Pikes peak Hill Climb is "probably" returning to Gran Turismo (partnership announced)

• Thread starter nfdids
  • 223 comments
Seems silly for a video game to sponsor something and then not utilize it in the game. We've all wondered why we've got those Pikes Peak cars anyway.

Seems silly for a video game to sponsor something and then not utilize it in the game. We've all wondered why we've got those Pikes Peak cars anyway.
Yeah, I really enjoy being able to play the full D1GP season and the entire VLN series as well in Gran Turismo. That content inclusion made a huge difference.

Yeah, I really enjoy being able to play the full D1GP season and the entire VLN series as well in Gran Turismo. That content inclusion made a huge difference.
Not really the same.

There are several suitable circuits comparable to those used for VLN, and drifting is a thing in the game, if not actually implemented to D1GP "rules".

No single circuit in the game comes close to the kind of challenge presented at Pikes Peak, a challenge which "Pikes Peak cars" are engineered specifically to deal with. In addition, a hill climb or general point-to-point mode (course maker) would be great for any car.

Which is why I'm so disappointed by Sierra. There is no real challenge to each time extension point. Even in a practice.

While the sponsorship deal it's encouraging, there is absolutely no reason to believe Pikes Peak will be included in GT5 in the June 2015 timeframe. It may be planned for GT7, and the sponsorship deal just helped get the ball rolling for access to the event and licensing. I'm as excited as everybody to gave Pikes Peak return to Gran Turismo, but I'm not getting my hopes up until there is an official announcement that it is coming in the form of a free GT6 update, paid GT6 DLC, GT7 content, or a GT7 update/DLC. I also accept the possibility that it will never come.

While the sponsorship deal it's encouraging, there is absolutely no reason to believe Pikes Peak will be included in GT5 in the June 2015 timeframe. It may be planned for GT7, and the sponsorship deal just helped get the ball rolling for access to the event and licensing. I'm as excited as everybody to gave Pikes Peak return to Gran Turismo, but I'm not getting my hopes up until there is an official announcement that it is coming in the form of a free GT6 update, paid GT6 DLC, GT7 content, or a GT7 update/DLC. I also accept the possibility that it will never come.
Kaz said, "big update, coming soon". You never know:sly:

Kaz also said a lot of other things that haven't happened yet. :rolleyes: I myself tend to take anything that man says nowadays with a grain of salt.

As for Pikes Peak, I never really paid that much attention to it until it was featured on an episode of "Fast and Loud". Kinda got my curiosity up after that....looks like fun. 👍

I miss the GT2 version, but i am going to go out on a limb is say that the 2015 Pikes Peak version will be given to us at the same time as the event going live.

Kaz has probably already sent people (or is sending people right now) to scan the new all paved Pikes Peak version.

They have given us new track with much less partnership (...wink wink Bathurst ).

Maybe ...

MAYBE EVEN THAT THE Pikes Peak will be made .... using the new upcoming GPS system ?!?!

I haven't read any of the previous page of this thread, so sorry if i am repeating something that someone already said... but i think Making Pikes Peaks using the COURSE MAKER GPS systems would be the ultimate form of success...

Anyone on bord of this new CHooo Chooo ?

I am the driver.

I miss the GT2 version, but i am going to go out on a limb is say that the 2015 Pikes Peak version will be given to us at the same time as the event going live.

Kaz has probably already sent people (or is sending people right now) to scan the new all paved Pikes Peak version.

They have given us new track with much less partnership (...wink wink Bathurst ).

Maybe ...

MAYBE EVEN THAT THE Pikes Peak will be made .... using the new upcoming GPS system ?!?!

I haven't read any of the previous page of this thread, so sorry if i am repeating something that someone already said... but i think Making Pikes Peaks using the COURSE MAKER GPS systems would be the ultimate form of success...

Anyone on bord of this new CHooo Chooo ?

I am the driver.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Bathurst 12H seasonal? That didnt happen.

I dont think we will get Pikes Peak, i mean seriously did we ever got something that has to do with rally?
There are like 3 rally races in GT6, so im sure it will be zero in GT7.
Id rather have some other classic track than rally, cuz rally is dead in this game

image.jpg

Inclusion of the GT logo on the official 2015 course map is encouraging.

Last edited:
I dont think we will get Pikes Peak, i mean seriously did we ever got something that has to do with rally?
There are like 3 rally races in GT6, so im sure it will be zero in GT7.
Id rather have some other classic track than rally, cuz rally is dead in this game
Pikes Peak International Hillclimb is a Hillclimb, not a Rally. We get the Goodwood Hill Climb? And besides that, it's all Tarmac now so it's not even a dirt event.

Back