Pit Strategy?

I think if you set it to 10% your driver will pit, when either his physical / mental strength fall below 10%, then he would swap with another driver, in the longer races I imagine.
Otherwise Bob will be driving around for 10 laps on empty =p
 
Yep if you set it to 10% he will pit to swap drivers when his meter gets to that point which is in many case sooner than you may want him to. In races where you only have 2 drivers you may find the first one pits while still 10% left but more than 1/2 the race to go whereas the second guy will need to drive on empty for a while. I have left this off and have not had an issue.
 
Drivers don't regenerate while out of the car? (i've barely touched b spec)
 
i have only really used it for endurance races while asleep but your driver will automatically pit if he needs new rubber.. other then that its handy for presetting what your next tyres will be .... and drivers do regenerate while out of the car. they also get a quick strength boost when waiting in pitlane
 
My drivers automatically pits almost every lap after they get out if im not paying attention. Thats even with the meter to zero. They constantly want to pit
 
My drivers automatically pits almost every lap after they get out if im not paying attention. Thats even with the meter to zero. They constantly want to pit

i came across a glitch at lugana seca... if bob entered the pit lane 2 fast he hits the wall, teleports 1 foot backwards then goes to pit... the pitcrew do their job but the driver waits about 10sec before leaving his pit box... every lap after that they wanted to pit even with fresh rubber/driver/fuel ... its very frustrating having your driver pit every lap
 
I have seen them fail to put fuel in the car and the driver wanted to pit again as soon as he left the pits. The fuel was in the red but there was only one lap to go and he was ahead by about 15 seconds so I told him to cancel the pit stop and keep going hoping he could cross the line first even if he ran out of fuel but he made it to the line still under power and took 1st. He would have lost had I not been paying attention.

This is the only thing I have had happen like this and on the shorter races I set it to pit at 20% with 2 drivers. The first driver pitted at 20% and the second driver took over. When he got to 20 % he pitted got tires and fuel but no option to put the other driver back in the car so the second driver had to finish the race. His meter was at 0 with 5 laps to go on Rome.

After this I set that to off and the only wierd pit stops I have saw is in weather races.
 
Back