PD's Seasonal Track Reviews: 8: 700PP Eifel

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 38 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
Hi. So you might had driven the custom track made by PD for the latest Seasonal events. Tell us what do you think about it. Is it good, too bumpy, or else? Also i really wanted to see you all replicate the track as close as possible since you cant download PD tracks.

Depending on how PD will plan the seasonals, each track will be open to review and replicate in either 2 weeks or a month.

Sorry for photo with a potato cam.

Index:
1: Eifel 600PP Racing Cars
2. Eifel Flat 550PP Normal Cars Time Trial
3. Eifel 400PP Normal Cars

Lets begin!

1: Eifel 600PP Racing Cars

JajjaCustom Image.jpg

I think the track itself is pretty good. It challenges all types of cornering, hard to easy. The AI struggling on some of the track, though.

My complaints about the track is its too bumpy on some corners and sometimes the elevation is really unforgiving.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it. Could have had a bit more trackside furniture and landmarks to help out, but Once you put a few laps in the track flows well enough. I ran an Alpine VGT which was pretty unstable (Maybe forced SRF?)

Track has some really tough long linked hairpins at about the three quarter point - a site for many an AI wreck, and a feature are long sweepers which rise, crest, then fall away on the exit. This makes the corner exit extra tough to accelerate out of as you can find the car is stepping out on you just when you want things to be rock solid... but it is a nice challenge you can only improve at.

Pit lane exit is a bit nasty... spitting slow cars right into the racing groove.

I loved that track! It works great with GT500 cars.

After you learn it, it feels really good. The way you have to control throttle in the many high-speed corner exits feels great. You just have to be careful with those three elevation tricks, which are not jumps but can unbalance the car if you give the car gas.

Also, it has more straights, overtake points and average speed than what it looks at first glance.

AI could be better on it, though. There is a place where they sometimes mess up and they can ram you while at it.

A good track, would have been nice to have placed timing structures at the splits. I liked the flow.
It would be nice if PD made it a DLC track or made it available via a PSN/GT6 link.

EDIT: Problem on my side, i hit the 30 track limit so i received the "User not found" error. :)

Last edited:
EDIT: Problem on my side, i hit the 30 track limit so i received the "User not found" error. :)
Time for a new PSN ID to store tracks for you. It is how I am beating their limit! I leave a slot or 2 open on my primary player so there is room to grab that extra track when I want it to open a lobby etc. A scratch ID can be qualified for online access in short order by just doing the minimum races/licenses to unlock. Using a gmail for your email then you can use their "+" alias feature to show Sony multiple email addys for all your ID's and all mail comes to the same account.
Example:
  1. Original gmail addy = gt6_vip@gmail.com for PSN ID GT6_VIP_10-72
  2. New gmail addy = gt6_vip+tracks@gmail.com for PSN ID GT6_VIP-Tr
I use the same (very secure) PW across all my PSN accounts to keep it simple for LastPass organization purposes.

Last edited:
First Track Closed.

2. 550PP Normal Cars Time Trial
JsnssCustom Image.jpg

It certaintly looks great and good for racing. Albeit its somewhat a bit of a standard fare. Mostly due to the flat surface.

UPDATE: Its actually a Eifel Flat Sample Track! WHAT?

Last edited:
First Track Closed.

2. 550PP Normal Cars Time Trial
View attachment 474829
It certaintly looks great and good for racing. Albeit its somewhat a bit of a standard fare. Mostly due to the flat surface.
On the CS tires, you really gotta run AWDs with it. The track is mostly low-speed but those corners can trip you up.

I think PD just copy pasted the Eifel Flat sample track for this week's seasonal. Second week and they are getting lazy/running out of creativity already? Geez.

I think PD just copy pasted the Eifel Flat sample track for this week's seasonal. Second week and they are getting lazy/running out of creativity already? Geez.
Wait the minute. Now you mentioned it, i checked and confirmed, they do use a damn sample track!

Damn it PD! Shame. Well keep the reviews going anyways.

I wish the previous seasonal was a sample track. This 550pp track is good fun. If you can learn it's nuances, you can go super fast.

Second track closed

3. Eifel 400PP Normal Cars
JdjjrCustom Image.jpg

Overall really enjoyable track :) The elevation and corners is really good. And best of all, it reminds me of Cadwell Park circuit.
circuit-cadwell-map.png

Last edited:
I wasn't feeling any Lincolnshire vibe myself here, but I did taste a bit of Jerez in sector two. The Hairpin right into the Long Left Sweeper. (Back in '97 this hairpin (Dry Sac) was where Jacques Villeneuve overtook Michael Schumacher who tried to ram the Canadian off the track - but failed and was stripped of all his points for the season for doing the same thing he did back in 94, which was the same trick Senna pulled on Prost in 1990.)

Fairly minimalist in track furniture but that Jerez fast left sweeper has a fast chicane but the outside of the track has a red and white tyre wall as well as the chevrons to help you navigate this tricksy chicane like a pro after a few touring laps. Not too fond of the way that the track pinches into turn 1 and turn 1 itself is a bit vague.

Lol no Custom track for this bi-weekly. Sorry @Razerman

Apparently they knew it's my birthday and thought I wouldn't have enough time to re-create it? :D

Or maybe the last patch (1.22) was so time consuming to make that they just didn't have enough time to create a new track (sarcasm)? Well, like Kaz likes to say, hope the "next track comes soon".

1 year later -> nothing...

Last edited:
Third track closed.

4. Death Valley 620PP American Cars
KsjamaCustom Image.jpg
Fast track. Captures the great era of Can Am. Really tricky especiallymwith that small bumpy chicane.

Also, finally a track besides Eifel.

Death Valley always makes for a great track without the ridiculous blind crests of Eifel. Hopefully the next seasonal will use Andalucia (point to point anyone?) so then we would have used all 4 themes.

Also, the looooong left hander just before the start/finish straight has 5 apexes. Reminds me of Istanbul Park's infamous turn 8 (which only has 4 apexes). I hope this is a hint that PD is modelling that track ;)

Fourth track closed.

Now two tracks!

5. Sierra 600PP European Racing Cars
ReeCustom Image.jpg
The track is fast paced. Has some issues mainly the off rhythm chicane and ridiculous bumps. But interesting overall.

Also first time ever to be held in Sierra.

6. Death Valley Drift Track 1
GrfgCustom Image.jpg
Great drifting track. Felt like a D1 star driving there :P

Has anyone found a way that they have managed to take their track data and posted them? Coz I really want their actual tracks, no replicas, I'm sure some clever dude has done it.

Back