Penso's Garage - NEW Toyota 86 GT Seasonal Tune - 1:34.261

Eager to try the Dino Tune, but with all the parts installed as you indicated, my PP overshot to 455+ or even higher,

Engine 1, racing exhaust, sport ECU, intake, sport catalytic, this goes over 450pp, with original oil, and ballast added, and power reduced. Does the anniversary edition make for more powerful cars?? lol

how are you all landing at 450pp with those exact settings? Tried 2 cars.

The car oversteered lots on corner entry deceleration (high speed ring) but it was super smooth all elsewhere.

then my PS3 fat died ! oh the agony. luckily, I was able to get my disc out (sorry old PS3 plastic covers and screw tabs flown all over!) and get a new PS3 tomorrow.

Eager to try the Dino Tune, but with all the parts installed as you indicated, my PP overshot to 455+ or even higher,

Engine 1, racing exhaust, sport ECU, intake, sport catalytic, this goes over 450pp, with original oil, and ballast added, and power reduced. Does the anniversary edition make for more powerful cars?? lol

how are you all landing at 450pp with those exact settings? Tried 2 cars.

The car oversteered lots on corner entry deceleration (high speed ring) but it was super smooth all elsewhere.

then my PS3 fat died ! oh the agony. luckily, I was able to get my disc out (sorry old PS3 plastic covers and screw tabs flown all over!) and get a new PS3 tomorrow.

Sorry about the PS3. I've got an old fatty myself and I'm just hoping to get through GT6 with it before I go next gen...a year tops!!!:nervous:

The original tune I had for the Dino had it smoother on entry made it too tight in the rest of the corner. A little trailing throttle on entry sometimes will help with the entry oversteer. Hard to do without a wheel though if you don't have one but works like a charm if you do.:lol:

I double checked the settings and looks like I put Intake Manifold when it should be Exhaust Manifold...sorry.

Last edited:
I was going to do a tune for the S2000 Seasonal and thought I'd try another one first. After running a few laps I realized there was no point because this tune is about perfect for this track.

Motor City Tunes S2000

Even driving like a granny you can gold this event with this car, and if you let it all hang out a really skilled pilot can see 45's with this car, with ABS1 only.

Seasonal Tune Only
Tsukuba Circuit.jpg

Once I got the hang of how to drive this car I carded many low 1:05's and high 1:04's even with the tires practically catching fire they were so hot. That's just with ABS1, not a fan of SRF so I don't want to use it even in Seasonals. With SRF you might benefit from something even looser so you may want to increase rear brake bias, more negative rear toe, softer front/harder rear etc. 1:02's should easily be possible with SRF on I would assume.

EDIT: Just gave it another go without ABS. Got down to 4.9 with 2/0 and Standard Brakes. 2/1 will give you even more aggressive entry if you want/need it.
upload_2014-1-4_23-32-2.png

upload_2014-1-2_21-9-6.png

Last edited:
Hi Johnnypesto,

I tried your BRZ tune on an 86 and must say, what a great tune to drive! 👍👍 I just dropped the F anti-roll to 2 to get more entry steering. Drop in LSD Accel (to 12) and it works at 500PP as well by boosting power only.

The Dino tune is also a very good tune and a nice drive!

I suspect we have much the same driving style as your setups feel very balanced to me whereas I normally find too much entry understeer in a lot of setups due to my tendency to use a lot of trail braking into corners. I tend to rather trail brake (sometimes quite hard even) than brake in a straight line and then pitch for the apex. Coincidence or also your driving style?

I am truly looking forward to your future tunes and trust they will all be great. What can we expect? :D Tonight I'll be using your Lancia tune for the seasonal.

Cheers and thanks again for the tunes :bowdown:

Hi Johnnypesto,

I tried your BRZ tune on an 86 and must say, what a great tune to drive! 👍👍 I just dropped the F anti-roll to 2 to get more entry steering. Drop in LSD Accel (to 12) and it works at 500PP as well by boosting power only.

The Dino tune is also a very good tune and a nice drive!

I suspect we have much the same driving style as your setups feel very balanced to me whereas I normally find too much entry understeer in a lot of setups due to my tendency to use a lot of trail braking into corners. I tend to rather trail brake (sometimes quite hard even) than brake in a straight line and then pitch for the apex. Coincidence or also your driving style?

I am truly looking forward to your future tunes and trust they will all be great. What can we expect? :D Tonight I'll be using your Lancia tune for the seasonal.

Cheers and thanks again for the tunes :bowdown:

Glad you enjoyed the BRZ and yes, like you, I brake as deep as I can into a corner whenever possible. The recent GTEYE brake upgrade I did with the G27 makes it easier to do as well. In the near future I'll do a few more 450PP SH tunes then move up to 500-550 for a while. I probably won't do many of the world beater cars like the NSX's, Elise's etc. because everyone tunes them and it's not hard to find good tunes for them all over the place. I'll probably stick mainly to the second tier and oddball cars because they are more challenging and more rewarding for me to drive, with the odd top level car thrown in for good measure.

Glad you enjoyed the BRZ and yes, like you, I brake as deep as I can into a corner whenever possible. The recent GTEYE brake upgrade I did with the G27 makes it easier to do as well. In the near future I'll do a few more 450PP SH tunes then move up to 500-550 for a while. I probably won't do many of the world beater cars like the NSX's, Elise's etc. because everyone tunes them and it's not hard to find good tunes for them all over the place. I'll probably stick mainly to the second tier and oddball cars because they are more challenging and more rewarding for me to drive, with the odd top level car thrown in for good measure.
This actually explains a lot why I had trouble with your BRZ tune. I spend a lot of my time on MRs so I'm very used to braking in a straight line, diving in extremely hard with a little bit of throttle on to induce a bit of understeer to keep the rear settled and then power out. With the BRZ I found that my entry, especially in faster corners just kicked it into a slow drift which scrubbed off of a lot of speed which was a bit difficult because normally if that happens I'll make a quick snap motion to correct or jam the throttle to make it do something a bit more recoverable but I found that it was tuned to be so calm that when you did something harsh to correct it it didn't give the response that I wanted.

This actually explains a lot why I had trouble with your BRZ tune. I spend a lot of my time on MRs so I'm very used to braking in a straight line, diving in extremely hard with a little bit of throttle on to induce a bit of understeer to keep the rear settled and then power out. With the BRZ I found that my entry, especially in faster corners just kicked it into a slow drift which scrubbed off of a lot of speed which was a bit difficult because normally if that happens I'll make a quick snap motion to correct or jam the throttle to make it do something a bit more recoverable but I found that it was tuned to be so calm that when you did something harsh to correct it it didn't give the response that I wanted.
I should be asleep....:eek::eek:

Your explaination makes perfect sense. I drive the same way with MR's and my driving style overall is very smooth, with as little drama as possible, outside of TT's that is, where massive oversteer is usually the name of the game. I like stability with a hint of oversteer on entry. With the BRZ if you hit the right entry speed, it just dives in for the apex on it's own but if you are just outside the racing line, you just stab the brakes a little harder as you are trail braking and the back end will kick out slightly and off you go. Using both feet on the pedals also helps in response time to keep things under control.

I also tend to use as little Accel LSD as possible as I prefer to just stab the throttle and go without having to worry about the back end stepping out. Not always possible with all car/tire/pp combinations but I do what I can with the limitations I have. As a result, my tunes won't work for everyone but if they do work for you, they tend to work well.

Hopefully we can produce something in the future a little more suited to your style.👍

Hey there, your Lancia is way faster than mine, but the best I can manage is a 1:56. How are you getting traction back for the corner exits? Or is it the entry that needs to be more aggressive? The way I am driving it I induce a little bit oversteer using the brakes on corner entry and ride it slowly 'till I can get traction for the exit. When I try to drive it like I stole it, I get it turned in, but I'm going way too fast, and when I get on the gas it just ploughs straight into the grass.

The trick to Seasonals which the Alfa was tuned for, is to over rotate the car, basically doing a slight drift to a late apex, and then blasting straight out of the corner. My regular tunes are generally made for smoother entry and should rotate well while powering out of corners without having to spin the back wheels to do so. I'm a bit confused though, I tuned the Alfa for the Tsukuba Seasonal, surely you aren't running 1:56 at Tsukuba??

The trick to Seasonals which the Alfa was tuned for, is to over rotate the car, basically doing a slight drift to a late apex, and then blasting straight out of the corner. My regular tunes are generally made for smoother entry and should rotate well while powering out of corners without having to spin the back wheels to do so. I'm a bit confused though, I tuned the Alfa for the Tsukuba Seasonal, surely you aren't running 1:56 at Tsukuba??

Lol 1:06. It was 4am.

Also, sorry to be that guy, but I think you might be confusing the Lancia Delta with Autodelta, who were an inhouse tuning and race prep firm for Alfa Romeo. The little clover symbol on the fender of the '65 Giulia Sprint GTA is their badge.

Also, sorry to be that guy, but I think you might be confusing the Lancia Delta with Autodelta, who were an inhouse tuning and race prep firm for Alfa Romeo. The little clover symbol on the fender of the '65 Giulia Sprint GTA is their badge.
Last couple of days have been chaotic but it seems I have to include one glaring error in every tune...lol. Thread title is fixed but I can't fix the post with the tune till I get home.

I should be asleep....:eek::eek:

Your explaination makes perfect sense. I drive the same way with MR's and my driving style overall is very smooth, with as little drama as possible, outside of TT's that is, where massive oversteer is usually the name of the game. I like stability with a hint of oversteer on entry. With the BRZ if you hit the right entry speed, it just dives in for the apex on it's own but if you are just outside the racing line, you just stab the brakes a little harder as you are trail braking and the back end will kick out slightly and off you go. Using both feet on the pedals also helps in response time to keep things under control.

I also tend to use as little Accel LSD as possible as I prefer to just stab the throttle and go without having to worry about the back end stepping out. Not always possible with all car/tire/pp combinations but I do what I can with the limitations I have. As a result, my tunes won't work for everyone but if they do work for you, they tend to work well.

Hopefully we can produce something in the future a little more suited to your style.👍

That's exactly it - I'm mostly a TT driver so my style is sorta like a less aggressive Stig. A lot of inputs in order to figure out what the car is going to do, when I can do certain things and necessarily a lot of corrections when I do something incorrectly so I tend to need a car that's very alive in the way that it gives me feedback in order to get it right so something designed to be more tame isn't always necessarily the fastest for me. I don't necessarily like massive oversteer but I'll admit that I prefer it to understeer and that something like a fairly stiff Elise is my ideal sort of handling. That style also makes getting instant feedback from the car really important so when the BRZ started slowly sliding out it was kinda tricky because some times it would just re-plant itself and I lost speed because I was expecting to have to correct more and other times it did the same thing and the rear kept going out. On the back end of the ring when you have all of those high speed corners that in that car you don't really need to brake very often for because the rear would slide through a corner and then stay sliding before I entered the next corner whereas with other cars you can dive in, might kick out the rear a bit, add some throttle and countersteer, and correct without losing much acceleration at all.

That also makes a lot of sense - the way I figure out when to put the power down normally is with little stabs of the throttle so what happened to me sometimes was that I would do that and it's just like "okay nothing from the car, nothing, WHOAAAAA UNDERSTEER" that I wasn't expecting because I didn't get that feedback earlier.

Seasonal Tune Only

Thanks much for posting this tune! :bowdown: :bowdown:

No alien here, but...
...was able to turn a 1:07.177 without any aids/ABS 0/manual clutch after a few laps.
Will go back in next few days and see if I can whittle some more down.
Car is a gas with manual transmission, my TH8RS loves the workout!!! :)

Hi am new here at GT Planet.
I have tried many tunings, in my opinion your garage is the best.
I'm waiting for more progress.
regards

Thanks much for posting this tune! :bowdown: :bowdown:

No alien here, but...
...was able to turn a 1:07.177 without any aids/ABS 0/manual clutch after a few laps.
Will go back in next few days and see if I can whittle some more down.
Car is a gas with manual transmission, my TH8RS loves the workout!!! :)

Glad to hear it helped. I tried it without ABS myself for a few laps and it worked quite well.

Hi am new here at GT Planet.
I have tried many tunings, in my opinion your garage is the best.
I'm waiting for more progress.
regards
Thanks @smialas86 and welcome to GTP.

This is an updated version of my original Clio tune. Tuning the Ford Focus along with some suggestions from @Tempo87 and @miata13B helped iron out some of the original issues with the tune. One particular issue was the front tires heating up excessively after a couple of laps. Throwing ballast on the front as opposed to the back really helped with this situation without sacrificing any turn in. It's a little faster than the Focus ST now and if you like the sound of a high revving Euro 4 banger Hot Hatch, you'll love this car. Enjoy:cheers:

View attachment 88312
View attachment 90782

View attachment 90781
Thank you for this tune!

Want to let you guys know I probably won't be doing much the next couple of weeks. My Dad is staying with me while recovering from a back operation (vertebroplasty...a real miracle... http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/test_procedures/orthopaedic/vertebroplasty_135,37/ ) for at least 2-3 weeks and between that and work it doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else. If I get time I have a couple of things on the go already and I'll post them but no promises.

Can't wait untill you tune a rx8 and a 03' s2000, they turned into my favorite cars to drive after you put your touch on them in Gt5.

Keep up the good work JP, cya around

Last edited:
Seasonal Tune Only

Trial Mountain Circuit_1.jpg
This is a takeoff of my BRZ tune with added weight reduction for the bumps and elevation changes at Trial Mountain and some shorter gearing. You can drive it as a grippy car or you can throw it around, it'll do either. Gold should be easy for just about everyone after a few laps. Keep the car on the dark tarmac, there isn't a lot of grip at Trial Mountain off the racing line. My best lap was a 1:35.127 with many laps in the low 1:35's using ABS1 only and no other aids. Good luck!!

NOTE: I believe I set the individual gear ratios with the FGR at 2.500 then increased the FGR to 2.750 but otherwise followed the method listed in Post 2

upload_2014-1-30_22-46-2.png

upload_2014-1-30_22-47-26.png

Last edited:
I tried out the Dino on the Nordschleife last week in v1.03 (ABS 1) and found it an excellent setup. Everything I'd expect in a Mid Engine car rather than the usual GT horror show, although as you hint at in your tune post it's actually a decent stock drive.

Definitely on the fast side of 450pp, nicely balanced and all the cornering advantage of the MR layout without too much of the downside. You still need to be careful of course (and stay off the curbs), but I could actually correct twitches and moments of oversteer - it's not quite on that vicious GT6 MR knife edge.

I look forward to trying it in 1:04, it might be even more user-friendly 👍.

It's funny you post the 86 seasonal tune because I did it yesterday with the BRZ tune and I loved it. Got gold pretty easily with DS3.

I tried the BRZ tune first as well, but found the car benefited from the lighter weight getting around TM with it's bumps and jumps. Either one will work for getting the dough though:lol:

Seasonal Tune Only
Circuito di Roma.jpg

My first use of the flat floor for no other reason than I thought this was as good an opportunity to try it as any with Rome being slippery and this being a big, heavy, high powered car. I'm not entirely satisfied with the results but it did get me a decent lap time. It is prone to understeer if you try to carry too much speed into the corners, but once you get into the swing of things and get your pace down you can basically point it and it will go in that direction. I did try it with 200 kgs ballast at the rear and it rotated only slightly better but the added weight seemed to have quite an adverse affect on cornering speed so I dropped it back to 100 kgs and lap times improved.

Hope it helps some of you to gold this event. Good luck!!

upload_2014-1-31_22-19-27.png

upload_2014-1-31_22-18-5.png

Last edited:
On the Jaguar XKR-S, I could not set the transmission to the gearing that you listed. At what speed and final gear setting do you set it to before you change the gear numbers? What could I be doing wrong because to adjust the 1st 3 gears I have to max out the speed with the final gear set to 2.380 and I'm unable to achieve the last 3 gear settings you have listed? Thanks.

On the Jaguar XKR-S, I could not set the transmission to the gearing that you listed. At what speed and final gear setting do you set it to before you change the gear numbers? What could I be doing wrong because to adjust the 1st 3 gears I have to max out the speed with the final gear set to 2.380 and I'm unable to achieve the last 3 gear settings you have listed? Thanks.

When doing transmission settings on a tune always add the power parts first - leave the trans til last. Oil change has no effect on this, so don't worry about that.

What Iain said...

When doing transmission settings on a tune always add the power parts first - leave the trans til last. Oil change has no effect on this, so don't worry about that.

plus this should do it:

Transmission tuning method in middle of this post

Just wanted to say I gave the Dino and 86GT seasonal tunes a try this morning and was extremely satisfied! Keep up the good work, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your tunes :)

Back