People keep complaining

  • Thread starter Thread starter davepiredda
  • 50 comments
  • 2,470 views
Messages
32
Australia
Australia
Messages
dinodave7
I keep hearing abut every1 saying that PD is bad because they only made a small few of car race modifiable. Don't u realsie that there are already racecars in the game - Le Mans f1 gt and others there probably 100. So in my option stop complaining. Anybody else agree
 
I agree.

There's really no need to complain about it at all. They should be happy that there are at least any RM cars. I would like more, but it's not so bad that it would make me complain about it. Also like you said there are dozens of racecars already and I don't see why that they can't use them.
 
Read my quote that can be found my Sig.
 
I wish to complain that this topic is not Race Modifiable. :dopey:

With that said, and to restate something from another topic:

There are quite a few cars in the game that have tons of versions of essentially the same car. The Skyline is one of them. The developers, or Kaz himself, chose to provide way too many versions of these cars, when time could have been spent giving RM options to others, or offering other cars that are not in the game at all.

I would like to see more cars have the option of Race Modification, but I'm not over-the-top about it. It would simply just be a nice addition, nothing more, nothing less.

Also, some of the choices for RM cars are odd. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't really see the Suzuki Cappuccino as something that people want or need to have RM'ed, I bet anyone would trade that one for just about any other car. :D
 
I wish to complain that this topic is not Race Modifiable. :dopey:

With that said, and to restate something from another topic:

There are quite a few cars in the game that have tons of versions of essentially the same car. The Skyline is one of them. The developers, or Kaz himself, chose to provide way too many versions of these cars, when time could have been spent giving RM options to others, or offering other cars that are not in the game at all.

I would like to see more cars have the option of Race Modification, but I'm not over-the-top about it. It would simply just be a nice addition, nothing more, nothing less.

*Sigh* Are you talking about the standard cars? Imo they don't count. My attention are only the premium cars... *Sigh* You have no idea how I've heard that so many times... :indiff: Will that ever die down?
 
I keep hearing abut every1 saying that PD is bad because they only made a small few of car race modifiable. Don't u realsie that there are already racecars in the game - Le Mans f1 gt and others there probably 100. So in my option stop complaining. Anybody else agree

:confused:

I'm not sure how having F1 GT, Group C cars, etc. relates to me potentially wanting to race mod, e.g., a Ford Mustang or Ford Focus (two premium cars that are raced in some form or another in real life but that don't offer a "race mod" option in the game).

A properly race-modified vehicle would include:

  • Roll cage installation, which would affect chassis stiffness and view out of the cockpit
  • Stripped interior, changing both weight and weight distribution significantly
And that's before you even go into things like engine tuning, aero, or additional stiffening that might be shared with non-race tuning.

Why would I want something like this? Well, I don't play GT just to drive supercars. Sometimes I like to drive something in-game that I might realistically drive in real life.

Granted, I'm not in the camp that blames PD for anything (except for extraordinarily shoddy QA on the 2.10 patch as it relates to PP calcs), but you can put me down as thinking it would be nice if we could race-mod more cars.
 
*Sigh* Are you talking about the standard cars? Imo they don't count. My attention are only the premium cars... *Sigh* You have no idea how I've heard that so many times... :indiff: Will that ever die down?

As you've stated, that's where your attention is. You can't expect everyone else to ignore the vast majority of the vehicles in the game now, can you? :drool:
 
I wish to complain that this topic is not Race Modifiable. :dopey:

With that said, and to restate something from another topic:

There are quite a few cars in the game that have tons of versions of essentially the same car. The Skyline is one of them. The developers, or Kaz himself, chose to provide way too many versions of these cars, when time could have been spent giving RM options to others, or offering other cars that are not in the game at all.

I would like to see more cars have the option of Race Modification, but I'm not over-the-top about it. It would simply just be a nice addition, nothing more, nothing less.

Also, some of the choices for RM cars are odd. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't really see the Suzuki Cappuccino as something that people want or need to have RM'ed, I bet anyone would trade that one for just about any other car. :D

I raced 4 seasons of the Cappuccino Cup..was great fun...lol. In my humble but correct opinion, adding more RM cars to the mix is the biggest bang for the buck in PD's arsenal and a missed opportunity on their part. I'd pay for DLC that was simply RM versions of existing cars in a heartbeat as long as they were cars that made for good racing, not an RM Leaf or RM Prius or that kind of crap. :drool:
 
Yep, something that mattered. I don't really need to turn my VW Beetle into Herbie. hehe

With that said (and I'm really not trying to be an 🤬) why do people, such as Toko above only focus on Premium cars? Seeing as over 3/4th's of the cars are Standards and less than 1/4th are Premiums, what's the reason for ignoring a vast majority of the cars? I'm just curious.
 
Last edited:
:confused:

I'm not sure how having F1 GT, Group C cars, etc. relates to me potentially wanting to race mod, e.g., a Ford Mustang or Ford Focus (two premium cars that are raced in some form or another in real life but that don't offer a "race mod" option in the game).

A properly race-modified vehicle would include:


[*]Roll cage installation, which would affect chassis stiffness and view out of the cockpit
[*] Stripped interior, changing both weight and weight distribution significantly

And that's before you even go into things like engine tuning, aero, or additional stiffening that might be shared with non-race tuning.

Why would I want something like this? Well, I don't play GT just to drive supercars. Sometimes I like to drive something in-game that I might realistically drive in real life.

Granted, I'm not in the camp that blames PD for anything (except for extraordinarily shoddy QA on the 2.10 patch as it relates to PP calcs), but you can put me down as thinking it would be nice if we could race-mod more cars.

Sure then can be rm for suitable cars like that. 1 car that I think should get it is the commodore ss. V8 supercars . And yes the mustang and focus should get it aswell. I'm just saying that there are more than just a small few race cars in the game
 
Generally, people who are unhappy about something is more likely to make a public statement about it. That's why the most common types of posts are:

a. People who complain about GT5.
b. People complaining about people who are complaining.
c. People making wishlists of things they are missing in GT5.
d. People who are complaining about people who makes wishlists.

While it's a lot more rare to see posts that:

e. Praise GT5 (unless it's directed as an indirect complaint towards someone who complained about GT5).
f. Praise people who praise GT5.
g. Praise people who makes wishlists.
h. Praise people who are complaining.
 
Generally, people who are unhappy about something is more likely to make a public statement about it. That's why the most common types of posts are:

a. People who complain about GT5.
b. People complaining about people who are complaining.
c. People making wishlists of things they are missing in GT5.
d. People who are complaining about people who makes wishlists.

While it's a lot more rare to see posts that:

e. Praise GT5 (unless it's directed as an indirect complaint towards someone who complained about GT5).
f. Praise people who praise GT5.
g. Praise people who makes wishlists.
h. Praise people who are complaining.

Can we praise you for being logical on a message board? I would.
 
Has there been an increase in people complaining about the lack of RMs lately?
 
As you've stated, that's where your attention is. You can't expect everyone else to ignore the vast majority of the vehicles in the game now, can you? :drool:

Nope, not expecting anybody to put their attention the same as mine. It's just this whole talk I hear about this same looking car and that same looking car, are mostly the standard cars.. :sly:

They're going to be gone don't worry, you won't have to see them anymore. :lol: Anyway I think were going off topic on this, so lets leave it at that. :sly:
 
Nope, not expecting anybody to put their attention the same as mine. It's just this whole talk I hear about this same looking car and that same looking car, are mostly the standard cars.. :sly:

They're going to be gone don't worry, you won't have to see them anymore. :lol: Anyway I think were going off topic on this, so lets leave it at that. :sly:

My point was that instead of making so many standard cars, a lot of which are very similar; they could have taken the time to make other cars Premium or RM. It seems like they wasted a lot of time.

I guess from your point of view, it was an even bigger waste of time, since you don't like the Standards at all.
 
I keep hearing abut every1 saying that PD is bad because they only made a small few of car race modifiable. Don't u realsie that there are already racecars in the game - Le Mans f1 gt and others there probably 100. So in my option stop complaining. Anybody else agree

So you are complaining about people who complain?
I hear what you are saying but I don't agree.
The racecars already in the game are not paintable. The RM cars are paintable. That's one of many reasons to want more RM cars.
Plus, PD could have easily taken the disc space dedicated to all the (essentially duplicate) Skylines, Miata/MX-5s, Lancer Evolutions and Imprezas, and dedicated that disc space to provide more RM cars. But that's not what they did and this is what we have. Can't stop the complainers so just play the game and have fun! 👍
 
My point was that instead of making so many standard cars, a lot of which are very similar; they could have taken the time to make other cars Premium or RM. It seems like they wasted a lot of time.

I guess from your point of view, it was an even bigger waste of time, since you don't like the Standards at all.

Bigger waste of time... :irked: It's not that I don't like the standard cars, I just don't care for them. At least that's better than *not insterting reason* anyway.

But meh, who cares...
 
I keep hearing abut every1 saying that PD is bad because they only made a small few of car race modifiable. Don't u realsie that there are already racecars in the game - Le Mans f1 gt and others there probably 100. So in my option stop complaining. Anybody else agree
Sure then can be rm for suitable cars like that. 1 car that I think should get it is the commodore ss. V8 supercars . And yes the mustang and focus should get it aswell. I'm just saying that there are more than just a small few race cars in the game

Please read the AUP. Text speak is not allowed:

You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Just a friendly reminder. ;)👍
 
My point was that instead of making so many standard cars, a lot of which are very similar; they could have taken the time to make other cars Premium or RM. It seems like they wasted a lot of time.

I guess from your point of view, it was an even bigger waste of time, since you don't like the Standards at all.

The only problem with your point is that the Standards didn't take much time at all; they existed before GT5 did. It would've taken some time to import them, and make sure they work within the GT5 environment, but the Standards would not (or at least, definitely should not) have been much of a time-sink. They didn't stand in the way of a bunch of RM's, is what I'm getting at.

To answer your earlier question about why some people focus on Premiums; they are the future of the series, and are appropriate levels of model fidelity and customizability for this generation. Standards, while containing some truly unique models amongst the seas of MX-5's and Skylines, are last-gen assets, and essentially dead if GT6 is moving to the PS4. That's a big if, though, and one best addressed in another topic before I go too far off this one :)

Speaking of - I imagine people complain because prior to release, the return of RM's was heralded, and many of us were excited to see them for the first time since GT2. That game had roughly 60-70% of its car lineup RM-able, while GT1's Sim Mode had every road car bar one. So to see 17 was disappointing, not even in comparison to the entire 1000+ car lineup (because, speaking personally, I didn't expect them to be compatible with Standards), but just in comparison to the 230-odd Premiums. It's a classic GT feature, and while it sort of goes against the "realism" of the game in the sense they're made-up versions of cars that don't really fit any specific series' specs, I really like them, and hope PD gives us more, either as DLC or in GT6 👍
 
The reason GT5 isn't praised is because people come to expect more from PD after what they've done in the past. GT5 was the first game I got after I got my PS3 and have learned to LOVE it, it is also my first GT series game. So if you come to expect things based on post versions, when you don't get what you expected I would expect some let-down and some complaints.
 
The only problem with your point is that the Standards didn't take much time at all; they existed before GT5 did. It would've taken some time to import them, and make sure they work within the GT5 environment, but the Standards would not (or at least, definitely should not) have been much of a time-sink. They didn't stand in the way of a bunch of RM's, is what I'm getting at.

To answer your earlier question about why some people focus on Premiums; they are the future of the series, and are appropriate levels of model fidelity and customizability for this generation. Standards, while containing some truly unique models amongst the seas of MX-5's and Skylines, are last-gen assets, and essentially dead if GT6 is moving to the PS4. That's a big if, though, and one best addressed in another topic before I go too far off this one
:)

Speaking of - I imagine people complain because prior to release, the return of RM's was heralded, and many of us were excited to see them for the first time since GT2. That game had roughly 60-70% of its car lineup RM-able, while GT1's Sim Mode had every road car bar one. So to see 17 was disappointing, not even in comparison to the entire 1000+ car lineup (because, speaking personally, I didn't expect them to be compatible with Standards), but just in comparison to the 230-odd Premiums. It's a classic GT feature, and while it sort of goes against the "realism" of the game in the sense they're made-up versions of cars that don't really fit any specific series' specs, I really like them, and hope PD gives us more, either as DLC or in GT6 👍

Thank you very much @SlipZtrEm. :) I couldn't have said it any better. 👍

About the RMs. I too don't mind there being less RM-able cars (disappointing for others) I like them as well, almost like a test for the future for premium models. Like @SlipZtrEm said, the RMs can even be perfect for DLC too for GT6, or even have them ready in it. :)
 
I get the point about Premiums; to a point. The problem is that you're saying that, in a way, GT5 is kinda like Prologue part 2. This leads to something else that's years away, on another system that's not close to being released yet. (Keep in mind how long this game took to be released after the PS3 came out.)

Sure, it didn't take as long to develop "copycat cars" with slightly different features/physics/etc., but I assure you that it did take up time that could have been spent doing something that was much more worthwhile. It's not as simple as copy & pasting words on your computer. Try programming/designing something. You'll see that it's much more time consuming than you think, even if you have a base to start from. Aside from that, there are many cars which aren't copies of other cars that just take up space in both the Premium and the Standard garage. Did those cars take no time to program? No, not at all. The development of those cars was wasting time that could have been used to do something worthwhile, which was my point to begin with. I understand that some of the Standards took less time to develop than others, but they still took up time. Seeing as this game took years and years to develop, it's obvious that time was definitely an issue.

I'm not really understanding the "Well, there's something better coming in a few years, so there's no need to complain about the game that isn't what it should have been." point of view. I get that there's more, and hopefully, better things to come, but we're playing this and we're playing it now.

I'd be interested to see if the same attitude applies when GT6 comes out years from now and a lot of what is promised isn't delivered, yet again. Will people then say, "Well, just wait for GT7. It'll be awesome. This is just a warm-up for things to come."?

There was much more promised for GT5 than was actually delivered and after the incredibly long development period I think many of us expected more than we got. I really haven't been one of the complainers, until this topic came along, and I'm not raging mad by any means, but, yeah, there's a lot missing that should have been here.

-The graphics are not top-notch like previous GT games. Previous games looked almost life-like. Even popping in my GT4 disc on my PS3 demonstrates how much better that game looked for its time compared to GT5.
-There are few Premium cars.
-Many of the Standards are not very interesting or too similar to each other.
-The dirt physics are messed up which makes rally less fun.
-Many of the tracks from previous games are missing.
-Few of the cars are RM capable. Some of the ones that are, are questionable at best. In other words, why this one and not a more fun car?

I do like this game, and I play it a lot, but with all of the time that went into it and the previous versions being the games that no one else could touch, I think much more was expected from PD, the people who previously brought you awesome.
 
I like PD and I wouldn't complain because it's near/close to perfect in my opinion anyways. This is the best/top racing game for me. I'm looking forward to buying GT6.
 
I get the point about Premiums; to a point. The problem is that you're saying that, in a way, GT5 is kinda like Prologue part 2. This leads to something else that's years away, on another system that's not close to being released yet. (Keep in mind how long this game took to be released after the PS3 came out.)

Unfortunately. You have no idea how many people have shrugged off problems with GT5 with the "it's their first PS3 game, they'll fix it in GT6" attitude. Personally, I'd rather judge a game on its own merits than the promises it may or may not make for the next iteration ;).

And yes, I definitely keep that in mind. Kaz has gone on record stating GT6 would take less time than 5 (which was the first ground-up game engine redesign since GT1), and they have already had over two years.

Sure, it didn't take as long to develop "copycat cars" with slightly different features/physics/etc., but I assure you that it did take up time that could have been spent doing something that was much more worthwhile.

Oh, it did take up time. Back during GT3 and GT4's development, when those cars were made.

It's not as simple as copy & pasting words on your computer.

Not quite as simple, no, but when the assets are already made, it's quite a lot quicker to implement them than it is to build them from scratch.

Try programming/designing something. You'll see that it's much more time consuming than you think, even if you have a base to start from.

I have, numerous times. And while I agree that it can be very time consuming, creating a Premium (which Kaz himself has quoted as six man-hour months) is a lot more time-consuming than recycling existing, PS2-era assets.

Aside from that, there are many cars which aren't copies of other cars that just take up space in both the Premium and the Standard garage. Did those cars take no time to program? No, not at all.

I never said no time. The majority of time spent dealing with Standard implementation in GT5 would probably have been spent dealing with things on the physics side of the equation, as that would actually need to be addressed thanks to the complete revamp. The shapes and textures of the vast majority of Standards have not changed from GT4 to GT5.

The development of those cars was wasting time that could have been used to do something worthwhile, which was my point to begin with.

What would have been more worthwhile? We all have different answers to that, I'm just pointing out that sacrificing 800 Standards would not have netted many more RM's at all, if we're looking at it from a time perspective :). And that's saying something, since I'm hardly a giant supporter of the Standards' inclusion to begin with! :lol:

I understand that some of the Standards took less time to develop than others, but they still took up time. Seeing as this game took years and years to develop, it's obvious that time was definitely an issue.

Again, yep, they did. During GT4's development. Well, a handful of new ones for GTPSP too, I suppose. Or the truly bizarre XFR, which is the only Standard to be "new" to GT5.

I'm not really understanding the "Well, there's something better coming in a few years, so there's no need to complain about the game that isn't what it should have been." point of view. I get that there's more, and hopefully, better things to come, but we're playing this and we're playing it now.

Oh, I'm of the exact same opinion 👍

I'd be interested to see if the same attitude applies when GT6 comes out years from now and a lot of what is promised isn't delivered, yet again. Will people then say, "Well, just wait for GT7. It'll be awesome. This is just a warm-up for things to come."?

I can pretty much guarantee, if it's released on PS4/Orbis/whatever, you will read at least a few "it's their first game on a new system, the next will deliver" comments.

There was much more promised for GT5 than was actually delivered and after the incredibly long development period I think many of us expected more than we got. I really haven't been one of the complainers, until this topic came along, and I'm not raging mad by any means, but, yeah, there's a lot missing that should have been here.

-The graphics are not top-notch like previous GT games. Previous games looked almost life-like. Even popping in my GT4 disc on my PS3 demonstrates how much better that game looked for its time compared to GT5.
-There are few Premium cars.
-Many of the Standards are not very interesting or too similar to each other.
-The dirt physics are messed up which makes rally less fun.
-Many of the tracks from previous games are missing.
-Few of the cars are RM capable. Some of the ones that are, are questionable at best. In other words, why this one and not a more fun car?

All reasonable issues, and I won't argue. We all had different expectations and different requirements for GT5. It can't, and probably shouldn't, please everybody. Which is the only comment I have about your last point; to you, the RM choices may seem strange. Despite there being only 17 (something I am disappointed with), I find almost all of them interesting, as they a) cover a fairly large swath of the enthusiast landscape, and b) are all pretty "Gran Turismo" cars, if that makes sense 👍

I do like this game, and I play it a lot, but with all of the time that went into it and the previous versions being the games that no one else could touch, I think much more was expected from PD, the people who previously brought you awesome.

I can't argue the sentiment. PD was the undisputed front-runner for so long, but guess what happens with that situation? Eventually, competitors do cotton on to what's successful for them, and start giving the fans appealing alternatives. Personally, GT will always be a sentimental favourite, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy there's competition these days. It's like the golden age of console sim-like racers; we have a lot more options than we did in 1998, and a lot of them offer unique spins on the genre. The hardest decision for me isn't picking one to pledge allegiance to, it's finding the time to play them all.
 
So you are complaining about people who complain?
I hear what you are saying but I don't agree.
The racecars already in the game are not paintable. The RM cars are paintable. That's one of many reasons to want more RM cars.
Plus, PD could have easily taken the disc space dedicated to all the (essentially duplicate) Skylines, Miata/MX-5s, Lancer Evolutions and Imprezas, and dedicated that disc space to provide more RM cars. But that's not what they did and this is what we have. Can't stop the complainers so just play the game and have fun! 👍

I do have fun and love it. I'm just sick of all this complaining about not enough rm.
 
I wish to complain that this topic is not Race Modifiable. :dopey:

With that said, and to restate something from another topic:

There are quite a few cars in the game that have tons of versions of essentially the same car. The Skyline is one of them. The developers, or Kaz himself, chose to provide way too many versions of these cars, when time could have been spent giving RM options to others, or offering other cars that are not in the game at all.

I would like to see more cars have the option of Race Modification, but I'm not over-the-top about it. It would simply just be a nice addition, nothing more, nothing less.

Also, some of the choices for RM cars are odd. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't really see the Suzuki Cappuccino as something that people want or need to have RM'ed, I bet anyone would trade that one for just about any other car. :D

Well we can race modify any car by going to the tuning shop and GT Auto and getting the parts. I should know I've modified everything from a '54 2CV to a Veyron.

BUT I'd love to be able to put numbers on any car. Given they are on RM cars it can be done within the coding. Where do you see a race where the cars are not numbered???
 
I do have fun and love it. I'm just sick of all this complaining about not enough rm.
So we're "tagged" as complainers because someone has a different opinion than you?

Most people that give their opinions about the game do it because they know it could be much better than it is. GT5 also could easily satisfy the people wanting to drive a stock car as well those wanting a 1000hp Samba bus. All that needs to be done is give us options that way we all are happy.
 
I do have fun and love it. I'm just sick of all this complaining about not enough rm.

Explain to us then why the complaints are not valid. "Because there are already loads of race cars" is not a valid reason, FYI.
 
I have, numerous times. And while I agree that it can be very time consuming, creating a Premium (which Kaz himself has quoted as six man-hour months) is a lot more time-consuming than recycling existing, PS2-era assets.

Yes they are time consuming, which is why alot of people are complaining. If they take so long and is as time consuming as Kaz says it would have been nice to see them focus on more variety of premiums instead of the thousands of hours spent with having so many Skylines, street verison, academy verisons, JGTC verisons, GT500 verisons, different sized wheels verisons, sun roof verisons, power seat/non-power seat, power side mirrors, HID headlights/non-hid lights, spoil/non spoiler, on and on its :crazy:

Thats also not counting the standard models of Skylines. But yet we can only have one modern Mustang as a premium with no others? No Jaguar XJ200 which was the first production car to ever hit 220mph. The 1967 Ford GT40 Mk2 which whooped Ferrari at Le Man and won 1,2,3. Bugatti Veyron which was the fastest production car EVER but yet its not premium.

Seems to me there was more than enough time to set aside for other priorities. I'm sure in the time they took to model so many Skylines they could have done another 15-20 RMs for cars. Ferrari F430 as the Le Man GT2 car, Viper as the GTS-R Le Man winning car, McLaren F1 as the 1997 Le Mans GT1 car, some of the sedans/wagons could have been made as Speed Channel Touring cars or BTCC, DTM, ect...
 
Back