PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 978 comments
Congrats to Steve Stricker on winning the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial.

The event went to a 3 player playoff with Stricker,Tim Clark,Steve Marino.
They re-played the par 4 17th.

Stricker's approach from the middle of the fairway nearly rolled in the hole before stopping 3 feet away for a chance at a winning birdie putt.Just when it looked like that couldn't be topped, Tim Clark's approach almost hit the pin which would have left him closer. Instead, he's left with 22 footer as the ball rolled back away.Steve Marino,who had to hit a low shot after finding the trees left,came up short of the green which pretty much took him out of the picture unless he can chip it in.....he could not do it.Stricker birdies and wins.

Tim Clark could have possibly won without going into a playoff but he missed a 12ft. par putt on the 72nd hole to keep him from his 1st ever PGA Tour victory.

The ladies were duking it out at the LPGA State Farm Classic this weekend,a lot of changes on the leaderboard this weekend,but in the end it was In-Kyung Kim,who fought from behind to win,edging out Se Ri Pak,to take a 1 stroke victory.3rd round leaders Cristy Kerr and Kristy Mcpherson fell upon hard times in the final round,which opened the door for Paula Creamer and Angela Stanford until they fell,which led to Kim's ultimate victory.

On the mens side of things,Tiger Woods gets a win today at the Memorial by shooting a -7 (65) against Jim Furyk's -3 (69) today,holding Furyk off to take a 1 stroke victory.

Full leaderboard :
http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/r023/

Congratulations to In-Kyung Kim and Tiger Woods this weekend.

LPGA :
A very nice round of golf played by 22 year old Swedish rookie , Anna Nordqvist, She captured the title at the McDonalds LPGA Championship in just her 5th LPGA appearance.
Rounds of (66-70-69-68) was good enough to hold off 2nd place Lindsey Wright of Australia whose rounds were (70-68-69-70).

Congrats Anna

PGA :
The guys are headed to Bethpage State Park (Black Course) in Farmingdale N.Y. this week for the U.S. Open.

Who do you like this week ?

PGA Tour Power Ranking headed into this years U.S. Open.

http://www.pgatour.com/2009/r/06/15/power.rankings.usopen/index.html

Good luck guys !

Congrats Tiger for your win at the AT&T National held in Bethesda Md. this weekend.

Hunter Mahan was the man on Tigers tail this weekend,he had Tiger up until the 16th hole,but thats when Tiger made a 20-foot birdie putt to overtake hard-charging Hunter Mahan for a one-shot victory at the AT&T National.

Final Board -
http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/r471/index.html

For the Ladies,it was Eunjung Yi at the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic held in Highland Meadows Golf Club, Sylvania, OH.

Yi took Morgan Pressel to a playoff and won it on the 1st hole.Yi finished the week at 18-under-par 266 (68-66-61-71), and beat out runner-up Morgan Pressel (64-68-67-67=266, -18)

Final Board -
http://www.lpgascoring.com/leaderboard.html

Some great finishes this weekend in the world of golf.

Well. I haven't been to this thread in awhile, played stableford today with Aron Price's dad, Ray. I Shot 40 points and Ray shot 22 points. After the round he was nice enough to give an Augusta US Masters ball marker which is pretty nice of him. Hopefully I can bring my handicap down to 25.

Last edited:
Tiger Woods is unstoppable at Firestone !!!

For the 7th time has has won the WGC Bridgestone Invitational ( 1999-2001 , 2005-2007 , 2009 ) setting a new PGA Tour record for most victories in a single tournament.This victory moves him to within 3 victories of tying Jack Nicklaus for 2nd place on the all time victory list.

For more on this past weeks WGC Bridgestone Invitational,you can check this out

This weeks final results

Congratulations Tiger Woods 👍

Tiger also got fined for speaking out publicly about an official. The irony is that Tiger wasn't defending himself, but rather another player, Padraig Harrington, who performed poorly after they were both pressed on time by an official.

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20090811/tiger-woods-fined-by-pga-for-speaking-out/

It always bothers me that pro athletes get fined for speaking out against rules and officials. I understand it is to cut down on them attempting to blame a loss on officials who are just doing their job, thus being unsportsman-like, but in this case he is speaking out in defense of a competitor, and showing great sportsmanship in doing so. If I were Tiger I would write a check for two fines and say a bit more regarding the fine and how he is only pointing out that officials are affecting the game negatively.

I mean, it isn't as if the PGA will ban him. They need him.

^

I seen that,it was the 16th in which Padraig also blew the lead,handing it over to Tiger.

Too much pressure ( from Tiger and the officials ? ) - forced him to choke ?????

Even if the PGA fines him.......it's just a "drop in the bucket" for Tiger.

I am actually kind of excited about this weekend knowing it will only be about an hour away from me.

Well, it looks like Tiger is not getting fined, which is good. From what I see it seems less like he was commenting on the officials doing their job and more like he was refusing to be credited for a win after the pressure had been put on them. He probably would have preferred a close game until the end.

I bought these for Heather. She is left handed but its too hard to find left hand clubs so she plays right handed. We just started golfing and since she really enjoys it I figured she needed her own clubs.
I went out about 3 weeks ago with my dad and I did decent with some tips. I actually got a part on the last hole!!!
I took her out for her first time about 2 weeks ago. This weekend I bought the set and we went to the driving range and hit 160 balls.
Ladies Tour Logic Golf Clubs and Cart Bag 18 piece
41w0JKoY-uL._AA260_.jpg

^

Very nice aquisition CAMAROBOY69,hope you and your girlfriend have fun out there on the course.

LPGA News

The women are at Rich Harvest Farms,Sugar Grove Illinois this week for the 2009 Solheim Cup (U.S.A. -vs- Europe).The teams are set and here's what they look like.

Solheim Cup teams

Good luck ladies,this years event should be a great one.

Well very exciting round for me I justed played an hour ago, I switched my Driver/Irons
(3-SW) set to:

Ping G5 Driver 10.5 Degrees
product1_25245.jpg

Taylormade Rac Irons 05
taylor-made-rac-os-ii-ladies-irons-5-sw.jpg

Kept my old PGF Fairway Woods/Rescue Chipper/Putter. This set feels almost perfect for me

Thinking of getting a Taylormade Rac Lob Wedge(60 degrees), anyone got some on GTP? If so, are they worth and should I put it on my wishlist for Christmas?

Last edited:
Stavingo :

I have hit the Taylor Made wedges ( friend has a set ),in my opinion,they feel kind of on the heavy side for a wedge.I myself keep the Cleveland CG12's as arsenal in my bag.

Stavingo :

I have hit the Taylor Made wedges ( friend has a set ),in my opinion,they feel kind of on the heavy side for a wedge.I myself keep the Cleveland CG12's as arsenal in my bag.

Ok cool, just wondering what wedge I should get for christmas.

Well, my golfing is done this year. My recent heart stuff (see my sig) has put an end to that, and I never made it out this year. It was always too wet until about a month ago.

Well, my golfing is done this year. My recent heart stuff (see my sig) has put an end to that, and I never made it out this year. It was always too wet until about a month ago.

Well all the best with that and hopefully you can have a speedy recovery:tup:

Ok cool, just wondering what wedge I should get for christmas.

Please don't go out and buy these Clevelands based on my opinion,you personally may not like the way they feel.

Do you have a Pro Shop around that you can go to and try out clubs ?
That would be the best thing to do.We have a shop up here that will let you take a complete set out and play them (deposit required obviously),but thats a pretty cool way of letting you try out different clubs.

edit :
FK,take your time recovering,the golf courses will still be there next summer.👍
Bionic man - 550 yard drives , no par 5 is safe now with you on the course. :lol: and :nervous:

Please don't go out and buy these Clevelands based on my opinion,you personally may not like the way they feel.

Do you have a Pro Shop around that you can go to and try out clubs ?
That would be the best thing to do.We have a shop up here that will let you take a complete set out and play them (deposit required obviously),but thats a pretty cool way of letting you try out different clubs.

Yeah I have a Pro Shop that isn't far from me. Has some nets which you can hit balls into, so I may try that out. Maybe I should have a talk with my golf coach about what wedge I should get. It'll be interesting to see how he replies.

^

Take your time and try them all out,you may find something all together different that you may like.:sly:

One of the guys here at work gave me a couple golf pointers. So Heather and I went to the driving range and I was driving a fairly consistent 200-215 yards. Felt amazing when I actually hit the ball the correct way!

Felt amazing when I actually hit the ball the correct way!

It's things like that,that keep you coming back for more. Good feeling,isn't it ?

On a personal note,there is a 4th annual charity golf outing being held at Willandale Golf Club which I will be attending on Saturday October 10th.There are 15 foursomes already scheduled for this event ($250.00 p/team).It includes breakfast,lunch at the turn,and a steak dinner afterwards.All proceeds will go to a local girl who was involved in a car wreck ( not her fault ) who is 100% paralyzed from the neck down.

The event is called "Play Golf for Peach" (Her nickname...Peach)

It's things like that,that keep you coming back for more. Good feeling,isn't it ?

On a personal note,there is a 4th annual charity golf outing being held at Willandale Golf Club which I will be attending on Saturday October 10th.There are 15 foursomes already scheduled for this event ($250.00 p/team).It includes breakfast,lunch at the turn,and a steak dinner afterwards.All proceeds will go to a local girl who was involved in a car wreck ( not her fault ) who is 100% paralyzed from the neck down.

The event is called "Play Golf for Peach" (Her nickname...Peach)

All the best for your game and for Peach.

Speaking of golf I just played stableford/Irish fourball and got 38/123 points.

I have been selected among with 5 other junior members from my club to play in the "Encourage Shield". Apparently this is a great match play event against other juniors in your division 👍

Now I get to see why I'm on 25 and the person who I verse is of 15 or whatever.

Play for Peach went over quite well.20 foursomes showed up in support for her......very nice indeed.We came in at a -11,not quite good enough to take 1st place who came in at -13.A bogey on a par 3 for us and a birdie for them on the same hole made the difference,a 2 stroke swing in their favor,things happen.Winning was not the biggest thing on Saturday however,it was just nice to get out and show some support for Peach.

Golf is approved for the 2016,2020 olympics by the International Olympic Committee.For more information,read this.

The U.S. remains unbeaten at home in the Presidents Cup.

Led by Tiger,who went 5-0 for the week,the Americans won 19-1/2 to 14-1/2.

Last sunday my Encourage Shield Matchplay Tournament started. We versed Cronulla Golf Club at Beverley Park Golf Club and unfortunately lost 2.5 to 3. Im happy because I won my match on the 13th. Watching the match between the reserves was amazing. Our reserve came back from 5 down on 12th to 1 up at the end.

Next week I'm playing at Rosnay verses Bardwell Valley Golf Club, should be exciting.

Last edited:
Back