Personal best in Gr2. - Brands Hatch?

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 33 comments
Respect on the no aids.. i just check the 2 races i was in.. half the field used CSA and/or ASM on top of ABS/TCS

That’s a regular theme in all races I often check replays to what everyone is using, in DRA and DRS at least CSA usually and TC, I quite like finding out I’ve been having a battle with someone using no assists like me!

After a few laps I only managed a pretty average 1.16.2 but first time trying the NSX, will have another go later

That’s a regular theme in all races I often check replays to what everyone is using, in DRA and DRS at least CSA usually and TC, I quite like finding out I’ve been having a battle with someone using no assists like me!

After a few laps I only managed a pretty average 1.16.2 but first time trying the NSX, will have another go later

I know, right. You watch a replay from your competitors car and their screen looks like a Christmas decoration with all the red lights blinking and flashing. Then you watch the nose of their car hunting left, right, left, right, and that's just down the straight and he puts up a better lap than your smooth looking lap with a wheel. PD must really have the DS4 settings favorable to a lot of steering correction because it sure doesn't slow the car down much. My best lap at Brands Hatch is about 5 minutes I think, 1:18 in the Group 2 Lexus, I am just dog slow there, I need to set up a 60 lap arcade race to get good muscle memory for that track. It seems like you have the wheel turned for every braking point there and I always catch the outside curb with my RR tire on exit from the last left and go for a spin. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I know, right. You watch a replay from your competitors car and their screen looks like a Christmas decoration with all the red lights blinking and flashing. Then you watch the nose of their car hunting left, right, left, right, and that's just down the straight and he puts up a better lap than your smooth looking lap with a wheel. PD must really have the DS4 settings favorable to a lot of steering correction because it sure doesn't slow the car down much. My best lap at Brands Hatch is about 5 minutes I think, 1:18 in the Group 2 Lexus, I am just dog slow there, I need to set up a 60 lap arcade race to get good muscle memory for that track. It seems like you have the wheel turned for every braking point there and I always catch the outside curb with my RR tire on exit from the last left and go for a spin. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Plenty of discussions about the assists in this game so won’t go on about it here but it does need tweaking, far more satisfying to keep on track yourself than the game doing it for you.

Keep on going though, do a few slow laps first helps I find, get in to the rhythm and get your lines then push.

Plenty of discussions about the assists in this game so won’t go on about it here but it does need tweaking, far more satisfying to keep on track yourself than the game doing it for you.

Keep on going though, do a few slow laps first helps I find, get in to the rhythm and get your lines then push.

Thank you. That's what I did this morning for awhile. I think I did 2 15 lap sessions. I started at 1:20 best so I am picking up time, gradually. I drive with the marker cones on but I started doing Brands Hatch with the marker cones off, that seems to be the worst track for cones getting knocked over, I drove over a cone there during a race and it got stuck under my car, I lost steering and ended up in the kitty litter. Then this morning the guy in front of me goes into the sand on the left then I pass him as he is headed to the guardrail on the right, I hung my left wheels in the grass avoiding him but never spun just lifted and he gets corrected and passes me before the next corner, WTF??? I lost 3 seconds on that lap, I don't understand why the game let him lose so little time compared to me, it seems his mistake was far bigger going off on both sides and ramming the guardrail. This was on the hill after the last fast right and before the last left hand corner.

@phil_75
This is now completely off topic, but I have a little question to you, maybe you can give me a quick answer. I just looked at your Kudos, and I was curious, at which track did you lose over 10000 DR at only 1 day? It happened to you at least 2 times. Maybe it was Monza?
Cause I heard enough storys about the first chicane in sports mode...

Just done a 1:15.798 with the NSX on DS4 using Auto gears, TC2, and chase cam. I could get a low 15 I reckon, but it's hard work keeping it neat enough all the way round even tho it feels like it's on rails sometimes. But Gr.2 is surprisingly fun around Brands Hatch GP. :D

Just done a 1:15.798 with the NSX on DS4 using Auto gears, TC2, and chase cam. I could get a low 15 I reckon, but it's hard work keeping it neat enough all the way round even tho it feels like it's on rails sometimes. But Gr.2 is surprisingly fun around Brands Hatch GP. :D

I started out today with the NSX, I was faster at Suzuka with it but I ended up being faster in the Lexus, I think because it stops better. My fast at BH don't count for much cause it aint very fast like, maybe I should say I was less pokey in the Lexus. There, that fits better. :lol::lol:

@phil_75
This is now completely off topic, but I have a little question to you, maybe you can give me a quick answer. I just looked at your Kudos, and I was curious, at which track did you lose over 10000 DR at only 1 day? It happened to you at least 2 times. Maybe it was Monza?
Cause I heard enough storys about the first chicane in sports mode...

All 3 times Monza. I have learnt my lesson now.

1:15.8, probably a low 1:15 or even high 1:14 is possible if i spend real time on it but 15.8 is good enough to be near the front

That's a great time mate, especially with TC2. My best today is 1:18.6 in the Motul Autech , no TC.

My gripe is the fuel consumption. Started 1st and won nearly all laps however had to pit in at lap 6 and lap 12, however the driver who won after 15 laps beat me by miles as he only pitted in once, on lap 8.

I'd like to know how he does that. Better still, I'd like to see either compulsory pitting in or no pitting in.

In a real race the drivers do not have to decide on when to pit in or how fast to drive, that is all done for them by support crew and their computers and they receive instructions during the race.

Where are my instructions, ha ha ha. :(

Hi all - just wonder what some of you have as the personal best lap time in Gr.2 - Brands Hatch? :cheers:

Under which conditions? Make no sense to ask for times when no one knows the conditions.

BoP on/off
Tuning yes/no
Tires?
Fuel Consumption?
Used Slipstream of frontman yes/no...

I agree, this track with GR.2 car is a good combination. So far I have only run the GT-R on this course... but so much fun!!

Back