- 926
- machschnel
Where's the DBR9? I also found it odd that unless I want to race an F1 or a vintage, Ferrari has no race cars.
I imagine those are more issues with Aston and Ferrari handing a DBR9 or FXX or any racecar over to PD, than PD just not wanting to add them to the game.Where's the DBR9? I also found it odd that unless I want to race an F1 or a vintage, Ferrari has no race cars.
Yes they are time consuming, which is why alot of people are complaining. If they take so long and is as time consuming as Kaz says it would have been nice to see them focus on more variety of premiums instead of the thousands of hours spent with having so many Skylines, street verison, academy verisons, JGTC verisons, GT500 verisons, different sized wheels verisons, sun roof verisons, power seat/non-power seat, power side mirrors, HID headlights/non-hid lights, spoil/non spoiler, on and on its![]()
Thats also not counting the standard models of Skylines. But yet we can only have one modern Mustang as a premium with no others? No Jaguar XJ200 which was the first production car to ever hit 220mph. The 1967 Ford GT40 Mk2 which whooped Ferrari at Le Man and won 1,2,3. Bugatti Veyron which was the fastest production car EVER but yet its not premium.
Seems to me there was more than enough time to set aside for other priorities. I'm sure in the time they took to model so many Skylines they could have done another 15-20 RMs for cars. Ferrari F430 as the Le Man GT2 car, Viper as the GTS-R Le Man winning car, McLaren F1 as the 1997 Le Mans GT1 car, some of the sedans/wagons could have been made as Speed Channel Touring cars or BTCC, DTM, ect...
Is it just me, or are the DLC Touring Cars essentially extra RM cars. They've got that similar package added on to them, and they seem pretty similar. With the DLC, you basically get a bunch of RM Skylines, and some others. So yeah, just get them![]()
Is it just me, or are the DLC Touring Cars essentially extra RM cars. They've got that similar package added on to them, and they seem pretty similar. With the DLC, you basically get a bunch of RM Skylines, and some others. So yeah, just get them![]()
Where's the DBR9? I also found it odd that unless I want to race an F1 or a vintage, Ferrari has no race cars.
I imagine those are more issues with Aston and Ferrari handing a DBR9 or FXX or any racecar over to PD, than PD just not wanting to add them to the game.
Without counting DLC; one R32, one R33, one R34, two R35 road cars. The Spec V would have taken a fraction of the time of the others, since it is nigh-on identical to the base '07 model. The SuperGT cars? They're unique paint jobs, they're all the same car underneath. The DLC Skylines added in wouldn't have taken too long either since they could all be based on an existing model. The Premium GT-R models that probably did take the longest? The TC DLC, ironically enough; which are essentially RM's.
As I already covered in my earlier post, counting the Standards is irrelevant since they would have taken next to no time other than some optimization.
The Veyron genuinely puzzles me, it really does. The others? PD had other priorities than you or I.
So you'd suggest they sacrifice pretty much all of the Premium Skylines to get an extra 15-20 RM's in the game? I'm even one of the people who thinks there's too many in the game, but considering the car's historical importance and close ties to GT and PD itself, nope, don't see that happening.
As for the wishlist/suggestions; we don't know if those were even options for PD. Getting the F430 GT2 would require more license discussions with Ferrari. Considering the lack of GT2 machinery in the game, perhaps PD didn't see much point in including the car? All we can do is guess.
That's how I've looked at them the entire time 👍
I wouldn't take out all the Skylines but what they've included as premiums is many times more than alot of other cars in the game. I mean its ok for 1 mustang, only 2 Cameros, but we have to have like 10-12 premium Skylines?
The Skyline isn't very historically important hell just untill a few years ago it wasn't even sold in North America.
Europe never really had much Skylines either.
Its never one a triple crown endurance race (Dayton 24 back when it ment something, Sebring, Le Mans)
it doesn't compete in GT1 or GT2 class at Le Man or in the states,
its not the highest selling car, its not the longest car in production, it hasn't to my knowledge beat or set any kind of World Record (maybe for number of Skylines in PD game).
PD has included a TONS of worthless cars, GT300 cars for example. Theres older GT-1 cars, Corvette C5R, Viper GTS-R, Lister Storm. So saying theres a lack of GT2 cars, so that means theres no reason to add one doesn't make much sense.
I just kind of wonder how many cars will be left out of GT6 in order to get all those standard Skylines in GT5 to premium. I'm sure we'll go to the Ford car lot as example and see maybe 2 mustangs and then go to Nissan and see rows and rows of Skylines.
So we're "tagged" as complainers because someone has a different opinion than you?
Most people that give their opinions about the game do it because they know it could be much better than it is. GT5 also could easily satisfy the people wanting to drive a stock car as well those wanting a 1000hp Samba bus. All that needs to be done is give us options that way we all are happy.
Explain to us then why the complaints are not valid. "Because there are already loads of race cars" is not a valid reason, FYI.
I imagine those are more issues with Aston and Ferrari handing a DBR9 or FXX or any racecar over to PD, than PD just not wanting to add them to the game.
If people want racecars. There are racecars for you. I'm just saying that rm isn't the only racecar
I'm not tagging you as a complainer I'm just saying that there are many people complaining about the rm. the game is what it is, so play if you like it or don't play
Though there isn't really any reason why they couldn't have done that, so if someone did it's not like it's a totally out there idea.So to see 17 was disappointing, not even in comparison to the entire 1000+ car lineup (because, speaking personally, I didn't expect them to be compatible with Standards)
Ah, the old False Dichotomy argument.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
Those are are only two choices are they?
....snip...
davepireddaI keep hearing abut every1 saying that PD is bad because they only made a small few of car race modifiable. Don't u realsie that there are already racecars in the game - Le Mans f1 gt and others there probably 100. So in my option stop complaining. Anybody else agree
Well said Sir!! It's amazing how many people set up the "there are only two options and either one makes you look like an idiot" argument...lol..and can't see that there are other options. I think that's why a lot of people don't get me or other people who don't see the world as black and white but as three dimensional. I love the game, I think overall it's very good, heck I'm still playing after 2 years, but I can also see room for improvement all over the place because the game is good, not perfect, and no I don't have to settle![]()
The team is small, or at least was. Making a whole game engine and content for a game on a console like the PS3, takes a lot of time. That's why Turn10 outsourced so much of their work.With all of the time that it took for this game to be released, it does make me wonder what they did actually spend time doing.
...what?but if you play both, it sure doesn't feel significantly different.
Which?I own games that have much more going on in them processing and graphics-wise that look much better than this. Full 1080p and high framerate without glitching or lagging out.
I'm brand new to the game and I'm new to this discussion (I saw the link to the thread and see what someone was complaining about). I couldn't get through page 2 of the thread before I had to stop. No personal offense to anyone, but you guys are depressing me.
Perhaps it's my newness to GT in general that allows me to appreciate GT5 for what it is since I do not have prior versions to compare it to, but I just want to say that, for a person such as myself who is usually pretty detail oriented and big on the quality of the graphics/presentation of all things let alone a game, I think that GT5 is beautiful. There is a reason why they used it to demo 4K TVs. With that said, I understand complaints about Standard vs. Premiums (if one commentor's statement about it being a full-time job for 6 months to do a Premium car then I understand the constraint a little more...the time & money constraint that is), but if there's less tracks than there were on GT4 then that sucks, too, so I feel where you guys are coming from. Regarding RMs, I didn't even know what those were until I google'd it, but I can feel where you're coming from there as well; there should be more. Perhaps that is a product of time and money as well. I don't know yet if you can race modify a car yourself to a certain extent by adding a big wing or lighter rims, etc. yet but my assumption is that's a 'no' as well.
WITH ALL THAT SAID, I think it's safe to say that most every one on here is still playing the game after owning it for a very long time and that in and of itself says the most to me. The only thing perfect in life is Jesus; everything else has flaws. It's learning to live with the flaws and appreciating things for what they are, rather than focusing on what they're not, that really makes the difference.