Personal Discovery: Shared

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • 7 comments
  • 619 views

Danny

Code Red
Premium
Messages
24,137
United Kingdom
Scarfolk
Messages
Grim10
Messages
Are you kidding?
I just found this old BMW sports car on the internet, and I was shocked about how much the Z8 looked like it!

I know this is probably old news, but I'm hoping to inform people like me who had no idea.

5077.jpg

5074.jpg

z819.jpg

z87.jpg
 
Yep, the z8 was semi-inspired by the 507.
 
I've always liked the 507. They've got a real '60s vibe to them in person.
 
If anyone remembers, the Z8 was based on a concept called the Z07 (after the 507 classic sports car).

It was displayed the first time I went to the Detroit auto show, and my dad and I got to talk to the designer (who was certainly NOT Chris Bangle =D). Pretty cool experience when you're just a kid. =)
 
The Z8 was based on the 507. And, is now the sexiest car ever made.
 
E55Power
The Z8 was based on the 507. And, is now the sexiest car ever made.

Please, Kris...spare us.
 
Wasn't the 507 designed by the same guy as the 2000GT and the 240Z?
 
Yes, Albrecht Goertz.
 
Back