PHYSICS UPDATE: Tourist Trophy Demo - First Impressions

• Thread starter amar212
  • 70 comments
VV
Thanks Amar.👍

A few days ago, the official european GT4 champion - a french guy - was invited in Tokyo by PD.
In particular, he met Yamauchi and Kutaragi and he could test TT :

img_4835.3.jpg

Considering this picture, I have a little request for Amar : can you try to connect a DFP on your PAL TT demo ? Thanks. ;)
hmm, looking at the screen and comparing it to the track map, it could be either Infineon Raceway OR...........Donington Park?

amar212
Update #3 available at the end of the first post

Thanks for keeping us posted as you look at the demo in more detail! Sounds like they have added a few nice touches to add even more realism to the game... the altered versions of the race tracks too will be a welcome addition - good spot to see that Suzuka has been altered as well - let's hope it makes the game... The zoom feature in the garage is great, I just wish they had it in GT4 as well... but the updated/superior physics sounds like a tremendous improvement 👍

amar212
First, I have to apologise to all of my PAL friends - since my TV displays both NTSC annd PAL, I thought this review was PAL because it was haded by PAL teritorry officials. Unfortunately, it is NTSC review disc. So, keep the fingers crossed for PAL demo in some time now, I hope.

Damn... so the elusive PAL confirmation remains elusive... as you say, we'll just have to keep waiting with fingers crossed - I'm sure you will know before any of the rest of us either way!

Enjoy the G'n'R :)

amar212
Didn't yet make the 100 m front-wheel driving, but weight of the driver is easiliy transferred to the front fork while braking, making bike lean onto the front-wheel. Done maybe 5 meters and then my thumbs overpushed the stikcs :). I already see the time when one will make a front-wheel drive on the whole Fisco straight.
buster_buell_stoppie_150x20.jpg

Amar, so you have been able to successfully perform stoppies? Is it possible to flip over your handle bars? Further, could you outline the different actions/situations that produce crash animations? Cheers 👍

TM
The zoom feature in the garage is great, I just wish they had it in GT4 as well...
Heh, I still have the GT3 demo in which one can zoom in on the Zonda, Pennzoil and CTR2. Fond memories.:dopey: It will be most useful to be able to zoom in on the finer details of the bikes. (unlike the Super Bird in GT4) :lol:

No, it is not possible to flip over the handles :D. It would be "Lara Croft meets Tourist Trophy" then.

"Crash" animations AKA "falling" animations are produced when you lean too much in slow speeds, when you try to turn your bike on the spot going forward or when you front-crash with the fence. Since only arcade mode is on disposal, I can't verify how much contact with other driver(s) will take to fall off the bike.

Just to mention that going back (with triangle and without reverse lights, of course :)) will trigger a nice animation of legs pushing the bike backward, like in real life. Nice touch there too.

Front-fall is made when you overreact with "stoppies", and back-fall is there when you overreact with back-wheel riding. However, the animation is nice but short and in 0,5 seconds you're back on your seat after a black-frame.

Intresting is that there is no glitching in replay if you fall. The replay goes on, other driver is perfectlly visible, no frame-drop - you just dissaperar for a moment and then everything goes on.

Touring Mars
Thanks for keeping us posted as you look at the demo in more detail! Sounds like they have added a few nice touches to add even more realism to the game... the altered versions of the race tracks too will be a welcome addition - good spot to see that Suzuka has been altered as well - let's hope it makes the game... The zoom feature in the garage is great, I just wish they had it in GT4 as well... but the updated/superior physics sounds like a tremendous improvement 👍

Damn... so the elusive PAL confirmation remains elusive... as you say, we'll just have to keep waiting with fingers crossed - I'm sure you will know before any of the rest of us either way!

Enjoy the G'n'R :)

I got this months OPS2 magazine for the TRD3 demo and it has a piece on TT in it, which while still not 100% PAL confirmation does at least point in the right direction.

I have to say that personally I would be very, very surprised given the European success of the GT series if a PAL release didn't happen.

Still keep everything crossed.

Regards

Scaff

Scaff
I got this months OPS2 magazine for the TRD3 demo and it has a piece on TT in it, which while still not 100% PAL confirmation does at least point in the right direction.

I have to say that personally I would be very, very surprised given the European success of the GT series if a PAL release didn't happen.
They're probably having "translation" delays due to vast amounts of localisation required to cover all the SCEE territories. If it's not the case, they better not be pulling a SCEA and decide against publishing it 👎:grumpy:.

EDIT: As I remember correctly in GT4 when using the DFP, the directional arrows could let you look left/right, I wonder if it works the same in Tourist Trophy?

Attachments

• SCEE.gif
    SCEE.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 55
ALPHA
EDIT: As I remember correctly in GT4 when using the DFP, the directional arrows could let you look left/right, I wonder if it works the same in Tourist Trophy?

Quite right on the DFP left and right, I mapped look back to the down arrow as well, makes it quite easy to look around with the DFP.

As SCEE released GT:C and GT4 Prolouge I'm quite hopeful.

Regards

Scaff

So ****ing awesome, Amar! 👍
I'm so looking forward to this game, collect every bike, becoming photomode addict again :D Can't wait...

Amar, is it possible to highside? In other words, what happens when you pin the throttle on the exit of turns? Is it like SBK2001 where the rear spins, or is it like the Xbox THQ game where you lowside unrealistically?

amar212
Around 30 bikes are on disposal in demo, didn't bother to count. All japanese, except for 2 BMW's.

Physics model differs the wheelbase lenghth in unique way, so it is much easier to turn around the Motegi's 90-turns with smaller 125cc bike then with Hayabusa. But Hayabusa will kick off your head while accelerating on Fisco straight.
Amar, would you care to comment further on the bikes that are available in the demo. Areas of interest include the sounds of the various engine configurations, and the handling differences between racing modified and stock bikes (assuming that you have access to RM bikes.) If you are feeling particularly altruistic, a list of the bikes would be appreciated.;)

Well, there are no "racing bikes" like pofessionaly modded bikes for WGP or something like that - all bikes in demo are street versions.

There are however 5 Kings of Streets availablle - Hayabusa, new Ninja, CBR 1100, Blackbird XX and K1200 S. No Ducatis. Yet. :) It is a demo afterall.

Few motocross models could mean there will be familiar rally stages in the game, and even maybe few new stages suited for motocross.

I even got myself thinking that physics of such accuracy could even give us some trial bikes and stages, but that is purelly wishfull thinking at this point.

Sounds of engines differ very much, as well as differencis between the rpms. As I stated above, I only do not like the sound at low revs, but then again, I never had a CBR XX so I dot really know how does it sounds at low revs :).

There are scooters, maxi-scooters, cross bikes, old street nakeds from 80's and 90's, new beasts as mentioned above and few older japanese models from 70's.

List - if I catch some time :).

Amar, one of the larger gaming websites has reported that TT won’t include an off-road mode. Though that won’t stop the Motards from serving as wicked stunt bikes. :cool:

front.jpg

amar212
List - if I catch some time :)

Lazy dog :P

Yamaha Grand Majesty 250 '05
Suzuki Skywave 250 TypeS '05
Suzuki Skywave 250 SS '05
Honda FTR 223 Tricolor '05
Yamaha TW 225E '05
Kawasaki D-Tracker '05
Honda CB400 SS '05
Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM '05
Suzuki Skywave 650 '05
Yamaha T-Max '05
Honda CBR600RR '05
Yamaha YZF-R6 '05
Suzuki GSX-R 600 '05
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R '05
Suzuki GSX-R 750 '05
Honda CBR 945 FireBlade '02
Honda CBR1000RR '05
Yamaha YZF-R1 '05
Suzuki GSX-R 1000 '05
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R '05
Honda CB1300 superfour '05
Honda CB1300 SUPER BOL D'OR '05
Yamaha TDM 900 '05
Yamaha XJR 1300 '05
Yamaha MT-01 '05
Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa '05
Suzuki GSX 1400 '05
Kawasaki Z1000 '05
Kawasaki Zephyr 1100 '05
Kawasaki ZRX 1200 '05
BMW Motorrad K 1200S '05
Honda VFR '05
Honda CBR 1100 XX '01
BMW Motorrad R1200ST '05
Honda NSR 250R SE '93
Yamaha TZR 250 SPR '95
Honda CB 750 '79
Suzuki GSX 1100S KATANA '00
Honda CB400 four '74
Honda NR '92
Honda RC 162 '61

amar212
There are however 5 Kings of Streets availablle - Hayabusa, new Ninja, CBR 1100, Blackbird XX and K1200 S. No Ducatis. Yet. :) It is a demo afterall.

By ''new Ninja'' you wouldn't by any chance mean the new ZZR 1400?

oh wait...just checked the list and it's not on it. Too bad

Hey!! Great info Amar 👍 👍
speaking of rally ... it will be freaking awesome if we can do this in TT

7slide_ice_racing.jpg

6Ice_Racer_pr_4_1_Joe.jpg

ice arena anyone? :drool:

STINGer71
Lazy dog :P

Honda CBR 954 FireBlade '02
Honda NR750 '92
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R '05
Kawasaki Z1000 '05
Suzuki GSX-R 1000 '05
Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa '05
Yamaha YZF-R1 '05...

Thanks Stinger, it seems that you have a fine selection to choose from whilst you wait on the retail version. Incidentally, how do twin cylinder bikes such as the TDM and the MT-01 sound?

Edit
Ah, I’ve just noticed the RC162. Hailwood impressions here I come.:dopey:

honda_rc162.jpg

Edit 2
Does the demo have an equivalent rider to our goggled friend from GT4?

sambold0sn.jpg

Samberto
Amar, one of the larger gaming websites has reported that TT won’t include an off-road mode. Though that won’t stop the Motards from serving as wicked stunt bikes. :cool:

front.jpg

Well , looking at the bike list I unfortunately see only ONE motard : the Suzuki DRZ 400 SM.
Maybe some other bike which does not have a picture in the official website ?
And whose italian name is different from the japanese or american one ????

Can you drag race bikes in the game? is las Vegas in the game? if so i hope two ppl can race on there. Also! Can you mod bikes with turbos and stuff like in GT? Thanks in advance, i greatly appreciate you answering these questions.

It's great to see that they've included Valencia and the Japanese site is fully updated so it won't be long now. 👍 However, you guys probably saw it too, the new promo vid was a replay of a CBR 600RR being caned around the Valencia track. And after careful observation it seems that they still haven't figured out the gearchange timing issue...:guilty:

Back