Petition for the G27 and G25 and Fanatec full support

• Thread starter slayclops
  • 438 comments
Yes, full G27 support is a must.

Hell, give me full G27 support and I'll buy another copy of GT5 just for the heck of it.

I want to start with, I love all the gran turismo games and have loved their progression. I work as a bartender in Jackson, WY and deal with the public a lot and damn they are demanding in the modern age with their handheld computer that occasionally make phone calls. So I can, for a minute, realize who much it must suck to work at PD or be Kaz, cause everyone (millions) out there are so quick to be the first at point the finger at whats wrong. I give Kaz 1 million points (watch the ski flick Gnar) for being open to updating his game, and we will get it right for the drivers who love to drive, not look for loopholes... Please just one minor thing the Minolta 88C-V '89 (s) in premium please,please..

So here is why I'm blogging + i hate blogging...i'd rather be outside....

I find my Fanatec GT3 rs v2 gets very hot while driving upper-level cars in GT 5 with very little force feedback....just started driving F1 Championship edition again...I know it's old but, the wheel is more alive...actually it's so alive I have to turn the settings on the fanatec wheel down... FF 100.Sho.70. I finally felt the two vibration motors in the wheel for the first time in f1 championship edition, and it was during the grid start, just pegged the rpm's while the lights went to full red, waiting for them to go away, cause f1 people know, and the fanatec wheel was moving and shaking. I wasn't actually moving yet, but the wheel was transmitting energy due to the start the engine at the start of the race. Once again the wheel was alive, and i drove for 50 min, with the wheel giving all kinds of feedback...no heat at all.. 20 min in Gran Turismo 5 with a high end car and i feel like my wheel is going to melt.

Does anyone remember when we had speakers in a stereo system with a +/- cable... not wireless...So if you hooked the cable backwards. u get a bunch of weird muffled sound, and a bunch of heat. but when reversed the cables, cause u knew they were backwards......Boom..Boom.Boom. lots of sound. In some ways i kinda feel this is happening in Gran Turismo 5 with all our wheels...DFGT.G27 or 25, Fanatec.

To start with I have loved ever Gran Turismo to date.....Also i work as a bartender in a tourist town in WY, there aren't many... everyone with their handheld computers that, once and a while make phone calls, are so quick to tell u how to change your bar or restaurant so it's better for them.. so i can, for a tiny second understand the pressure from the public Kaz and the team from PD are dealing with.. and they are doing a great job of making changes. The fact this game can keep changing, allowing for more updates, is smart planing by Kaz. The public is demanding. In this day and age no matter what you due, there is someone somewhere that is not happy.

Anyway...So when I drive Gt5 with my Fanatec wheel with upper level cars...Mazda 787...ferrari f2007....Minolta(which PLEASE....PLEASE make PREMIUM!!) the force feedback is kind a there, but my wheel is heating up to the point where now i have to stop ever 20-30 min for 20- 30 min.... I know that really cuts into playing time..

So, two days ago i tried F1 Championship edition for a comparison. I know it's an older game but, the wheel was so much more alive and active. Drove for 50 min and no heat from the wheel, and it was so active it was hard to hold on to at points + finally realized what the two vibration motors in the fanatec GT3 Rs V2 due and they due it well.

Here is my question...

Does anyone remember when stereo speakers had a +/- input, not wireless.. If u hooked the terminals up backwards you got this muffled metallic sound from the speakers and they would get hot, cause they were still woking at the same wattage but the flow of electrons was backwards. You flip the input and you get BOOM...BOOM..BOOM.. the way the speakers should flow....Kinda think this is happening for all our wheel. G27 or 25 and Fanatec GT3 RS V2, almost feel like the signals being sent from GT5 are hurting driving wheels by overheating them with input the wheels can't transmit into force, but heat, cause the input is backwards

HELLO ANYBODY?! Get serious!
It's not Sony or Polyphony who is the problem.
It's Logitech in the first place who doesn't support the PS3 and Sonys products.
So why not ask them first, what's 'wrong' with 'their' wheels.
As an example: do you think, if the PS3 doesn't support mouse hardware from Logitech, you badly want to use with your PS3, Sony should fix that issue immediately?!
Seriously. It's Logitech! They don't support the PS3.
Sony doesn't have access to the bios programming tools from Logitech anyway.

It's Logitech in the first place who doesn't support the PS3 and Sonys products.
As an example: do you think, if the PS3 doesn't support mouse hardware from Logitech, you badly want to use with your PS3, Sony should fix that issue immediately?!
Explain the dfgt. And the fact that the g25/g27 is fully supported on other ps3 games.

Explain the dfgt. And the fact that the g25/g27 is fully supported on other ps3 games.

Fully support? What about the PS button? Can you assign it to any button on the G25?
The DFGT? What do you want to say with this? It's a hardware ment to support the PS3. The G25 was not ment to be this way. Just because product a is yellow doesn't mean that product b is yellow, too.

Fully support? What about the PS button? Can you assign it to any button on the G25?
The DFGT? What do you want to say with this? It's a hardware ment to support the PS3. The G25 was not ment to be this way. Just because product a is yellow doesn't mean that product b is yellow, too.

Fair enough on the PS button but I think everyone's more concerned with in-game functionality and support.
The g25 is hardware meant to support the ps3 as well whether you like it or not, the software is built of the same platform as the dfgt thus product b is yellow. The dfgt is built in conjunction with GT so yes it will always work better with GT5 but BOTH ARE supported by the ps3.

Oh and this is a petition, meant for signing - kindly shut up and post somewhere else.
To OP, I apologize for making 3 posts in here now.

those wheels work perfectly fine except for that one button, in all other games.

And nobody is asking for the playstation button here, we want the same functionality that is possible in other driving games.

SCORPiON5150

+1 On the ALL Fanatec Wheels
+2 On G25 & G27 Support (WTF PD & Logitech??!?!?!)

Why would the top driving sim out not support ALL the top hardware out? Seems ridiculous PD and Logitech can't agree on software / firmware issues. Not sure why there's no Fanatec support but that is just ridiculous too!

Back