Motor City Tunes GT6

Hey Hami, as you know, I like to get your opinion and thoughts on things so I was wondering what you thought about this. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/camber-theory.294762/

Do you think that camber in GT6 here is flawed or does it work as it should? I haven't really tuned any cars myself yet, so that's why I'm asking so when I do tune, I know what to look out for if it is flawed. Thanks Hami and keep up the good work on the garage. :cheers:

I read where others were talking about camber having the most grip at zero in GT6, so I tested it too. I don't like to call things too early, without testing things across the drive trains, but I am leaning toward zero is highest grip. On one hand I am disappointed that PD again seems to have missed the logic of real world tuning. On the other hand, if you can move a lever in one direction and it produces noticeable results, then take it. I am looking for others opinions too. I tested this on a few Miata and across six or seven FFs. Put front and rear camber at zero then test drive the car. Then begin to move rear camber more negative. Tell me if the car rotates more by adding rear camber. On the FFs that I played with, I just kept adding camber until the cars would spin out. It was impossible to get FFs to spin out in GT5.

@Ronald6 and RAZRr1275 - Below is the Miata tune that I have been playing with. I am interested in playing more with camber, ride height and dampers. Feel free to take this for a test drive.

MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA,J) '93
390PP, 157HP, 930kg

Parts
Sport Hard Tires
Full Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Adjustable LSD
Triple Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
5-Speed Transmission
Sport Computer
Sport Exhaust
Sport Catalytic Converter
Weight Reduction 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 85/95
Spring Rate 4.00/5.00
Damper Compression 1/3
Damper Extension 4/3
ARB 2/4
Camber 0.0/0.5
Toe -15/0.05
Brake Balance 5/4
LSD 14/8/22
Power Limiter 98.5%
Ballast 73 @ 15%

I am especially interested in your thoughts on how this tune changes when you add camber to one end of the car. Keep adding to the rear and let me know what you experience. Then go back to 0.5 rear and start adding to the front. Just curious if you see some of the same things. Thanks for the help.

I read where others were talking about camber having the most grip at zero in GT6, so I tested it too. I don't like to call things too early, without testing things across the drive trains, but I am leaning toward zero is highest grip. On one hand I am disappointed that PD again seems to have missed the logic of real world tuning. On the other hand, if you can move a lever in one direction and it produces noticeable results, then take it. I am looking for others opinions too. I tested this on a few Miata and across six or seven FFs. Put front and rear camber at zero then test drive the car. Then begin to move rear camber more negative. Tell me if the car rotates more by adding rear camber. On the FFs that I played with, I just kept adding camber until the cars would spin out. It was impossible to get FFs to spin out in GT5.

Thanks for your insight on this. As soon as I can drag myself away from doing the WRS Qualifier, I'll do some testing myself then because I too read that zero camber was the way to go, which isn't very realistic as far as I'm concerned. I'll tune and test with that in mind though. Thanks again Hami, appreciate it.

I think the camber thing is something they overlooked and it will be patched in one of the updates. I have tested it on every drive-train and only the FF benefits from it in the rear because it loosens up the rear lol (sounds weird when speaking about camber I know)

I really noticed the flaw on 4WD because I depend on camber for those with the way I drive them and when I add camber it's like driving on dirt. Which ever end of the car I add camber to slides more and the more I add, the slide got worst. I only went as far as 2.5 on either end so I don't know if there is a magic number above that which will help.

I only went as far as 2.5 on either end so I don't know if there is a magic number above that which will help.

I stopped testing at -5.0 camber in the rear on the Miata. I could no longer keep it from spinning out. It was a pretty consistent progression from zero to 0.5 to 1.0 to 1.5, etc., all the way to 5.0. I think you may be correct. PD may read about it on these forums and change it in an update (in about a year?).

I stopped testing at -5.0 camber in the rear on the Miata. I could no longer keep it from spinning out. It was a pretty consistent progression from zero to 0.5 to 1.0 to 1.5, etc., all the way to 5.0. I think you may be correct. PD may read about it on these forums and change it in an update (in about a year?).

Yeah, I think they are more concerned about lack of sales right now, as you can see with them closing the GT5 servers, trying to force the guys to get GT6(my opinion) so we will be stuck with what we have for a little while I am sure.

image.jpg
View attachment 86275

Here ya go Hami. On our showroom floor at Ford Bellevue, WA.

Can't wait for these to be available in Australia. Here's a picture of my Boss 5.0 at a recent track day its an aussie GT falcon with a 1.9ltr factory blower. No slouch as they run a 12.4 sec 1/4 mile standard on 245 rear tyres.

The closest thing to a Falcon we get to drive in gt6 is the boss 302 with a supercharger, great to find a tune for it.

Last edited:
I've noted your settings for the MX5 and will try something similar tonight for the practice event. But larger camber numbers are really best for softer tires, correct? Would the Sports Hard tires not offer enough grip to take advantage of a -5.0 anyway. I'm sure there are a number of guys trying out a lot of combinations.

I'm actually more interested in your Toe settings. I found the (-) Negative Toe giving the same car a very stable feel throughout the corner even if it may have hurt top speed, I was more confident to push it cornering. I will likely run -.3 or close to it front and back.

Honda Takata Dome NSZ '03
599PP, 589hp, 1170kg
Paint: Takata Livery, yellow, green, white and black

7209136616_11646039c3_z.jpg

Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod

Pit Service
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Racing Hard Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Racing Exhaust
Low RPM Turbo Kit

Tune
Ride Height 60/65
Springs 15.0/18.0
Dampers Compression 4/3
Dampers Extension 6/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/4
Camber 2.8/2.2
Toe -0.12/0.10
Brake balance 6/4
LSD 12/12/15
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 46/54
Power Level 100.0%
Downforce 350/485

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 124
1st gear 3.800
2nd gear 2.595
3rd gear 1.990
4th gear 1.615
5th gear 1.370
6th gear 1.200
Final gear 3.800
Hi Keith! I'm sorry for disturbing; NSZ sound good too but actually, it is NSX. ;)

@Ronald6 and RAZRr1275 - Below is the Miata tune that I have been playing with. I am interested in playing more with camber, ride height and dampers. Feel free to take this for a test drive.

MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA,J) '93
390PP, 157HP, 930kg

Parts
Sport Hard Tires
Full Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Adjustable LSD
Triple Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
5-Speed Transmission
Sport Computer
Sport Exhaust
Sport Catalytic Converter
Weight Reduction 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 85/95
Spring Rate 4.00/5.00
Damper Compression 1/3
Damper Extension 4/3
ARB 2/4
Camber 0.0/0.5
Toe -15/0.05
Brake Balance 5/4
LSD 14/8/22
Power Limiter 98.5%
Ballast 73 @ 15%

I am especially interested in your thoughts on how this tune changes when you add camber to one end of the car. Keep adding to the rear and let me know what you experience. Then go back to 0.5 rear and start adding to the front. Just curious if you see some of the same things. Thanks for the help.

Mate, just curious as to your ballast position where you say 73 @ 15%. Am I missing something, could you clarify the position as I don't understand it as a percentage. I have it now at -15, am going to take it for a couple runs and let you know how it feels.
Cheers

Mate, just curious as to your ballast position where you say 73 @ 15%. Am I missing something, could you clarify the position as I don't understand it as a percentage. I have it now at -15, am going to take it for a couple runs and let you know how it feels.
Cheers

It is +15 and the settings screen in GT6 lists Ballast Position as a %.

This is my current tune for the Honda S2000. I tuned it on Ascari and Silverstone. Feel free to take it for a test drive and post your feedback.

Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg
Paint: Lime Green Metallic

11444921076_5bb4b049ca_z.jpg

Pit Service
Oil Change
Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

Tune
Ride Height 80/85
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers Compression 4/3
Dampers Extension 7/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.07
Brake balance 4/3
LSD 8/11/15
Ballast 1
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 50/50
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.650
3rd gear 2.055
4th gear 1.680
5th gear 1.405
6th gear 1.215
Final gear 3.950

Last edited:
I'm curious why you haven't given it any camber. What's your theory on this?

Edit: sorry, just saw the earlier discussion. Interesting.

I am always skeptical of the odd theories like backwards settings and max/min settings so when I see conversations posted about them, I want to test, test, test before forming my own opinion. The one that I can confirm for GT6 is zero camber has the most grip. I can both feel it and experience lap time improvement. It has become a useful tuning tool. If I want the car to rotate more I add negative rear camber. I usually try to use other mechanical tuning methods first, but if the car won't do what I want, I have camber. It is like an instant sugar fix.

This is my current tune for the 1/1/2014 Honda S2000 Seasonal. Feel free to take it for a test drive and post your feedback.
Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg

Pit Service
Oil Change
Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

Tune
Ride Height 80/85
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers Compression 4/3
Dampers Extension 7/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.07
Brake balance 4/3
LSD 8/11/15
Ballast 1
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.650
3rd gear 2.055
4th gear 1.680
5th gear 1.405
6th gear 1.215
Final gear 3.950
Brilliant is all I can say:cheers:. Not familiar with the track at all and still finding my way around but I managed a 1:47.27 (ABS1 only) and left much more out there. In good hands with a more track familiarity I think you could see 44's in this car (without SRF) it's that good. The car is especially good on entry where you can use the brakes and gearbox to give yourself as much or as little oversteer as you can manage. I'm not much of a TT guy but I might take another crack at this later because it was so much fun. Well done Hami:tup:👍

Looking good Hami! Can't wait to get going and try out some of your tunes. Still grinding through the license tests, with traveling for work, I don't have as much time as I used to, but if you need any help or gifts, I'm more than happy to assist in any way I can. Take care and keep up the great work!

Hope you don't mind me throwing in some links to your garage when I finally get mine ready to go...

Looking good Hami! Can't wait to get going and try out some of your tunes. Still grinding through the license tests, with traveling for work, I don't have as much time as I used to, but if you need any help or gifts, I'm more than happy to assist in any way I can. Take care and keep up the great work!

Hope you don't mind me throwing in some links to your garage when I finally get mine ready to go...

Not a problem. Link away. Right now I am just looking for opinions on how tunes are working for others. I will start posting more tunes this week.

Not a problem. Link away. Right now I am just looking for opinions on how tunes are working for others. I will start posting more tunes this week.

I'm off to China again for 3 weeks, but will be spending that time organizing ideas and spreadsheets of course...when I'm not working or eating terrible food! Hopefully when I get back I might be able to do some testing.

This is my current tune for the 1/1/2014 Honda S2000 Seasonal. Feel free to take it for a test drive and post your feedback.
Honda S2000 Type V '03
470PP, 300hp, 1100kg

Pit Service
Oil Change
Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

Tune
Ride Height 80/85
Springs 10.0/8.5
Dampers Compression 4/3
Dampers Extension 7/4
Anti-Roll Bars 4/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.07
Brake balance 4/3
LSD 8/11/15
Ballast 1
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 3.700
2nd gear 2.650
3rd gear 2.055
4th gear 1.680
5th gear 1.405
6th gear 1.215
Final gear 3.950

Wow is right!!! On Johnnypenso suggestion, I tried out this tune for the current TT. Like Johnny, I also haven't had a chance to really learn this track nor did I plan on putting much time into this combo, but after trying out your tune here, I just might now. 👍 Car damn near drove itself, handled beautifully. Reminded me of damn Knight Rider, like it knew its way around the track without much input from me at all. :lol: Great tune Hamster, you really hit it out of the park with this one. :bowdown:

It is +15 and the settings screen in GT6 lists Ballast Position as a %.

Thanks, sometimes I can't see for looking. The Miata actually ran very well with the ballast at -15. Very stable, a nce little ride. I'll give it another run ( I used this for the one make event) later today with the camber adjustments you were looking for. 👍

Great tune on the S2K. It oversteers at the limits but is easily controlled. Any way to increase turn in without increasing the tendency to oversteer?

Great tune on the S2K. It oversteers at the limits but is easily controlled. Any way to increase turn in without increasing the tendency to oversteer?

Testing right now. The car needs more stability for Matterhorn. The number of over hill braking zones and downhill sections has really changed my approach for this tune. I built the original one that I posted on tracks like Ascari and Silverstone. Matterhorn is calling for Matterhorn specific tunes. I will post later tonight. Like another half hour or so.

Back