Pedals upside down? Poll

  • Thread starter Thread starter nicka117
  • 6 comments
  • 2,329 views
Why is the reverse mount/inverted preferable?
 
ara
Why is the reverse mount/inverted preferable?

Well it's how a real car is positioned, plus think about the mechanics, you're sitting down and w/ your average "standard" lay out your pressing DOWN instead of FORWARD like you do w/ reverse positioning which feels better ergonomically and mechanically, I imagine to other people as well.
 
.Hz
Well it's how a real car is positioned, plus think about the mechanics, you're sitting down and w/ your average "standard" lay out your pressing DOWN instead of FORWARD like you do w/ reverse positioning which feels better ergonomically and mechanically, I imagine to other people as well.

I don't understand what you mean by "it's how a real car is positioned." Some "real" cars use one position, some the other.

Based on your description I could possibly see a reason to do it if your seating position is closer to formula-style versus upright. Is that it or are there other factors to consider?

If I'm sitting in an upright position, the "upside-down" configuration just seems like bad news to me all around, and I have heard reports that the "upside-down" configuration at least with the T500 pedals results in a less linear pedal feel.
 
I had to turn my G27 pedals over beacuse that is how my real car has them. I know other cars have them pivoting at the bottom. ie Porsche Carrera GT. This car has the pedals at an almost vertical position compared to the G27.
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/PorscheCarreraGT/Images/Pedals.jpg
I couldn't imagin driving a car with them like that though. But I'm sure it would feel fine.
 
For me its all about what you want to achieve from your rig.
If you want as close to a feel as you can get to a every day road car or your own car then many like to go for the inverted.

But I used to have a real track car a little while ago nothing flash just a little fiesta, but I found after I got to grips with my local track that the inverted pedals were a real draw back.
If I could have afforded to switch to good set of floor mounted pedals I would have handed over my credit card details there and then.

I have also tried both mounting's on my rig and I found that again floor mounted pedals were better, there more comfortable and give you more precision on the pedal.
I will add that I mount my pedals out of the box so I can space them out how I like.
 
Back