themebanner2gu.jpg

"Supra Festival"

Cars:Any Supra
Tracks: Any
Phototravel: yes
Poll Size: All
Further explanation of the theme:
rules4sj.jpg

• Winner will pick the theme for the following week.
  • Post your final entry in red letters. Such as “Final Entry”
  • A preview image may be used, but it may be no bigger than 300*400 pixels by either photo orientation.
  • You may change your Final Entry once. If if you do so, please edit your original entry make a new post linking to it.
  • Do not use an entry from a previous competition.
  • You may post one honorable mention.
  • Only one entry may be submitted.

Allowed Photoshop tools list:

• Lasso
  • Crop
  • Clone Stamp
  • Smudge-blur-sharpen Tools
  • dodge-burn-sponge Tools
  • gradient
Allowed Photoshop adjustments:

• Levels
  • Curves
  • Color Balance
  • Brightness/Contrast
  • Black&White
  • Hue/Saturation (you may adjust however you wish)
  • Desaturate
  • Photo Filters
  • Shadow/Highlight
  • Exposure

Allowed Photoshop Filters:

• Blur
  • distort>diffuse glow
  • Noise
  • Render>Lighting Effects
  • Sharpen
  • Other> High Pass

[Note:No plug-ins for any of the above adjustments or filters are to be used]

What you may not do to a photo.

• You may not alter the geometry of the car. This includes adding body kits, stickers, etc.
  • You may not add/remove anything from the car (spoilers, carbon fiber, intercoolers...not even if you use allowed tools/effects) RIMS ARE THE EXCEPTION FOR ADDITIONS.
  • Nothing from outside GT4 may be added to your photo.

What you may do a photo:

• You may migrate wheels from phototravel to in-game photomode
  • scale (or enlarge) rims
  • remove license plates
deadlinebanner6ch.jpg

Monday June 15th.

Last edited:
After this week, the winner may not enter his chosen theme week.
However Nuno, you may enter this week 👍

Wow Sweetshop! Just wow! The rate at which you have improved lately is stunning! Did you use a time portal or something?! :P

I've got finals on Thursday, but after that I should be able to get something in. After all, the theme is focussed on my dreamcar! 👍

I'll definitely get in an entry for this. Except I'm doing mine in the old MA70, because I feel it's best.

now it is, but why cant i have it fat, and with a line under it??

You can, Nicknamealguem wasn't referring to the title. Your preview size must be 400px on the longest edge, your preview is too large.

Rules
A preview image may be used, but it may be no bigger than 300*400 pixels by either photo orientation.

Now that I read it again, the rule of 300x400px by either orientation would make my preview against the rules, but if I cut it down to 300x400px I would miss out part of my photo, surely the rule should be changed to no bigger than 400px on the largest edge.

so i must make the 400px sized side 300, ahh (is crap a 🤬 word actually)

I'm not sure tbh. As Lucas points out alot of other comps operate the 400px on the longest edge rule, I just thought that was standard in all.

EDIT: Actually looking through comps, I don't think any operate that rule! I don't know why though.

Last edited:
400X300 or 300X400 means the same, it depends on whether the image is standing or laying down 👍

I noticed something. SweetshopUnion, there's no need for the preview to be exactly the 400x300. I know it may seems like I'm treating you for stupid, as it is very simple to read it. But it's a preview after all. As long as it is easy to see it, it shouldn't matter so much about the size. Just my thoughts, you know?

Am I losing competitions just because the size of my previews are too small...?

I agree. I could just resize my preview so the smallest edge is 300px, that was the longest edge will come in at around 390px. It's just I always thought 400px on the longest edge was the rule for most comps and alot easier to remember/resize to.

Back