Photos and images distorted at GTP

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 63 comments
I'm sure he's doing his best to fix the issue.

Yes, I understand that. I was just more or less looking for an update from him....just wondering what he has come up with so far, that's all. No need to beat me down just for being inquisitive. :)

It's not going well at all and is proving to be a very difficult problem to solve. I've temporarily disabled the resizing for images embedded from other websites and have flushed the proxy cache so they should appear normally now.

Images uploaded to posts as attachments were not affected by this bug and will still be resized.

I can confirm that all embedded images are back to normal now in the forum threads.

The only thing I can see is that attached images in ones profile page (information/about) is still not showing, maybe that is a different system to the threads.

Hmm, that attachment doesn't appear to be on the server at all, as if it was deleted. It shouldn't have been affected by any of these recent changes.

I can confirm that all embedded images are back to normal now in the forum threads.

The only thing I can see is that attached images in ones profile page (information/about) is still not showing, maybe that is a different system to the threads.
Hmm, that attachment doesn't appear to be on the server at all, as if it was deleted. It shouldn't have been affected by any of these recent changes.
Sorry for that confusion. The image I had in my profile was taken from an attachment in a PM, and that PM/image had subsequently been deleted so of course it disappeared from my profile too.
Didn't make the connection until now.

Personally, I'd set the width limit to ~1000 px rather than 800 px if only for the fact that it fits better with the wide page format.

Image quality for anything that was larger than 800 px wide also seemed to take a bit of a hit after the resizing. Though I guess it does beat putting up with images that members neglect to downsize themselves. Especially direct photo uploads from mobile devices.

Thx for the efforts.
Second this. 👍

Personally, I'd set the width limit to ~1000 px rather than 800 px if only for the fact that it fits better with the wide page format.

Image quality for anything that was larger than 800 px wide also seemed to take a bit of a hit after the resizing.
Second this. 👍

It's not going well at all and is proving to be a very difficult problem to solve. I've temporarily disabled the resizing for images embedded from other websites and have flushed the proxy cache so they should appear normally now.

Images uploaded to posts as attachments were not affected by this bug and will still be resized.

Thanks Jordan for the update, appreciate the communication. 👍 Sorry to hear you're having problems still, hopefully you'll get it all worked out without too much more stress. Technology....love it when it works, hate it when it doesn't. :lol: I too can confirm my images are back to normal btw. Thanks again for all your efforts and everything you do, you are definitely the gear that keeps this whole thing going. :bowdown:

This is only one members opinion but I think the way the forum works now is
the best mix of how images are uploaded and I wish it wouldn't change.

Eight out of ten times I use the "Upload a File" option and GTP automatically
converts it to 800p in width. This is excellent and a great way of reducing large
pages in the threads.

But from time to time I do want to be able to show more details in an image and
have it larger than 800, and so I link to my photobucket account.
This way it can still be shown as 800p+.

I understand you are currently working on having everything set to 800p maximum, Jordan.
Even the images that aren't uploaded through Upload a File.
If you hadn't run into some problems back in March it would probably already be in effect.

I hope you change your mind and keep it the way it is now but again, it's just one guys opinion here.

I had lots of trouble getting it to work and it's since dropped far, far down my to-do list, so you're in luck for now, @JockeP22.

Eight out of ten times I use the "Upload a File" option and GTP automatically
converts it to 800p in width. This is excellent and a great way of reducing large
pages in the threads.

I also use the "upload a File" option and recently the files do not automatically resize to 800p. Therefore I have to resize each picture manually. Did something recently change?

Nope, nothing changed. This image was originally 3133 pixels wide, and was resized as expected.

nissan-gtr-lm-lemans-1.jpg

recently the files do not automatically resize to 800p
Just checking (and I might sound dumb), when that has happened were they smaller than 800p?
Because it won't enlarge to 800, only reduce. And if it's 1-800 it will be unaffected.
As far as I know..

^ That's correct, smaller images won't be "upsized" to 800 pixels in width.

Just tries to upload 30 pictures and the same problem arises, not loading. I even tried to upload one picture, not loading.

the pictures are Jpg 1920 x 1080 vary from 1.1MB up to 1.73MB.

Before it was a seem less process, however now I need some help.

Your thoughts? Suggestions? Settings I should check?

Those images should be OK to upload. Can you describe the process you are using to upload them in more detail? What do you mean by they are "not loading"; do you see an error message or a broken image of some kind?

I even went back to some older pictures which I have posted and now I can no longer upload them. Just stays at loading with 0%.

I click on the "upload a file button" I then choose the pictures, hit enter, At this time I am brought back to this screen and the images use to start loading. A bar graph was shown with the progress. Above the graph was the option to add images as full size or thumb nail. Now just stays at 0%. No error msg, no broken images. If I click on the cancel button to the right, nothing happens, the cancel button will high lite , but nothing changes, does not cancel the image I am trying to upload.

Strange, I'm not really sure what would cause that, nor can I replicate it.

What operating system and browser are you using? If I had to guess, you may have some type of security software or browser plugin which is blocking the uploads. Try using another browser on your computer and see if it will upload with that; it may help you find the source of the problem.

windows 8.0 Mozilla.

I just changed the image to .PNG and it uploaded. Does that give you any clues or ideas?

OT for this thread but, been hunting for several minutes and cannot find the "button" to create a new album. Help?

Back