PD visita España: Discussion about Ronda, Gemasolar, and Ascari Track!

• Thread starter CarBastard
  • 271 comments
The SLS GT3 is 1993mm wide, but the Z4 GT3 is 2010mm wide. The Audi R8 LMS is 1984mm, the Nissan GTR GT3 is 2036mm wide. Not quite 2.1m but close.
Can you be a little more specific?:sly:

And...sure enough:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/tracks/

ascari.png

Ascari / Weather: Variable / Time: Variable

I love skinny tracks, the game needs more of them.

You gonna love Mt Panorama for that if you have never driven it for real of via any game that has had the track in it and if that's the case then the Surfers Paradise race track would make the ideal second Oz location to be announced. There is no run off and not a lot of room. Right on the limit all the way around

You gonna love Mt Panorama for that if you have never driven it for real of via any game that has had the track in it and if that's the case then the Surfers Paradise race track would make the ideal second Oz location to be announced. There is no run off and not a lot of room. Right on the limit all the way around
The V8 Supercars track? The one with apexes that make the cars take off from the ground?

I need GT6 right now!!! :bowdown: Amazing news!!! 👍👍👍 I never thought that Ascari will find the way from launch in GT6!
My first step will be to earn money as fast as possible to buy Lotus Elise and test it on this amazing track in virtual! Oh man, more or less 31 days to start! This will be a hard time! :banghead::D

Nice pics @Dionisiy:cheers: The track does indeed photograph well and it's going to be a great surprise addition to the game

Is it just me or does the GT6 version look much more sterile in the angle of the bends and the drop off? Still looks great and will be a great drive, just wish those (86,000 photo's?) led to a closer implementation. Unless it's just the angle of the photo fooling me.

Is it just me or does the GT6 version look much more sterile in the angle of the bends and the drop off? Still looks great and will be a great drive, just wish those (86,000 photo's?) led to a closer implementation. Unless it's just the angle of the photo fooling me.

I'm guessing it's the angle and location of the photo. We'll have to see when we get the game whether we can recreate those real photos. I doubt PD would change elevations like that.

I think the type of lens and angle of the photo in the real picture make the elevation difference seem much larger than it actually is.

I'm with @Nish on this one. Look again at @Dionisiy 's pics. It doesn't take a forensic scientist to see- there is no way you could recreate pic1 (the real-life shot) from any position in pic2 (gt6).

Yes they are taken from very different angles, as evidenced by the first treeline compared to the backround mountains, but the amount of track missing from view in pic1 due to the extreme elevation change, is all visible in pic2 (due to lack of elevation change). Move our vantage point to match the shot from pic1, and we'd still be able to see almost all of that pavement. There is not enough "hill" there to block it..

I'm certainly confused on how this could happen after laser-scanning a track. There have been various reports that GT5's Nurburgring Nordschlieffe did not convey some of the elevation changes that truly exist there, as well. The Corkscrew at Laguna Seca seems to be pretty accurate, so it's not like PD is averse to such things..

Maybe there is a demand for some more pictures of Ascari Race Resort facility. Have I said it already, that I can`t wait for GT6 any more? :nervous::lol:

Attachments

• CIMG5009.JPG
    CIMG5009.JPG
    838.7 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG5006.JPG
    CIMG5006.JPG
    762.6 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG4984.JPG
    CIMG4984.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG4915.JPG
    CIMG4915.JPG
    399.9 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG4909.JPG
    CIMG4909.JPG
    506.4 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG4907.JPG
    CIMG4907.JPG
    791.3 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG4875.JPG
    CIMG4875.JPG
    368.5 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG4819.JPG
    CIMG4819.JPG
    454 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG4713.JPG
    CIMG4713.JPG
    448.6 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG4698.JPG
    CIMG4698.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 6
Cheers for posting, the director of the Ascari track said 250 polyphony people were working on recreating Ronda and the Ascari track for a year. Are there 250 PD employees then? :dopey:

Oh, how one part of me would love it if it turned out to be a misunderstanding and that they've only been in Ronda for recreation for a year :D

Back