PITS 2-[Project International Touring Series 2]PS4 

• Thread starter Alex ONeill
  • 5,565 comments
Good Morning All,

From the feedback I received yesterday it appears that everyone would like to do the "track day" event on Project Cars 2. Thus, we will have a lobby open at our normal time slot, 12:00 pm EST, and it will run till 2:00 pm EST. Now since this is more of a track day style event when you show up and leave is a little more casual today. Regardless, either @Alex ONeill, @swjaxon, or myself will be sending out invites when it is time to get things rolling! See you this afternoon.

Best Regards,

-Haz

Good Morning All,

From the feedback I received yesterday it appears that everyone would like to do the "track day" event on Project Cars 2. Thus, we will have a lobby open at our normal time slot, 12:00 pm EST, and it will run till 2:00 pm EST. Now since this is more of a track day style event when you show up and leave is a little more casual today. Regardless, either @Alex ONeill, @swjaxon, or myself will be sending out invites when it is time to get things rolling! See you this afternoon.

Best Regards,

-Haz
Count me in today.

Good Afternoon Everyone,

To those who came out to the track day event, I want to say thank you so much! It was a great first event today, and everyone seemed to of enjoyed themselves. @Alex ONeill and I will finalize our discussion regarding the first season, and post the information very soon. Please keep an eye out for the season information, and we will see you all on track again soon!

Best Regards,

-Haz

Last edited:
Has anyone tried out the dynamic weather yet? We had a fun session yesterday where rain came in and formed puddles in only one sector of the track, and it made for an interesting end to the race. You MUST avoid the puddles that form, because they grab your car and pull you in so fast, and you'll be backwards before you know it. I didn't really notice much for a drying line though, but I'll have to try it again to see how effective it is, because we didn't have warm temperatures or sunshine afterwards.

I wanted to see a night race under lights so I did LMP2-GT3-GT4 at Long Beach, 2am with the four slots alternating Rain - Light Rain - Rain - Light Rain. When the rain let up a bit a drying line would start to appear and I would go off line to keep water in my wet tires so they don't wear too fast. It affected visibility as well in that heavier rain combined with being close behind someone would make me use slow wipers but otherwise I wouldn't really need them.

I want to test Blizzard - Thunderstorm - Blizzard - Thunderstorm just for giggles.

Online Stats. From PC2 website:

"The Project CARS 2 Competitive Racing License is, at its core, a system whereby all Project CARS 2 drivers are constantly assessed throughout their online racing career when they enter online races that track their stats. Every race counts, and how you race—and also how you choose to conduct yourself in online races—will directly impact both your skill rating as well as your online reputation when the lobby you're racing in has the competitive license enabled."

Has this been working?

It doesn't necessarily apply all the time, it can be disabled on servers. I'm not sure how you know which servers it's disabled on though, unless that directly correlates to the license requirements on the lobby screen.

I've read that it kinda works, but it doesn't seem to reward and penalize how people would expect. People have been earning a better rating on DNFs and after crashes. It'll be interesting to see if they reset it after a rebalance or not.

I hope a patch comes through soon for some things, though I don't see any major issues right now.

Good Morning Guys,

As preparation for our first official season, I would like to reach out and ask a questions. For those of you who stream their races, if you don't mind, could you send me your Youtube channel link, or twitch.tv link, and I will post it on the 1st page of this thread.

-Haz

Good Morning Guys,

As preparation for our first official season, I would like to reach out and ask a questions. For those of you who stream their races, if you don't mind, could you send me your Youtube channel link, or twitch.tv link, and I will post it on the 1st page of this thread.

-Haz
I sent you message with my YouTube link I'm so down to race this weekend

View attachment 675642
Season 1 (Starts 10/1/17)

tire wear - Aggresive
2X time progression
Track date - set to current day

10/1/17
Race 1

Circuit of the Americas
Track time 12:00 noon
Clear to medium Clouds

10/8/17
Race 2
TBA

We will be racing the Lamborghini Super Trofeo this season with the first race being this Sunday at 1pm EST. We will be running at COTA. I will announce the rest of the races this afternoon.

The complete schedule will always be located in post #3 of the thread as well as the confirimed drivers for the week.

Please confirm you will be racing this Sunday along with your livery choice.

Thank you Guys!!!

Sounds like a great first combo! I'll confirm my livery tonight.

What kind of rules are we running for pit stop realism/immersion? Manual control in pits? Speeding penalties, and pit exit line penalties? I haven't tested the pit lane exit line penalty, but I was pretty sure that was included in PCARS2. Same question goes for race start as well. Formation lap? Manual race starts?

I am confirmed for this season, and my livery choice is the Lamborghini Squadra Corse #63.

Sounds like a great first combo! I'll confirm my livery tonight.

What kind of rules are we running for pit stop realism/immersion? Manual control in pits? Speeding penalties, and pit exit line penalties? I haven't tested the pit lane exit line penalty, but I was pretty sure that was included in PCARS2. Same question goes for race start as well. Formation lap? Manual race starts?

To answer you questions @Falango, @Alex ONeill and myself have to iron those items out, I should have and answer for you and the rest of the league by tomorrow or Thursday.

Ok guys,

Here is the schedule for the season!! along with the confirmations we have so far!! we will get the game pentalies figured out in the next few days but we expect for everyone to follow the rules whether they are on or off for the races, this includes the pit lane speed, pit lane exit lines as well as track boundries. Now that we are able to review race replays we will be checking them.

For all of the new drivers to PITS2, please read and understand the rules and regulations in the first post spoiler regarding race craft.

Thank you,

Alex

View attachment 675642
Season 1 (Starts 10/1/17)

tire wear - Aggresive
2X time progression
Track date - set to current day

10/1/17
Race 1

Circuit of the Americas GP
Clear to medium Clouds

10/8/17
Race 2
Algarve
Track time 10:00am
Fog to hazy

10/15/17
Race 3
Long Beach
Overcast to clear

10/22/17
Race 4
Sugo
Track time 2:00pm
Light rain to clear

10/29/17
Race 5
Red Bull Ring GP
Track time 1:00pm
Heavy cloud to light rain

10/1/17
Driver confirmations

Alex ONeill - #27
Hazard - #63
Swjaxon - #
Falango - #
Stanc03 - #
Ph1sher - #
Tortellinyo - #64

Credit goes to @Rednose58 for finding the following information:

Ranking System: Copied and pasted from Project Cars Website:

The Safety Ranks system is as follows: Unclassified (lowest, and also the starting point), F, E, D, C, B, A, S (highest).
This Skill Rating number ranges from the lowest at 100, up to 5,000 as the highest, with the player’s starting strength set to 1,500. All players should be aiming for S5000 licenses therefore.

@Alex ONeill, I checked out the data on Page 1 and it's cutting it super close. Assuming we end right at 3:40 I'd have to literally cross the line, exit the game and head out the door. I know you can't change everything for one person but starting 10 minutes earlier at 11:50 would be a life saver. I'll try to talk to my boss and figure it out and get back to you but otherwise I'm totally in. Car #82

Also, I started a test run and after three laps on default setup the engine blew up. Typical Lamborghini :D

Back