Peculiar advert

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 5 comments
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Chameleon9000
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but on the news page, it looks like this.
upload_2016-8-16_14-44-22.png

Probably not working as intended... :lol:

That is what it's supposed to look like (it doesn't look so ridiculous when the rest of the banners are displayed), but it's not supposed to be visible to you in Australia, so I've fixed that. Are you running some kind of ad or script blocker? Why are the Facebook and Twitter iframes broken in your screenshot?

That is what it's supposed to look like (it doesn't look so ridiculous when the rest of the banners are displayed), but it's not supposed to be visible to you in Australia, so I've fixed that. Are you running some kind of ad or script blocker? Why are the Facebook and Twitter iframes broken in your screenshot?
The other glitches on the page, now that I think about it, are likely because of the proxy at the location I was using GTP. I supposed it looked particularly weird for me because of the text-boxes and such being strangely cut at the top, as well as the fact that part of the advert was cut off on the side, and as if I scrolled down, the black of the advert suddenly cut back to the grey of the website background. Perhaps it was just the proxy?

Yeah, that's what those boxes would look like if they were being blocked by a proxy, so that explains it.

No need to apologize - it was still broken in Australia; thanks for bringing that to my attention. 👍

Back