Peugeot Reveals New 208 Hatchback Ahead of Geneva Reveal

That's a handsome little puddle jumper, although it would probably look better with black wheels.

Is it me, or does this car remind anyone else a bit of the 205? Especially the shape of the rear pillar... :odd: I'm thinking that's what Peugeot were going for but either way, it's quite an interesting design.

I was just thinking the same.

Audi did that front end 10 years ago in the A1... but it's alright looking. At least that's one car that doesn't seem to grow with each generation.

I like it. I am looking forward to Peugeot/Citroën/DS/Opel/Vauxhall finally making it's way to the US. Yeah, it'll probably be 90% SUVs because we Americans are stupid that way, but the 10% that are actual cars will be fun.

Interesting to see all the tech stuff, including the EV powertrain in the next Corsa later this year. Interior looks really smart.

Audi did that front end 10 years ago in the A1... but it's alright looking. At least that's one car that doesn't seem to grow with each generation.

Now that you mention it, i can't get the image off my head. It legit has some Audi A1 vibes on the front

Whoa! It actually looks nice!? What!?

Truth be told, I didn't like the way the previous 208 looked.
Peugeot2080615(8).jpg

Other than the tearducts under the headlights, I like the overall simplicity of the design and the three-bar motif repeated on the front and the back.

Whoa! It actually looks nice!? What!?

Truth be told, I didn't like the way the previous 208 looked.
Peugeot2080615(8).jpg

I always found the 3 door to be better looking. It seemed far sportier as it had a different door crease and window design with the additional flair where the GTI badging is placed:
Peugeot_208_GTi_Edition_Definitive_2018_white_2.jpg

Both models of the current 208 don't compare to the new one though, that's a massive leap forward! 👍

The wheel arch trim is a definite nod to the 205, along with the D pillar forms. I like it.

I really like the way that looks. America won't ever get it though. Of course that is because america needs brodozers and crossovers.

The awkward moment you can't joke about a Corsa anymore because not based on a 14 year old Fiat platform and actually looks good now... :boggled: The new Corsa F has been leaked, more specifically the eCorsa Electric variant which runs on the same zero-emission powertrain as the e208:
d3146385-2020-opel-corsa-leaked-photos-3.jpg

57b0624d-2020-opel-corsa-leaked-photos-6.jpg

7e0eae7b-2020-opel-corsa-leaked-photos-5.jpg

Details are very scare about it now since it was intended to be revealed in September, but expect it to have the same ICE options as the regular 208.

Groupe PSA has some seriously sharp styling chops right now.

Right? If the announcement of PSA merging with Opel/Vauxhall was announced 10 years ago, it would be perceived as the collaboration of the most dreary automakers on the market. New vehicles like the 208 and Corsa show they are a force to be reckoned with now! 👍

That is surprisingly decent for an Opel product. No doubt the name Corsa will be enough to pull its reviews down a little bit further, though.

There haven't been many modern Peugeots that I disliked looks-wise. I mean, I consider the 206, 406, 307, and the RCZ as some of my favorite Peugeot models ever. This new 208 is not entirely gorgeous, but I do think it is a very stylish hatchback. I would go as far as to say Peugeot should bring this and the RCZ if Peugeot ever wanted to return to the United States much like how Alfa Romeo wanted to return to the USA. So my thoughts on this 208? Simple- me likey.

Swiss Peugeot dealership is commemorating 205 Turbo Group B rally car with 208 Rallye which respects the old Rallyes in looks and equipment but lacks power to weight. Wierd that pre-facelift is used but it fits better than facelift. I kinda understand that Peugot as a brand wants to go premium and that kinda explains the lack of official Rallye (I would love 208, 308 even some SUV/crossover Rallye), but lack of GTI/PSE etc versions is wierd. 308 and 208 really need that.

Looks okay, but that 1165kg is a bit high in this class. With that powertrain, it should be in the region of the Swift Sport at 970kg Or even the normal Swift, at 880kg. Yaris(1060kg) and Mazda2(1110kg) also undercut it.

Back