Permanent Borrow Glitch Trading Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter theotherspongey
  • 2,724 comments
  • 197,600 views
theotherspongey, say does not have affect on DLC in the OP
 
theotherspongey, say does not have affect on DLC in the OP

When I download it again will any modifcations to the origanl car remain?
 
People, please read the FAQ before posting a question!
 
The FAQ does not specifically answer my question.
 
I want to do this but I'd like to see a video of this actually work.

Would be helpful if you made a video, I have never done any back up saves for gt5 or anything like that, --- I will probably mess it up, but then again it's so tempting!
 
guys, this does not have any effect on dlc's, you just have to download it again

Great if you want to get your stock DLC cars back. :)

But, anyone has a answer to my question? What happens with the GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Special)?
 
Ya I'd like a video of it. I haven't done it yet so I'd like to watch a video of it being done.
 
Erm, I hope my friend doesn't get mad, because I accidentally took his F10! :eek:
What I did was simply delete game data to version 1.0 and I owned the car, I was only trying to reinstall the game
What this does:
This glitch allows you to permanently "borrow a persons car and own it.
How to do this:
1. First, borrow a friends car. Delete GT5 game data, it's the first folder in the Game tab in the XMB
2. Start GT5, refuse to download the patches
3. You should own the borrowed car BUT select a different car in your garage
4. Install patches and enjoy!
Pros of this glitch:
1. The original owner keeps the car and you get a copy of it
2. There's no types of trade caps
Cons of this glitch:
1. Time consuming
2. DELETING GAME DATA does not REMOVE ANY DLC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This works with ANY car

FAQ:

Q. Does removing the game data affect game progress?
A. No

Q. What does the game data contain?
A. Certain DLC's, tracks, patches, cars, pretty much the entire game except your save data

Q. Does this work with DLC?
A. No, DLC cannot be borrowed

Q. How much time can this take?
A. The final update process can take anywhere from 30-60 minutes, in total about 1 hour per car
The average delete time for game data is about 5 minutes

Q. How many times can I do this?
A. As much as you want until your fingers hurt

Q. Can you borrow more then one car at once?
A. No, you can only borrow one car at a time

Q. Should I re install the game afterwards?
A. No, it just adds more time if you want to glitch again


Now why would you want to go through all this and the time spent restoring and downloading updates after doing this, When you can go do a seasonall race and buy the car you need in less time. doh
 
Q. Should I re install the game afterwards?
A. No, it just adds more time if you want to glitch again


You can only borrow 1 car before you have to re-install the game data to be able to borrow another car.

Ex: Borrow car - exit game - delete Game Data - reload GT5, and refuse to download patches - switch to a car you owned already - exit game, and reload game to download the patches.
 
Now why would you want to go through all this and the time spent restoring and downloading updates after doing this, When you can go do a seasonall race and buy the car you need in less time. doh

Cars over trade limits.:dunce:
 
Wow can you share stealth cars? FREE STEALTH CARS????
 
3/6-6/6 takes like 30 seconds for me so its not that slow, ima see what has changed now, wish me luck
 
i always have the original savegame if too much is lost
 
nvm spoke too soon, 6/6 will take about 10 min or more
 
will update on my download when finished
 
@UltimateBMWfan - You would probably be better off editing your posts instead of double, triple, and quadruple posting.
The mods don't like it too much.
 
This may sound stupid, but where is this? -Game tab in the XMB
 
k, sorry guys

EDIT: finished, lets see the cars, i don't download the 8gb thing cause thats really annoying

EDIT2: Gonna use my original savegame because GT5 deletes the Paint codes as usless objects
 
Now why would you want to go through all this and the time spent restoring and downloading updates after doing this, When you can go do a seasonall race and buy the car you need in less time. doh

This glitch will be especially valuable to those wanting the Prototype carbon X2010's or more Vettel X 2010's
 
this delets all custom tracks, all replays and all your photos.

You also get a free Mercedes Benz E touring type thing form 1992 every time you do the glitch
 
this delets all custom tracks, all replays and all your photos.

You also get a free Mercedes Benz E touring type thing form 1992 every time you do the glitch

I got no Merc E Touring car.
 
this delets all custom tracks, all replays and all your photos.

You also get a free Mercedes Benz E touring type thing form 1992 every time you do the glitch

Not a big deal, just do a complete backup of your PS3 HDD. After trying the glitch restore it. :sly:

You only need to backup your gamesave separately to an USB stick.
 
i am gonna use my backed up savegame, but first to test drive F2007
 
How long should it take to delete the file? Its taken me about 5 mins, and its still not deleted...
 
dissapointing car, oh well, back to old savegame now
 
I am just doing the updates again, but it looks like it will actualy work. My internet connection is awful, but I'll let you know how long it takes. It looks like it's going to be hours... lots of hours....:ouch:
 
-_- actually, it does keep the paint codes -_-
 
Back