PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

I mean I shouldn’t have been so aggressive…
Thing is I was worried about getting hit if I slowed for traffic…
Then guys saw what I did since we were all in a line so my death was pretty much assured.
Thing is multiple guys in that top split race deserved an sr reset
I was in another starting 11th lap 1 and the a pluses up front battled a little at the Cutting and there was huge carnage as 10-12 cars had varying degrees of contact/crash.
I’ve been in many races at Bathurst but that pileup took the taco.

Last edited:
This gets interesting at the end. I was tailing the stang and the ferrari for a lot of laps, could not quite hang with them but I knew they would tangle. I could then see that the Ferrari driver was the dirtier one, not overtly but too optimistic and aggressive. So when it all came together on that final lap, i knew he would be the one to hit someone.

I did try and race the aston fair but just missed my apex on lap 7 dammit.

Look at that REX pull out of corners..... then look at it get gobbled up regardless.

Last edited:
I remember that race. Told myself I'd try the Atenza since I saw guys having great results with it. Found myself in a much better lobby than expected, got a bit nervous, missed some apexes and ended up 18th at the end.

I had the clean race bonus and my door number was 19 so, I'll take that I guess:lol:

I just did the gr4 race and it was basically destruction derby. My SR rating is only A. Still though....PD do need to try something for GT7. This is beyond a joke at times. You only need a couple of idiots divebombing into corners to ruin the race for everyone else.

I just did the gr4 race and it was basically destruction derby. My SR rating is only A. Still though....PD do need to try something for GT7. This is beyond a joke at times. You only need a couple of idiots divebombing into corners to ruin the race for everyone else.
Ghosting will fix divebombing and any illegal contacts between cars, but a lot on here do not like the idea of ghosting. So if there is no ghosting, divebombing into corners is going to continue into GT7.

I don't like the idea of ghosting in a racing game, but how are you going to stamp out divebombing in a game without ghosting cars ?.

Ghosting will fix divebombing and any illegal contacts between cars, but a lot on here do not like the idea of ghosting. So if there is no ghosting, divebombing into corners is going to continue into GT7.

I don't like the idea of ghosting in a racing game, but how are you going to stamp out divebombing in a game without ghosting cars ?.
If you ghost cars, all cars at the risk of collision, you get a grid full of people running Q-laps in race, everyone will do the fastest line and there would be several cars inside each other in every corner.
But there would be no racing.
If you ghosted the car that was on a trajectory that would use another car as barrier to avoid running off, yes, that could work.

If you ghost cars, all cars at the risk of collision, you get a grid full of people running Q-laps in race, everyone will do the fastest line and there would be several cars inside each other in every corner.
But there would be no racing.
If you ghosted the car that was on a trajectory that would use another car as barrier to avoid running off, yes, that could work.
There is no other way to stop divebombing, unless you bring in some sort of ghosting on the cars that come in contact.

Can anyone come up with a better idea on how to avoid divebombing other than having ghosting in a daily races if PD put some sort of ghosting in GT7.

There is no other way to stop divebombing, unless you bring in some sort of ghosting on the cars that come in contact.

Can anyone come up with a better idea on how to avoid divebombing other than having ghosting in a daily races if PD put some sort of ghosting in GT7.
I guess the trick is to ghost the cars that are just divebombing, but still maintain bumps/collisions that should be part of the sport. I can appreciate that’s not necessarily easy. But maybe it can be attached to the SR system? Maybe ghosting occurs for cars SR B and under? Just a thought. That or proper damage might work.

The minute I saw the first corner was a hairpin after a long straight, I know it was inevitable that there would be carnage. Every time I do that race I drop multiple places on the first corner due to the loonies and then basically spend the rest of the race chasing them down.

I guess the trick is to ghost the cars that are just divebombing, but still maintain bumps/collisions that should be part of the sport. I can appreciate that’s not necessarily easy. But maybe it can be attached to the SR system? Maybe ghosting occurs for cars SR B and under? Just a thought. That or proper damage might work.

The minute I saw the first corner was a hairpin after a long straight, I know it was inevitable that there would be carnage. Every time I do that race I drop multiple places on the first corner due to the loonies and then basically spend the rest of the race chasing them down.
Bumps/collisions are apart of the game but divebombing is not, and I don't think PD can do anything about it my friend.

Last edited:
Bumps/collisions are apart of the game but divebombing is not, and I don't think PD can do anything about it my friend.
If we have to live with the banzai kamikaze warriors then so be it. It won’t stop me playing the game. Probably the key is just to make sure your own SR rating is as high as it can be. The minute you even drop to A it’s notably more bumpy....

If we have to live with the banzai kamikaze warriors then so be it. It won’t stop me playing the game. Probably the key is just to make sure your own SR rating is as high as it can be. The minute you even drop to A it’s notably more bumpy....
I guess players have to live with it mate, and I have not entered in any daily races since 2018 when I was divebomb for no reason.

The absolute most fulfilling thing in game (for me) and better than a win is when I trick the dive-bombers.
When you see the dive coming and you delay your turn-in and get to watch them fly right pass you into the sand or wall
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

The absolute most fulfilling thing in game (for me) and better than a win is when I trick the dive-bombers.
When you see the dive coming and you delay your turn-in and get to watch them fly right pass you into the sand or wall
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
Yeah I’ve actually become fairly competent at that. I need the radar on all the time though. Tbh, I just expect it at the first corner now so have found I’m always delaying the turn in. Probably a bad habit to be picking up though.

Yeah I’ve actually become fairly competent at that. I need the radar on all the time though. Tbh, I just expect it at the first corner now so have found I’m always delaying the turn in. Probably a bad habit to be picking up though.
I look back and have radar on, so if they are more than a second behind I just turn in.

Yup, damage. Lose your front aero after a dive bomb into another car and they'll learn quickly there must be a better way. Losing aero lasts all race, not just one penalty zone. And the ill effects of dirty driving would be additive.

Yup, damage. Lose your front aero after a dive bomb into another car and they'll learn quickly there must be a better way. Losing aero lasts all race, not just one penalty zone. And the ill effects of dirty driving would be additive.
In theory that sounds great. But it assumes that the dive-bombers are all doing it to win.
I was in an SF race among friends and a slight tap from the rear made the following car have wing damage but the front car had engine damage.
I can also vividly imagine someone going on a rampage and damaging as many cars as possible before rage quitting.

The problem with the penalty system is IMHO that since there's no real consequences it relies on honour.
The Sportsmanship videos confirm this unless people actually wants to race proper it's almost impossible to code it in.
Shared damage is the only solution I believe.

In theory that sounds great. But it assumes that the dive-bombers are all doing it to win.
I was in an SF race among friends and a slight tap from the rear made the following car have wing damage but the front car had engine damage.
I can also vividly imagine someone going on a rampage and damaging as many cars as possible before rage quitting.

The problem with the penalty system is IMHO that since there's no real consequences it relies on honour.
The Sportsmanship videos confirm this unless people actually wants to race proper it's almost impossible to code it in.
Shared damage is the only solution I believe.
What happens when a player is reported? Is anything actually done about it? The premise of the SR system is sound. It’s just not implemented very well. In this era of machine learning and AI, you’d think we must be converging on the ability for an algorithm to determine the difference between an accidental bump and a pattern of disruptive behaviour. Maybe I’m naive and we’re not their yet. They’ve given some allowance for collisions (ie mistakes) while allowing you to retain a high SR rating. But somehow someone can be A rated and spend half the race trying to push other drivers off the road. Surely there has to be a better implementation of the current system, as opposed to having to rip it up and start again?

What happens when a player is reported? Is anything actually done about it?
That depends on what they're reported for.

Sweary, abusive comments in chat (or on their car livery), yes, definitely. Being an assbundle on the track, pretty close to never - or at least actually never as far as I'm aware.

You have to race in SR.E to see that ghosting dive bombers and side swipers works. It's hard to get to SR.E but there dive bombers 90% of the time ghost through you as well as deliberate side swipes. It's frustrating that the solution is already in the game, yet PD doesn't want this type of preventive ghosting at higher SR levels.

And nope, it doesn't become a hot lap race in SR.E. And actually those that frequent SR.E know they can't get away with punts and dive bombs and it happens less!

Disclaimer: This was before I stopped playing a couple months ago. It may be different now, but I doubt it.

A dive bomber hit another car and that player just doing the right thing gets damage, he/she would not be very happy so having damage will not solve the problem.
Having damage in daily races will be more like demolition derby races.

Last edited:
Probably the key is just to make sure your own SR rating is as high as it can be. The minute you even drop to A it’s notably more bumpy....
That used to be the case before they changed the system. I'm A+/S and there are several dirty drivers in every single race...all S-rated. I assume A and below are far, far worse because you really need to try very hard to drop your rating.

A dive bomber hit another car and that player just doing the right thing gets damage, he/she would not be very happy so having damage will not solve the problem.
Having damage in daily races will be more like demolition derby races.
It would knock the divebomber out of the race too though. I'd like to believe people would be "trained" to drive a lot more carefully if any contact meant damage, which would discourage aggressive moves. Dirty drivers i.e. those who crash would drop in ratings, while the victim, even though they may get knocked out of a few races, will rise to cleaner lobbies over time.

That used to be the case before they changed the system. I'm A+/S and there are several dirty drivers in every single race...all S-rated. I assume A and below are far, far worse because you really need to try very hard to drop your rating.

It would knock the divebomber out of the race too though. I'd like to believe people would be "trained" to drive a lot more carefully if any contact meant damage, which would discourage aggressive moves. Dirty drivers i.e. those who crash would drop in ratings, while the victim, even though they may get knocked out of a few races, will rise to cleaner lobbies over time.
Since the SR deduction is the same for the rammer as the rammed I can't see how that would separate them.
Edit: actually it might, the rammed would fall lower because he might get a reduction in SR for being hit, another for leaving the track and one more for hitting a wall.
While the rammer just got one for hitting the other car

Last edited:
Yeah, I think you have to separate the outcome of a one off incident versus the overall trend of stopping people from doing it. It seems fair to expect incidents would be gradually reduced, even though on the occasions when they do, an innocent party is likely to suffer as well.

Since the SR deduction is the same for the rammer as the rammed I can't see how that would separate them.
Edit: actually it might, the rammed would fall lower because he might get a reduction in SR for being hit, another for leaving the track and one more for hitting a wall.
While the rammer just got one for hitting the other car
Not quite.

As the normal driver avoids accidents, they'll end up in fewer of them.

As the divebomber keeps crashing, they'll end up in more accidents.

This trend makes the safety rating of the divebomber lower on average, and higher on average for the safe driver, which will over time widen the gap between them.

That's essentially what the Sportsmanship rating is supposed to do, but it fails to do so. You can rub people all race long and not drop a single point of SR. You'll even get a clean race bonus. This didn't use to be the case. I remember a hectic race on Bathurst where people kept making contact due to the lag caused by the sheer speed of the cars (super formula) and abrupt changes in cornering speed. My SR dropped from S to C in that single race, though to be fair I was so **** off by the dirty driving I had to fight back, so it seemed fair enough.

I can't race online with these bad losers anymore. I just can't. I'm talking about race B on Fuji.
Doesn't matter if that person gets a lower SR at the end of the race and later on will be matched with players like him, there's always gonna be someone else to replace him. Slow down penalties in-race for high speed bumping/ramming/brake checking must come back at all costs.

Last edited:
Having damage in daily races will be more like demolition derby
It can, you are correct. But its very difficult as the others will be able to pull away since you won't be able to catch them with a damaged car. Its never fun to be the victim under any system. Add to damage the mild version of the penalty system and I think you might have something. They also need to make it harder to raise your SR. Under this system, someone can murder you and 2 others, go hit a daily race A or B and be back in the top SR lobby next FIA race....needs to be more difficult than that.

It can, you are correct. But its very difficult as the others will be able to pull away since you won't be able to catch them with a damaged car. Its never fun to be the victim under any system. Add to damage the mild version of the penalty system and I think you might have something. They also need to make it harder to raise your SR. Under this system, someone can murder you and 2 others, go hit a daily race A or B and be back in the top SR lobby next FIA race....needs to be more difficult than that.
Agree.

Damage in daily races is not going to stop players from divebombing into other cars, and I don't know why people want damage in for. I know players that don't like ghosting including myself, but that seems the only logic approach to fix that behaviour.

As the normal driver avoids accidents, they'll end up in fewer of them.

As the divebomber keeps crashing, they'll end up in more accidents.

This trend makes the safety rating of the divebomber lower on average, and higher on average for the safe driver, which will over time widen the gap between them.
This.

Short-term, almost everyone gets damage a lot, and everyone's unhappy about it.
Medium-term, fewer people get damage, mainly a small group of ramming asshats who get more damage in more races and a larger group of people they ram getting damage every now and then because they individually meet the rammers less often.
Long-term, the guys who would otherwise keep ramming have learn not to ram, making deliberate contact far, far more rare except for a handful of hardcore ramming fannies.

Back