PD visita España: Discussion about Ronda, Gemasolar, and Ascari Track!

• Thread starter CarBastard
  • 271 comments
8MxU9l1Nc3w0TZPlOzImq8fsxPDX5xZvd75R-5elkaYJpu6OUTcoKtV6mWfAriu6wbHKGfq5q3c

The elevation looks much better in this shot from the trailer
Cheers for posting, the director of the Ascari track said 250 polyphony people were working on recreating Ronda and the Ascari track for a year. Are there 250 PD employees then? :dopey:
If that's what they said it's wrong. 250 Man-days maybe or 250 calender days by 1 or more people maybe...

Cheers for posting, the director of the Ascari track said 250 polyphony people were working on recreating Ronda and the Ascari track for a year. Are there 250 PD employees then? :dopey:
I've been thinking that it's an unknown amount of people worldwide associated with PD, or essentially, are employees, in addition to the +150 people that work in Tokyo and Fukuoka. The figure of "140-150 employees" hasn't changed since before GT5 released even when there's been evidence of PD hiring (which shouldn't be a surprise) coupled with having been over three years since we first "knew" PD has at least 140 employees makes me think work is outsourced, but not finalized until it goes through PD (so that PD themselves aren't carrying the entire workload.)

The guy said there were 250 people who worked on capturing/taking pictures, or other such things, of Ronda for over a year to be in the game, then he mentioned the 150 programmers back at Polyphony. Obviously, he doesn't mean all of PD would be working on installing Ronda into the game since he worded it as generally as he did.

His intention was to give praise to the people who worked on getting Ronda into the game by saying, "the attention/publicity that will be provided (through the game) to the thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions of people that will be 'driving/racing' their courses around the streets of Ronda because of the game", basically is what he was saying when he stated the number of people involved which sounded something like, "the work done by the people of 'Sony Polyphony', those that have 'created' a virtual reality, the work done by 150 programmers during the course of a year, and 'overall', the work that you see on the screen and you'll see in the game has taken over a year of work by 250 people."

That is essentially what he says after the 3:40 mark in the video. There really weren't many times when he was using periods in his statements. :D

You're from Spain, you can clarify what he said, no? ;)

If that's what they said it's wrong. 250 Man-days maybe or 250 calender days by 1 or more people maybe...
Definitely not what he said or meant. Mister dog should have made it more clear though. I'm sure there are some native speakers of Spain's spanish :D and there have been some really good translations, especially recently about Ronda/Ascari in GT6, made by a couple of people on GTP. In the video, they also state the thing about December 2 and 3 being days in which more information will be made available. https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-launch-party-announced/

Last edited:
basically is what he was saying when he stated the number of people involved which sounded something like, "the work done by the people of 'Sony Polyphony', those that have 'created' a virtual reality, the work done by 150 programmers during the course of a year, and 'overall', the work that you see on the screen and you'll see in the game has taken over a year of work by 250 people."

That is essentially what he says after the 3:40 mark in the video. The really weren't many times when he was using periods in his statements. :D

You're from Spain, you can clarify what he said, no? ;)
Could well be that PD outsources stuff (do they really trust outsiders?? :eek:), but i didn't hear him say 150 tough, i recall he only mentioned the 250 PD people that worked on the project. Then again i'm a Belgian so i might have overheard some Andalucian mumbling there ;)

Could well be that PD outsources stuff (do they really trust outsiders?? :eek:), but i didn't hear him say 150 tough, i recall he only mentioned the 250 PD people that worked on the project. Then again i'm a Belgian so i might have overheard some Andalucian mumbling there ;)
Oh, ok. Well, after he mentioned the 150 people at "Sony Polyphony", he mentions that it cost 250 people over a year of work exclusively for "this game". Then, that's when it cuts to the clips of trailers of GT6.

I listened to it again and now i can confirm that in the latter part of the video he mentions 250 programmers, so programmers would be counting out potential outsourced folk there also :)

The man might be wrong tough, but it's a surprising statement.

I listened to it again and now i can confirm that in the latter part of the video he mentions 250 programmers, so programmers would be counting out potential outsourced folk there also :)

He's wrong...just another politico or bureaucrat who has no idea what he's talking about trying to look cool and important.

"Programadores" and "personas" definitely aren't the same thing. At the very last seconds, he says it took over 250 "personas" to exclusively get Ronda into the game. It could mean overall, including the people at PD. And from his statements, it seems definite that PD had people other than those that work in Tokyo and Fukuoka help them; so a form of outsourcing.?...

He's wrong...just another politico or bureaucrat who has no idea what he's talking about trying to look cool and important.
He's not trying to look more important than he is. Come on. With the attitude, goodness grief.
:lol:

I like this one. This guy is haulin' the mail

Exceptional:cheers:. I confess this is the track I'm most looking forward to, moreso than even Bathurst. I love that it's not crowded with bleachers and buildings and guardrails and all kinds of view blocks. It's fast and flowing and should make for great racing.

Exceptional:cheers:. I confess this is the track I'm most looking forward to, moreso than even Bathurst. I love that it's not crowded with bleachers and buildings and guardrails and all kinds of view blocks. It's fast and flowing and should make for great racing.
Agreed Johnny, this is a track (edit: I meant to say tracks like this, I've never driven here, but this type of fast, flowing, wide to narrow corners) that I always tell students "it's an artform to drive." Meaning that broad fast corners with wide entries mean lots of different varying techniques, where creativity pays off in terms of dropping lap times. I think Bathurst will be fun but I'm really excited for Ascari.

Last edited:

I must say, the graphic quality of the game is absolutely breathtaking. I actually believed that the first picture of the second shot was a real life image...epic work there by PD.

Now, if only they managed to couple those amazing graphics to a properly thought-of game...I don't know like fixing simple stuff like the duplicates and the offline grids...sheesh. There's a saying here that says "Mata al tigre pero se asusta con el cuero" or, translated, "He kills the tiger but gets scared by the tiger's hide" and I think it just fits PD as a whole. They manage to nail the hardest things perfectly, great visuals, good physics and then, they just make a stupid mess of the simplest, most basic stuff... :rolleyes:.

So what's it now with the streets of Ronda? PD has been seriously quiet about it the past weeks... Is it still planned to be a coursemaker location?
Having the opening event there just for the looks and for the reason being a photomode location seems slightly contradictory to me personally if that was the case.

Last edited:
Lighting and camera look is so close...

clouds are definitely dynamic - I've seen some pics with clear skies and different cloud patterns

gran-turismo-6-2013122192132_5.jpg

gran-turismo-6-2013122192132_2.jpg

those pics are awesome.. at a quick glance they look very real

From what I have seen of GT6 .. the lighting / rendering engine is stunning & a big step up from GT5 .. I am really looking forward to playing it at dusk and seeing the lighting. Hurry up Friday.

Wow those screenshots look great, there's still a lot of moaning about graphics in games today still but it's amazing how far racing games have come, should be grateful for what we have really!!

Really looking forward to all the new tracks in GT6, some real good additions to the track list!

I`m in heaven right now. Amazing work from PD!!! THX a lot for this brilliant new game! 👍👍👍:bowdown:
For me Christmas is earlier this year! ;-)

First touch for my personal history!

I`m in heaven right now. Amazing work from PD!!! THX a lot for this brilliant new game! 👍👍👍:bowdown:
For me Christmas is earlier this year! ;-)

First touch for my personal history!

Can you tell me if the wing comes up when over 100 km/h. My parents own the RCZ and i'm interested to know if it does.

I haven`t tested it yet, because I bought a tuning (permanent) wing immediatly, which looks similar to the original wing, after buying the RCZ.
But that`s a good question, I`ll test it later!

I`ve already found a bug with the RCZ, nothing is shown in the Desk-Displays.

I haven`t tested it yet, because I bought a tuning (permanent) wing immediatly, which looks similar to the original wing, after buying the RCZ.
But that`s a good question, I`ll test it later!

I`ve already found a bug with the RCZ, nothing is shown in the Desk-Displays.

Thanks heaps, looks great in terms of interior although textures look a little off. Possibly a semi-premium?

Latest Posts

Back