PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

Wreckfest ps5 version is on the house for ps+ this month, don't forget to add it to your library!
I tried the new version. Looks good but I'm not sure it used my save file from the ps4 version. So I am going to have to restart the career mode.

The new system still can't figure out that this is bad. At least, I didn't get a penalty for being hit, so there's that.

Then there's also the fact that I got a 2 sec penalty the very next race for tapping someone from behind much softer than this full blown running punt that got nothing.

Last edited:
This is why the penalty system sucks...
1st place with a 2 second penalty for pushing a car into the sand with a 6 second gain on the car that would've been 1st. When I make a mistake I pull over and let them regain their place regardless of the penalty I got. The only exception is when they deserved to be punted.
Screenshot at 2021-05-12 06-24-53.png

Screenshot from a video on the Daily Races thread.

1st place with a 2 second penalty for pushing a car into the sand with a 6 second gain on the car that would've been 1st. When I make a mistake I pull over and let them regain their place regardless of the penalty I got. The only exception is when they deserved to be punted.
View attachment 1010472

I saw the video that you cut that from & I gotta agree. I've had the lead many times when someone uses the "punt to pass" feature with little or no punishment. That video was a clear cut example & the small penalty for the large gap to second place was sad.

View attachment 1010472

Ever since they changed the penalties from how they were at release where contact was not allowed the game has spiraled downward with dirtier play emerging with each change being worse than the one before.

It’s not racing and hasn’t been for a long time.
It’s arcade bashing just as you showed in your video.
Many times you can ram cars right off and get sr up for the sector.
As a bonus, now in this latest revision poor quality connections are now immune from penalties, BUT if you have green bars you can get penalties easily by hitting them!

You can’t make this stuff up. I hereby quit FIA for good. I will join daily races, on alternate accounts, doing whatever feels fun at the moment.

I’ve had it with this system. It’s ruined the initial idea of sport mode...The sportsmanship...

“Motorsport is a non contact sport”

RIP

Edit imagine what would happen if PD implemented a rule like that-you contact a car while overtaking you must give back the spot-
All that would happen is the players would figure it out and hit anyone that tries to pass.
THAT is why it must be shared fault for any noteworthy contact!
Until they do that I think I’m just staying out of sport mode. I can’t take it anymore

Last edited:
Ever since they changed the penalties from how they were at release where contact was not allowed the game has spiraled downward with dirtier play emerging with each change being worse than the one before.

It’s not racing and hasn’t been for a long time.
It’s arcade bashing just as you showed in your video.
Many times you can ram cars right off and get sr up for the sector.
As a bonus, now in this latest revision poor quality connections are now immune from penalties, BUT if you have green bars you can get penalties easily by hitting them!

You can’t make this stuff up. I hereby quit FIA for good. I will join daily races, on alternate accounts, doing whatever feels fun at the moment.

I’ve had it with this system. It’s ruined the initial idea of sport mode...The sportsmanship...

“Motorsport is a non contact sport”

RIP
I wasn't picking on just that one driver in the snapshot, it happens quite a lot... What bugs me are the penalties that don't match the crime and the penalties going to the wrong driver.
This door banger gave me a penalty just as I crossed the finish line in front of him... The BS penalty put me back to 3rd.
Door_Banging.gif

I wasn't picking on just that one driver in the snapshot, it happens quite a lot... What bugs me are the penalties that don't match the crime and the penalties going to the wrong driver.
This door banger gave me a penalty just as I crossed the finish line in front of him... The BS penalty put me back to 3rd.View attachment 1010826

In instances such as that, when he starts it, you finish it. Make him eat the pit wall & finish farther back than your penalty time.

Keep-What-You-Kill.gif

Something still hasn't been done about cars on the course ahead of you who've lost control and haven't ghosted yet. If you make the slightest bit of contact with them, you're handed an SR Down and penalty, even if you have nowhere to go and are subjected to pressure from trying to slow down and avoid the accident with a whole pack of cars behind you with tunnel vision/no awareness of what's ahead. The game seems to be random when it finally decides to ghost a player who's lost control.

K
sometimes i really hate being an A+ driver because i know i'll always get the penalties if there is some kind of contact with a driver below A+ , always

I made the mistake of entering about five B races just now...
I was rammed and punted pit maneuvered, I guess it’s a Friday thing for the kiddies of top split from South America.
The system just isn’t strict enough.
These gamers need to be constrained by strict penalties or they make a mockery of Motorsport, every time.
It didn’t help that I was running around 48k on my alt.
A lot of the really dirty ones are lower-the system teaches them to hit others.
Ps4 OFF-back to PC

Last edited:
It's not just South America, I gave the ring a try tonight, nope.

PD is at fault too, makes it too easy for trolls to ruin this race. No stop, fuel saving is the way to go. A lot of people that stop go flat out and push everyone out of the way to get through. Zero skill, force a way through. Tonight the cash kiddies were there as well. One tried to brake check (I swerved) then push me into the wall. I push back harder, he ended up in the other wall. He quits as he was going flat out, didn't pit and was now losing the field, and the game gives me 2 sec penalty.

Maybe Sunday nights are still clean? Saturdays have always been problematic, with this system? :nervous:

Maybe Sunday nights are still clean? Saturdays have always been problematic, with this system? :nervous:

Well, Monday evenings have been the best you can get, lately.
A lot of the top players enter dailies, and what you have is a case where people q time matches their pace fairly well.
So top players who like the combo.
As the week progresses you get more and more players who have q times far below their racepace.
For example on B race last night guys have say a 1.36.5 q time but in race are running 39?
It creates huge problems. But, not only that.
The players themselves just drive dirty-these are A ranked players, but without penalties or damage really for contact it becomes standard driving to rear end shove sideswipe divebomb etc.
It becomes completely arcade.
On Monday, it’s not the game that upholds the standards, it’s just you have top players that tend to honor Motorsport more.
Plus, I swear I think that there’s a lot of players that are somehow having their q times run by others or something, there’s simply NOWAY I can imagine these players achieving times they do and just being completely dirty and incompetent in race the way they are.
If you play ACC on pc and touch another car the system doesn’t penalize you but both cars safety rating is affected.
This is as it should be.
RE the Nurburgring, I entered only twice this week, that was plenty for me.
I just loved the cars weaving back and forth, getting brakechecked sideswiped punted and divebombed anytime I drove near another player.
Of course that was at A SR, so not 99 S.
I’ve no interest in running any longer races anymore in GTS until they return penalties but they might not ever.
They might just leave it like it is now, bad as it is.
What it is, is great for the top .5 percent and horrible for the rest.
Most times there’s not penalties issued for literally shoving cars totally off track.
There’s no damage, just nothing to stop arcade dirty driving, in fact it’s rewarded by DR gains.
I used to take this game and play with integrity and put in effort but not anymore.
Now it’s just enter on an alt account join the bash fest sprints for a few races until it gets annoying then turn it off.
It’s really making a mockery of Motorsport unless as I say you are in that top.5 percent.
EVEN then, that’s no guarantee the races won’t turn dirty, it’s just the best chance at clean. I’d say about 60-70 percent of the top people have respect for themselves and Motorsport and drive clean.
Below that racing is a crapshoot.
You might get near some cool drivers but the vast majority is wreckfest.
It’s sad that a game that had such high ideals and potential has just gone to lowest common denominator.
It’s a good looking game, but in game it’s very much arcade Mariokart play right now in dailies.
Sad

Maybe in Europe there are more better honorable players but here on NA the driving sucks for the most part

Edit I could make video showing TONS of dirty really bad dirty ramming that goes on and the player is unpenalized.

Pathetic

Last edited:
As the week progresses you get more and more players who have q times far below their racepace.
For example on B race last night guys have say a 1.36.5 q time but in race are running 39?
It creates huge problems.

I don't even know how people can put in a Q lap that far below their race pace. I mean, I'm mid-B and it took me some work to get my Race B Q time down to 38.5 - but with that my race times are around 38.8-9. Maybe it's like Kireth talked about in one of his streams, people just improving their time by brute force. No technique, no style, just button mashing in laps until a Q time magically appears.

It’s really making a mockery of Motorsport unless as I say you are in that top.5 percent.

The more and more I play GTS, the more and more I think that's all they really care about - the top .5% because that's what garners the attention to the wider gaming and sporting community. It seems like they only look at top split to see what affect the latest changes have made to the game. Thing is, it's a completely different game up there.

don't even know how people can put in a Q lap that far below their race pace. I mean, I'm mid-B and it took me some work to get my Race B Q time down to 38.5 - but with that my race times are around 38.8-9. Maybe it's like Kireth talked about in one of his streams, people just improving their time by brute force. No technique, no style, just button mashing in laps until a Q time magically appears

It’s because in race they battle like idiots instead of at least waiting past the first couple corners.
But yeah maybe slight exaggeration but not much.
I’m convinced several of the players yesterday were either tcs off brute force just crash reset crash reset crash reset oh whoopee made it OR they had a friends set the time because they couldn’t hardly complete a lap without huge mistakes or hitting others braking late in slipstream! A players!
Lol NOWAY that should be happening.

As long as I've been playing this game, this has never been a penalty:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210525101432.jpg

More than anything, this is what frustrates me the most about online play. A rule with some set vectors should be able to code for this kind of lunge that results in contact but PD has never seemed to be all that interested in it.

Full video of the incident:

As long as I've been playing this game, this has never been a penalty:

View attachment 1013137

More than anything, this is what frustrates me the most about online play. A rule with some set vectors should be able to code for this kind of lunge that results in contact but PD has never seemed to be all that interested in it.

Full video of the incident:

please tell me you at least got back at him at the final corner

Back