonable criticism now, 3 months into release, to start questioning where and why are the advertised features not here. And if it ends up with them just abandoning all those features and moving on to GT7, as they have before, people have every right to be infuriated. To me, I'd put it right up there with when Greenbucks told the Forza community that "all the online features of FM2" would be in FM3 only to get the game and find out that most of the online features had in fact been gutted.🤬

Hopefully the OP is right and PD has some major thing up their sleeve....maybe all the "coming soon" features all in one big update. But, even if they are doing something like that, it's still their fault for the general state of mistrust that has been created. People have waited patiently at this point. Asking for patience time ended a few weeks ago when the promised big Feburuary update with the new track didn't show up without so much as a "sorry for the inconvienence".

Don't get back in the box my friend. :)

I'm not as upset as many people are at this point. I'm still trying to keep positive about the game and future content. But I am one of those people that only bought the game because of advertised features. In fact, it was only a week before release when I read about car clubs and decided to go ahead and buy a PS3 and GT6. That was solely due to the idea of expanded "community" features and car clubs.

Thank you for your kind words.

For some reason, I did not become aware of the advertising of "car clubs". And I'm not even sure what I'm missing out on. Is there a description of the GT6 Car Club function somewhere? Tried googling quite a bit but no luck yet. :dunce:

Is this it? From the above link...

Players can create their own clubs, communicate with one another in the forums and organise race events for their members. It is possible to select from a private racing club, and a public racing club that is open to everyone. This feature will be added in a future update.

Is this it? From the above link...

Players can create their own clubs, communicate with one another in the forums and organise race events for their members. It is possible to select from a private racing club, and a public racing club that is open to everyone. This feature will be added in a future update.
That's it. We should be able to do within GT6, what we now do on GTP in organizing races and series.

Is this it?

That's it. And like everyone else, I'm hoping for a little bit more within the community update. Personally I'm hoping for a more robust leaderboard system within the clubs. Some of the best fun I've ever had in any racing game were the old car club hotlap competitions Turn 10 held back in FM2. Everybody running the same thing, working towards the same goal. Some epic battles between all the teams up and down the leaderboard. Was great stuff.

GT6 did a good job of making me want a new GT game quickly as it looked like not much thought had gone into it in making it a challenge due to probably not getting all the new systems working in the game. Hope the GT formula of GT4 will be back in next GT game, where there are many events and also challenges well thought out. Until then though waiting on GT6 updates, hopefully new sound engine can make it in on the PS3, probably will be a while before there is this number of cars in a GT game so will make GT6 a good game to go back to if they can make it sound more like the real thing. AI engine that is competitive and not rubber band style will make it even better.

Hope the delay is because they had a eureka moment and close to getting the new engines that were probably developed for PS4 in mind on to the PS3 and running properly.
Kaz changed my mind pretty quickly on GT6 too, obviously, as I'm still probably the biggest GT fan on these boards. And I'm torn on running off to buy the Assetto Corsa beta, or just going back to the racing rig for more GT6. That's how good it is for me.

Still, I do lament the shortcomings the PS3 constrains on the game, as well as the odd choices Kaz decided on for it. I keep mentioning how you can enjoy racing against the bots, but that doesn't mean I like their performance. Even though I can pile racing parts on my cars, that's a poor substitute for Race Mod, and I'll never stop wanting a Livery Editor, so I can create race cars till the end of my life. Other people mention some feature in Forza or some PC sim, and I want those debates on those other games to continue, because I want them to bother Kaz. Bother him so much that they become a part of GT7, and if a miracle happens, show up in GT6.

I know you mention car sounds, and this for me is about as dubious as a good damage build. I'm afraid that the headroom for something like that just isn't available in the Cell Engine. But Griffith500 and others have discussed this, and I mentioned a potential reserve of some kind set aside for the improved sound algorithms. It could well be, but this is the one thing I'm pessimistic about in GT6.

Now for GT7, I'm so with you. It needs to be a big game like GT4 is. And it needs to move the series forward in some way. The way it would do it for me is to provide a serious Career Mode, a GT Pro, involving a model of GT Academy and how it provides a pathway to a career in professional racing leagues. And those leagues have to be represented in GT7 in offline play, even if in a fantasy way like Formula GT. Keep this a separate mode entirely, so that the sandbox style Arcade and GT Mode are still there for the traditional GT fan and the casual gamer.

I think this is entirely doable. It shouldn't be that hard to tighten up the bot A.I. and make them not give up when you get a one second lead on them. Have them keep fighting like they do in other games. Not rubber band, but race competitively, and not spread out the field so much that the difference between first and last in a five lap race is a minute or more. Give us the tools to create online leagues and set up entire racing seasons with championships. And then provide some kind of Livery Editor so we can make our own race cars for those online leagues, and for our own enjoyment. Give us a freeform editor at least to the level of the one in Ferrari/Supercar Challenge, along with some templates for those with lesser artistic ability.

Quick edit: a lot of the above GT Pro stuff could be made possible by us, if PD provides us with three crucial elements:
  • A comprehensive Event Maker, which includes not just making very long series to the extent of a racing "season," but nested within that season, events and mini-championships, as well as selecting race cars and bots with various skill levels for those cars.
  • A full featured Race Mod, including the ability to create cars with various liveries suitable for specific PP ranges as well as specific racing leagues.
  • A comprehensive Livery Editor, with at least the graphic capacity to recreate any race car from history, up to and including some of the most outlandish liveries.
  • A bonus feature, a well endowed Course Maker, giving us the capacity to create custom race courses to flesh out the venues hosting a racing league and its associated racing season.
Now, I would still want PD to provide us with that full blown GT Pro, but if they don't, this kind of Event Maker/Race Mod/Livery Editor/Course Maker would be an acceptable substitute.

I'm not as upset as many people are at this point. I'm still trying to keep positive about the game and future content. But I am one of those people that only bought the game because of advertised features. (and lots more words)
I think this is where my enthusiasm for GT6 hasn't taken such a hit. Before it came out, I did a soft "embargo" of news on the game, so I barely knew anything about GT6 when I got it. I wanted to experience it with the same wide-eyed wonder I had those earlier GTs like Gran Turismo 3. Because of this, I found out by going into the dealerships that there were no used cars this time around, as in GT3, and many other things. I was a bit bummed that you still had to Pokemon the paint chips, but at least when you got one it was yours forever, and you didn't have to win or buy a car every time you wanted to paint one! That got old really quick.

But this is probably why so many are up in arms. They've been waiting all this time for those goodies they read about, and are STILL waiting with no idea now if they will even see them until GT7 ships. Yeah, that has to smart a little.

I suppose a major part of my continued upbeatness is that I've become quite the optimist over the years. With Gran Turismo, I just can't get away from a win-win feeling. If Kaz sets PD full bore on making GT7, minus a portion of the team for GT6 work, I get my next gen GT I wanted sooner. If the team continues to work hard getting GT6 features working, then my good game becomes even better, and everyone's happy. I know not everyone can see it that way, but oh well, I am a bit of an odd human. ;)

Last edited:
"With powered-up online competition, brand-new community functions" says a lot more detail to you than I read into it. But I'm new to GT.

Well, there are currently no community functions at all, so "brand new community functions" would indicate something more than nothing. Unless, what they meant to say was, "removed community functions that you had in GT5" because GT5 had some functions, albeit sparse.

I have been on most of the night running long races and I really hope the pit bug's are addressed they were the only blight In a really fun night, that would be a great fix, I'm sceptical of a sound update which I would love to happen, but to address a problem that did not exist in GT5 has to be high priority. All in all I do love this game and I don't begrudge the £50 if the update is extensive and most importantly sensible I will continue to be a very happy customer.

The problem is pleasing everyone, this will not happen for instance I personally couldn't care less about SP, for me it's all about online, I for instance only run One make races as I believe the PP system is flawed, this way races are so much closer.

My update preference priorities are as follows:

Pit Bug fix.
Sound Update
Add more Cars to the One make roster or fix the PP system to make different drivetrain cars competitive at same PP.
Allow Host to kick in game. (controversial as people will abuse)
A system that records Point's Victories and an option to select championship or friendly race.

This list would really not be for everyone, and if they only did these fixes I'd be delighted but thousands wouldn't. it's a difficult situation to be in and you cant please all the people all the time so the update must be sensible. It really has to include at least one major Fix (example sound, livery editor or better moon physics(joke)) as these are common complaints. fingers crossed but I'd happily wait another 6 months for an update if sound updates were guaranteed.

I'm willing to keep the faith and rather than get mad that we haven't heard anything, I'm excited for the surprise they may have in store for us. Think about it like this, when your a kid and you don't know what your getting at Christmas even though you moaned and droned and wined to your thoughtful parents (whose initial could both be PD) it was actually much better and they were in fact right.

So who's with me in the thinking that PD will surprise us with something special.

I don't know if I'm with me but I'm hoping I am... If I know what I mean???

I'm with you. It most cerainly is the Curiosity mission on Mars.

That's it. And like everyone else, I'm hoping for a little bit more within the community update. Personally I'm hoping for a more robust leaderboard system within the clubs. Some of the best fun I've ever had in any racing game were the old car club hotlap competitions Turn 10 held back in FM2. Everybody running the same thing, working towards the same goal. Some epic battles between all the teams up and down the leaderboard. Was great stuff.

Sounds good. But it is defined as being a future update. And it's kind of devoid of actual functional description. For me, not enough to become THE compelling buying proposition.

The Japanese are among if not the hardest workers in the world.

I know what you mean. We have a guy at work, puts in 12 hour days, 6 day weeks, he is always on the go, pumping as hard as he can. No one can question his work ethic. Problem is, there is another guy who does the same job in half the time, stopping for smoke and coffee seemingly every 10 minutes.

My point? Work smart, not hard.

You're going to base the judgment of an entire country and their people on your experience with one guy? ;) Nice anecdote, but nothing I would draw any conclusions from.

I think you're going to be surprised how wrong you are. Sure, it won't last all that long, no one in today's age is satisfied with very much. But that's more a commentary on how sad human nature is than anything.

You realise that skepticism towards PD is based on precedent, right? People here didn't suddenly wake up and decide to be pessimistic towards a company that continually delivers promised content on time.

You're going to base the judgment of an entire country and their people on your experience with one guy? ;) Nice anecdote, but nothing I would draw any conclusions from.

The point that machschnel was making has nothing to do with Japanese people, he was merely stating that someone working hard doesn't mean much if you have nothing to show for it. And PD have nothing to show right now.

Last edited:
swedish people communicate ;), look how they adress bf4 and what they say. So nice to see how it should be even if they did wrong programming. So japanese* people should learn( *or actually japanese men that are higher ranked and a bit older?) I actually belive it is a cultural thing, look how Fukushima was handled, and i know how they feel living there not trusting the information. But it doesnt mean they cant change.

You mean like talking to a clerk at a local gaming store and find out he hasn't heard of GT6 and then conclude that there was very little awareness of the game worldwide? Anecdotal like that?:sly:

Since I have come to see that you skim my first couple of sentences rather than read the posts, I'm assuming you missed this:
It's hardly reworking history when the entire planet was waiting to pounce on GT4 and 5 when they were released, but for GT6, it's surprisingly not that hard to find people who had no clue that GT6 is out. It's not grasping at straws, it's a very real and puzzling thing that a flagship game release is still news to some gamers. I'm just pondering the few possible reasons how it could be, and there are pretty darn few.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean. We have a guy at work, puts in 12 hour days, 6 day weeks, he is always on the go, pumping as hard as he can. No one can question his work ethic. Problem is, there is another guy who does the same job in half the time, stopping for smoke and coffee seemingly every 10 minutes.

My point? Work smart, not hard.
The japanese and east asians in general are not stupid at all, must say this as a westerner.

Last edited:
When it comes to PD doing something (or anything for that matter), it always involves getting disappointed and fustrated in the end, to the point you just can't take it anymore. The only awesome thing they do, is make you go try out other games, which imo, is awesome. :sly:

Back