Pirelli (SCCA) World Challenge 2012 - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 37 comments
Heads up, first race of the 2013 season from St.Petersburg, Florida will be on in about an hour, broadcast live on World Challenge's website.

Edit: Anyone else not able to watch it in full screen?

Last edited:
Heads up, first race of the 2013 season from St.Petersburg, Florida will be on in about an hour, broadcast live on World Challenge's website.

Edit: Anyone else not able to watch it in full screen?

For those like me that haven't seen it yet the tape delayed broadcast is going to be transmited on NBCSports this Sunday at 12:30 EST.

They need proper HD streams now and they're set. The Touring Car race is in HD. but the GT/GTS race earlier today wasn't.. Oh well.

Pirelli World Challenge should have been a GT3 spec series to begin with.. well, once those cars were available, so it's about time they allowed the cars in.

I love World Challenge personally, the racing in every class is fantastic and the sprint race format is awesome.

I'd like to add my expectations to the news in stating my hopes of seeing World Challenge grow (to the levels of the glory days? we'll see) and hopefully break up the classes into two separate events (GT/GTS, TC/TCB) for every race, to allow 30+ car fields of GT cars with no traffic.

I also would love this series and GTD specifications encourage more American GT3 competition (The Viper is currently the only American-directed GT3 car, as the Callaway Corvette may end up being another Europe-only race car).

All in all, the relatively open-armed approach that both series have given the spec should help customer-support for cars in the states.

I'd like to add my expectations to the news in stating my hopes of seeing World Challenge grow (to the levels of the glory days? we'll see) and hopefully break up the classes into two separate events (GT/GTS, TC/TCB) for every race, to allow 30+ car fields of GT cars with no traffic.
That's exactly what I wanna see! Huge fields of low cost competitive cars, just the way it was before they went crazy with the concesssions and made it a straight factory teams series cocecuently driving every privateer off the series

Back