Physical training

• Thread starter KTZ
  • 10 comments

KTZ

France
Metz, France
GTP_ktz_
Hey everyone, how are you guys doing ? So, i create this thread because i'm looking for tips for physical training. I was planning on taking part in the upcoming FIA Online championship as a driving preparation for GT Academy 2016 but the problem is... i'm fat (1.84m tall for 105kgs). I tried several times to do some jogging for atleast 45 mins everyday but i always gave up approximately after one week because i lost my motivation. I also can't restrain myself when it comes to eating, i end up coming back to normal if i go on a diet for 1-2 weeks. I used to play football but i never lost weight though i remained stable during these football years and i don't know what i could do to lose weight and get a good physical condition. I'm willing to change, to be slim and to be in a good physical shape. I've been working on my driving recently, going to karting,etc. The more i practice the more addicted i become. My only barrier is my physical shape which i want to change. I'm looking for anything that could help me breaking this barrier and giving me enough motivation to do so. If anyone has some tips, i'd be really grateful.

IMO, the only aspect of physical shape you need to be concerned with, is running...run, run, run. I wish I had ran more..If someone does become GT Academy champion, no matter what shape they are in, they will be molded into even better shape via DDP.

To race a car for a very long time, has everything to do with concentration, lack of endurance will affect that concentration.

Core strength is important as well of course, but if there was one aspect I'd concentrate on more than anything, it's running.

Put your fav music in your ears, better yet, put audio of race cars in your ears, and run until you literally can't, whether it be because you throw up or fall down. :P each day you will go a little bit further. If you lose your motivation, remind yourself its because you obviously don't want it bad enough. The persons who truly wants it the most will succeed. That bit about motivation is something that is true for a lot in life, not just becoming a race car driver.

I'd reccomend trying to get into some circuit training. Doing a bunch of different excersises at an accelerated pace will not only build core stability and overall strength, but will burn a crap load of calories and burn fat faster than most other excrsises.

I'd reccomend trying to get into some circuit training. Doing a bunch of different excersises at an accelerated pace will not only build core stability and overall strength, but will burn a crap load of calories and burn fat faster than most other excrsises. Add some sprints into that training as well.

Most importantly, have fun doing it. If you're not enjoying the time you spend at a gym, you most likely will give up. Also, be honest with yourself, don't go eat a doubled up burrito from chipotle and wonder why you're not losing weight. Eat healthy, train hard and you'll be surprised how your outlook on life changes.

HAVE FUN!!

Thanks for the replies guys. But do you think that going out running 3-4 times a week (until i can't anymore) is enough ? As my timetable is quite tight sometimes idk if i'll be able to go out and run everyday but if i can i'll do so.

Honestly, you just need to do some cardio, it doesn't have to be running necessarily. Anything that can get you out of breath and your heart rate going will do the trick. I would recommend to work on flexibility too. Start stretching everyday, especially your hamstrings, you don't want to be the guy that pulls something and can't run anymore. 👍

KTZ
Thanks for the replies guys. But do you think that going out running 3-4 times a week (until i can't anymore) is enough ? As my timetable is quite tight sometimes idk if i'll be able to go out and run everyday but if i can i'll do so.

The first few weeks it's probably more than sufficient to run twice a week only - your body needs to get used to the exercise and will have a hard time recovering initially. That's part of why it seems hard to keep going. Once you're past that you will start to feel that you have more energy every day and then you can step up your intensity of training.

But honestly if you are really serious about this, you should have a meeting with a real trainer. Unlike us random online people, a real trainer can assess your capabilities and areas of attention (things that can be very personal; some people are just terrible runners for instance), from which a personal training schedule can be designed.

I was fat just like you and I lost 20 kilo in just 5 months .... according to my experience this is what I was doing to loos fat and become fit . everyday walk for 1 hour . Just walk every single day wheather you have the mood or not . start jogging . The first time I ran just 5mn and I stopped ... Now I can run an entire hour without stopping . don't look at the people that run faster and longer .... run really on your own pace and make goals . For example this week I have to run 20mn or 30mn without stopping depends on you level , then the following week make it 25 or 35mn . The first week I hated jogging and sport , but even I was hating that I just couldn't stop , now it became an addiction . Always think about the opportunity , why are you running .
Eating : the less you eat the better . At least don't eat garbage like chocolate or chips or any other thing . drink nothing but water . even juice forget about it . energy drinks too . Energy drinks are for people that train 4-5 hours per day and need energy ! you have energy which is your body fat . don't eat and go out for a jog . when you eat you have to wait for 3h before you go out for a run , that's why it is better to run at early morning because your stomach is empty and your body doesn't find other choice than consuming your body fat . After you finish your jogging , do some pushups and work on your abs .... Always think about the opportunity When you are tired thats when you are progressing NO PAIN NO GAIN . I Hope this will help you man , Good luck :)

I'd agree with all the comments here - Its important to remember that to achieve your goals your looking at a lifestyle change and that is the hardest thing to achieve, your resolve to complete this goal will be tested daily, and the challenge to maintain a level of motivation will be the part that fails first. It will always come down to "Mind over Matter".

It can be harder to see the finish line if you set your Goals to high at the beginning - so set realistic Goals - Goals that can be achieved and measured on week to week basis. Build up these mini goals to achieve and cross that finish line. Most of all don't unrealistically expect to be at the level you want quickly - failure is a huge downfall to motivation. Be a I can do this person- rather than I cant.

Best of luck.

When we were at Silverstone this year, the judges asked us how long we were training for this. They were shocked at some of our answers. They wanted to hear that we were training everyday for years, I didn't start until I made it past New York. They were dissapointed. If this is what you really want to do, get your body and mind ready as much as possible. Go big or go home. Put every ounce of energy you have into getting yourself in top form so you can feel confident about kicking butt in England. If you really want this dream to come true, you shouldn't have a problem putting the time in now. 100% effort, 100% of the time!! If you're finding the exercises too hard, just think about what your life could be if you win. If that's not enough motivation to step up and push, you need to consider whether this is really your dream. Good luck.

Back