PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 973 comments
I entered the second week of Encourage Shield last sunday. Playing Bardwell Valley at Rosnay. I found that this course had quite alot of local rules, as said from one of the board of directors from Rosnay. Our team was looking for a win since of last week, we were thristy. I ended my match all square, the reserve and 3 other team members won. We happily had our first team victory 4 to 1.5, then we walked into the club and had some cool finger food.

Now we walk into a gruesome battle at Cronulla verses Rosnay, apparently one of their seeds is of 5 and yet our best seed is of 16. Going to be very interesting.

Well, I may as well update you guys on my Encourage Shield:

Well in the match at Cronulla, our team unfortunately lost to Rosnay but it was great fun in the time. We ended up losing 2.5 to 3.

This game today was our last week at Bardwell Valley verses Beverley Park and we all wanted to finish on a high note. I was moved back to reserve due to roster reasons and unfortunately lost 4 & 3. Whilst 4 of our other team members won which put us at 4 and our opponents at 1.5

Now heres the interesting thing about Encourage Shield.
It's not based on how many points you get in your division from all matches but about how many wins you get.

What are your thoughts about this?
I think it's a good idea but what about a team like mine whos consistent at losing by half a point? Points wise we are beating everyone by heaps (As my teamates say) But we've only came across two wins.....

Also, the two top teams are going at it (Cronulla vs. Bardwell Valley) both with two wins. So whoever wins there will obviously go into playing further into playing the other 16 Divisions.

There all my experiences wrapped up from the last couple of weeks, hope to hear some more golf stories from you contributors in this thread.

Well, I may as well update you guys on my Encourage Shield:

Well in the match at Cronulla, our team unfortunately lost to Rosnay but it was great fun in the time. We ended up losing 2.5 to 3.

What are your thoughts about this?
I think it's a good idea but what about a team like mine whos consistent at losing by half a point? Points wise we are beating everyone by heaps (As my teamates say) But we've only came across two wins.....

There all my experiences wrapped up from the last couple of weeks, hope to hear some more golf stories from you contributors in this thread.

Hey,you guys gave a gallant effort,thats all that counts,at least you tried.Good job on making it that far.

As far as what I think : I think that it's very comparable to how our College Football BCS rankings works here in the states ..... it doesn't,it's unfair.

My golf season is over,clubs are cleaned up,polished,put away for the winter.Just can't wait for spring again.

Hey,you guys gave a gallant effort,thats all that counts,at least you tried.Good job on making it that far.

As far as what I think : I think that it's very comparable to how our College Football BCS rankings works here in the states ..... it doesn't,it's unfair.

My golf season is over,clubs are cleaned up,polished,put away for the winter.Just can't wait for spring again.

Yeah, pretty good effort considering that it was the first time we entered this competition. Coming second in our division is pretty good.

Ahh yes, total opposite of the seasons over here, we're starting summer soon enough.

Ahh yes, total opposite of the seasons over here, we're starting summer soon enough.

Want to trade seasons ? :lol:

Curious to see something Stavingo.Insert some links for some of the courses that you have over there in Australia,some that you have played on.I kind of want to compare them to courses we have over here that I have played on.

Want to trade seasons ? :lol:

Curious to see something Stavingo.Insert some links for some of the courses that you have over there in Australia,some that you have played on.I kind of want to compare them to courses we have over here that I have played on.

Here are some of the golf courses I play, most of them have a gallery so you can see some pics. :)

The one that Tiger Woods is playing on (Leading at -10): http://www.kingstonheath.com.au/guests/golf/play.mhtml

The club I have membership to:
http://www.kareelagolf.com.au/site/

Club where I get my tuition:
http://www.sutherland.nsw.gov.au/ss...D422ACA2575F60020EAE5?OpenDocument#golfcourse (No pics for this one, very new golf course)

Other Courses I've played:
http://www.bexleygolf.com.au/
http://wollongong.citysearch.com.au/E/V/WOLLO/0011/32/02/1.html

Clubs I would like to play in the near future in Australia:
http://www.bonvillegolf.com.au/

Speaking of which, my coach reconstructed my swing and I'm really hitting the ball straight with slight draw. Any of you golfers have a video of your swings? My coach does but I don't.

^

Some good looking courses 👍.Agreed,Bonnville looks great.I too would like to play that one.
No videos of my swing.My local golf pro has mine as well.

Stavingo, Bexley and Kareela are beautiful courses. :drool:

Yes, there pretty good but both short. Both are around Par 65, and Bexley is in need of maintainence.

Kareela is starting to see it's better form after getting a new greenskeeper.

I should try to get a game in at Bexley, haven't played there in ages.

How about Michelle Wie ? Capturing her first LPGA Tour victory at the Lorena Ochoa invitational held in Guadalajara, Mexico. Michelle shot rounds of 70-66-70-69 = 275 (-13) on the par 72 Guadalajara Country Club.

A long time coming Michelle,congratulations on your 1st tour victory,your first of many more to come.For more on this,check out whats happening on the LPGA Tour.

Now that Michelle has that monkey off her back,can she be any more relaxed and play a little more consistently,possibly becoming a future star of the LPGA Tour ? This weekends event - (The Inaugural) LPGA Tour Championship,held at The Houstonian Golf & Country Club (Par 72 / 6650yds.),Houston,Texas.Can Michelle contend here ?

Here are the first round pairings.

Michelle will be in some tough company for round 1.

Start Time : 11:50 AM
Cristie Kerr
Michelle Wie
Christina Kim

I can't wait for tomorrow, I'm going to watch the Australian Open and have half a day of school! :D

It'll be cool to see some players like Appleby and Lonard along with Baddeley.

I can't wait for tomorrow, I'm going to watch the Australian Open and have half a day of school! :D

It'll be cool to see some players like Appleby and Lonard along with Baddeley.

Just to rub it in but......I can watch all day :D j/k....ahhhhhh end of yr 12 is sooo good. And I love watching the golf....almost as much as the tennis. Bring on the Hopman and Aussie open!

So what do you all think of Tiger's situation ? :ouch:

There's a lot of stories / gossip going on about this one.

I reckon some stories are true - but there's like a girl a day coming foreward these days, so while I think maybe he did sleep around - the girls coming out about it these days are trying to get publicity.

News this morning is that last night a blonde woman was taken from his house in an ambulance and then later another blonde showed up at the hospital in an Escalade with a license plate only one number off from the one Tiger wrecked.

Apparently his wife's mother and sister were in town so no one knows who is in the hospital, and why, or what is going on.

News this morning is that last night a blonde woman was taken from his house in an ambulance and then later another blonde showed up at the hospital in an Escalade with a license plate only one number off from the one Tiger wrecked.

Apparently his wife's mother and sister were in town so no one knows who is in the hospital, and why, or what is going on.

News told us that it was the mother in law.

Back