Performance Adjustment Ballast Question?

United States
Colorado
I have a question about the Ballast. When I was looking for a setup under the ballast settings the 1st one was set as 40kg. Does this mean that I have to convert it (USA)?

garystevens64

What's the unit of ballast measurement on your GT7 setup screen?

Last edited:
What's the unit of ballast measurement on your GT7 setup screen?
I was using Jeje6410 setups. I copied what's under his Ballast Settings. I wasn't sure if I needed to convert (40 kg) it? I know with some of his other setups I have to convert those numbers as well (kph to mph). I hope that you can understand what I'm talking about. If not let me know & I'll try a different way if needed. Thanks

Performance Adjustement :
Ballast:
40 kg
Ballast Positioning: +50
Power Restrictor: 100 %

garystevens64

I was using Jeje6410 setups. I copied what's under his Ballast Settings. I wasn't sure if I needed to convert (40 kg) it? I know with some of his other setups I have to convert those numbers as well (kph to mph). I hope that you can understand what I'm talking about. If not let me know & I'll try a different way if needed. Thanks

Performance Adjustement :
Ballast:
40 kg
Ballast Positioning: +50
Power Restrictor: 100 %

garystevens64
Granted its been a while, but I'm 99% sure, its in kg for everyone, so you should be able to just match his numbers and be ready to roll :)

Jerome

I think 200 kg is the maximum, so if it were in pounds it should be 400 in maximum, so you could check it that way

Granted its been a while, but I'm 99% sure, its in kg for everyone, so you should be able to just match his numbers and be ready to roll :)

Jerome
From a programming standpoint this makes most sense, keeping the same unit so the scale is the same in the UI.
For all the power units it can vary, but as we also have the same scale (70-100) it is just the visual represantation that changes with the slider.

Last edited:
One of the many minor things that annoys me about this game: you can set the units to imperial, but 90% of the game stays in metric. Whether it's the tuning bits or the digital speedometers. Analog gauges I get, but digital gauges are still kph?

And the wind speed is measured in f/s? We don't measure speed in f/s! If you're not going to use mph I'd rather kph as it's much easier to try and convert in your head. PD, CMON MAN!

1kg = 2.2 pounds, so 200 kg (max ballast) = 440 lbs. 1 KM = 0.6 miles. °C from °F is (temp x 1.7) + 32 IIRC.
Hopefully this helps.

I use USA measurements for everything the game allows. Some stuff stays on the metric system depending on where the track is or what market the car is for. Hablo dos idiomas and I process units of measure in a similar fashion...without a need to convert them in my mind. The Spanish phrase means, "I speak two languages".

Back