Photomode Tutorials

• Thread starter jakenj9
  • 27 comments
There's a photomode for the console version of the game? I was having a hard time finding any info on it pre-release.

It's not very well documented that's for sure, I think I saw it hiding in the pause menu when on the track...

Doesn't seem possible to enter when watching a replay :(

It's not very well documented that's for sure, I think I saw it hiding in the pause menu when on the track...

Doesn't seem possible to enter when watching a replay :(
That's not so much a problem. I would much rather have it that way, then the other way around. Sucks though, as you wont be able to go through online replay's. Either way, I never really cared for those as they usually took away from the models when having to many cars on track.

There is a basic photo mode on console but it's poor.

As has already been mentioned it's in the pause menu, trying to pause a live race to get a great shot is going to be a nightmare, I can't believe there is no option to takes photos whilst in a replay. :(

I think I have been used to Drive Clubs excellent photo mode so on Pcars you just press pause to then go to take photo. The camera angle is limited on Pcars so no very low shots or moving around freely out of zone, no interior shots :(( no damage on/off and no choice of adjusting intensity of filters once chosen..It is ok for a quick picture but as said you have to be quick to pause while racing for action shots. I am hoping as well for more options in this mode as taking photos is enjoyable for me but I do understand this is a sim first and foremost and the racing is more important of course and this can always be improved on over time:tup:

...but I do understand this is a sim first and foremost and the racing is more important of course and this can always be improved on over time:tup:
A valid point, however, after all that effort SMS took to make the cars so realistic visually, well...it seems a bit odd to miss out on an equally thorough photo mode. I mean, surely they would understand that people would want to capture moments of sheer beauty?

A shame and a missed, free advertising opportunity for SMS.

A valid point, however, after all that effort SMS took to make the cars so realistic visually, well...it seems a bit odd to miss out on an equally thorough photo mode. I mean, surely they would understand that people would want to capture moments of sheer beauty?

A shame and a missed, free advertising opportunity for SMS.

Yes that is what I can't understand as the photomode on other games has become as big as the racing..I hope they realise this and how many use photo mode and tweak it with a nice patch in future. It is shame with all the lovely scenery and car detail not to have a Free camera to capture everything with 👍

Be interesting to know what other folks are using, being able to take and share photos is an important part of the game for many (present company included.)

Foster, this is the method I'm using.

- Take photo

- Press menu button (after exiting out of race or garage)

- Choose Driver Network Profile

- Right button over to Highlights

- Choose the option for Replays by pressing Y

- View photo

- Take screenshot using Kinect or Guide button

- Open the Upload App

- Go to My Captures and choose photo

- Usually have to wait for a few then press menu and choose share

- Choose either the Twitter or OneDrive option to upload

- Both use the full file size and OneDrive is easier

- Just go to https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/

- Use Microsoft account info to sign in same as fm.net

Hope I didn't miss a step.

Would be great if the process was a bit more user friendly.

- Take photo

- View photo

- Open the Upload App

Thanks Assimilate, been a while since I have been here, time to get caught up.

- Take photo

- View photo

- Open the Upload App

Hey guys I just switched over from PS4 to Xbox One and also just rebought Project Cars for Xbox One...
I'm noticing an issue where when I take the photo in photo mode the photo is completely fine but when you go to retrieve it from the Drivers Network it's A LOT darker
is it just me or does anyone else have this issue?
Does anyone know a way around this? (I don't have photo shop) Does anyone know how much to play around with the settings in photomode so that it won't turn out as bad?

Back