PD needs to include this VAN in a DLC ( top gear )

  • Thread starter Thread starter tinram
  • 47 comments
  • 5,699 views
Wow, that episode is already on youtube!
I want a van so I can do it around the Nurburgring, like Sabine did.

Maybe a new Special Event!
Sabine Schmitz Driving Challenge!

Also, it's "DLC" not "DLS" :)
I also want the Renault Espace F1 :D :D :D
 
Yep, DLC, i was too quick for my own good. Fixed.
 
I actually wet myself when the transit smoked the aussies
 
I actually wet myself when the transit smoked the aussies

Are you elderly or infirm or very, very young?

If the answer is no, I suggest a trip to the doctors or incontenance pants 'R' us.
 
For those of you who seems to think TG invented this, it's been driving for years at the Goodwood Festival of Speed at the hands of Justin Law.
 
Are you elderly or infirm or very, very young?

If the answer is no, I suggest a trip to the doctors or incontenance pants 'R' us.

really? :odd:

no one likes a smart arse, especially one on the internet who thinks he's superior to everyone else.
 
Great, if this turns up as DLC then all the rough/bad drivers online will actually be able to drive a white van, instead of just acting like they are doing so.
 
will4noobs
really? :odd:

no one likes a smart arse, especially one on the internet who thinks he's superior to everyone else.

Sorry Will it'll never happen again.
 
I just thought about something.
Weren't TG supposed to use British cars?
 
will4noobs
such arrogance

"Saloon bar piano suddenly stops playing".

I did apologise to you, it was meant as a joke.

My apologies aren't good enough for you then there's not much else I can offer.

Sorry. ( second time ).
 
For those of you who seems to think TG invented this, it's been driving for years at the Goodwood Festival of Speed at the hands of Justin Law.

I can't see 1 post where anyone suggets this notion.
 
The Ford Transit van is British?
But Ford...

Transits are British
'The first Ford Transit proper was introduced in October 1965, and has been in continuous production in three basic generations to the present day. The van was produced initially at Ford's Langley facility in Berkshire, England'

Ford is american, but are multinational as some of there cars origin in Germany some England etc
Ford have different companies in different countries owned by the big one in america (well they used to)

FORD OF BRITAN was responsible for the transit, and the Ford GT40 race car :)


(correct me if i am wrong)
 
Transits are British
'The first Ford Transit proper was introduced in October 1965, and has been in continuous production in three basic generations to the present day. The van was produced initially at Ford's Langley facility in Berkshire, England'

Ford is american, but are multinational as some of there cars origin in Germany some England etc
Ford have different companies in different countries owned by the big one in america (well they used to)

FORD OF BRITAN was responsible for the transit, and the Ford GT40 race car :)


(correct me if i am wrong)

Thanks for that :)
 
For those of you who seems to think TG invented this, it's been driving for years at the Goodwood Festival of Speed at the hands of Justin Law.

And they bought it off TWR.

The story goes that TWR wanted to test the XJ220 (prototype, one assumes) in city driving conditions, but with the whole thing being top secret they couldn't exactly drive one of them into Oxford and schlepp it around. So they put a Transit body onto a chassis and pottered about in it.

Don Law - Justin's dad - looked after several of the pre-production prototypes and he happened to go to TWR just before they were liquidated looking for spare engines. Somebody pointed him to "a secondhand engine in the van" and that was exactly what they meant - the XJ220 Transit mule. TWR had planned to scrap it, so Don bought it.

The ladder, pipes and copy of the Sun were all affectations added by DLR. The wheels are a bit of a giveaway though :lol:
 
It was fairly obvious from first glimpse of the Tranny (Thats Transit, not Transmission, for our red white and blue friends) that all was not as it seemed.

And being Top Gear they always pull something out.

I thought May did excellently in the rally car, it makes you wonder why they call him Captain Slow.
 
I thought May did excellently in the rally car, it makes you wonder why they call him Captain Slow.

He must have had brilliant lessons from Jackie Stewart and Mika Hakkinen :lol:
 
I knew that wasn't going to be a stock engine transit when I watched the episode on the night.

1) The bodywork is immaculate for a transit of that age
2) The wheels aren't the standard wheels, which when considered with 1) indicates it's going to be something special. (If I'm not mistaken, I think they are actually XJ220 wheels)
 
The van is a goodwood van and was at the festival of speed I remember walking in and seeing it going by and turning to my Dad and we both looked at each other and laughed. That was the only reaction you could have as it looked cartoon ish.

Heres a video

 
It has been on Streetfire.net for a couple of months now.

Really? Do they get a lot of stuff before its shown?

I could watch the whole series in one go.
 
Back