PITS 2-[Project International Touring Series 2]PS4 

• Thread starter Alex ONeill
  • 5,565 comments
Full Damage will remain turned ON.
FANTASTIC MATE!!
Now it's time to figure out where all the wankers will be bouncing off the walls of Long Beach. I want to avoid the carnage. And, now that we will be fenced in, please try learning that racing is not the same a qualifying. Please TRY to bring the car back in one piece. Be a SNAIL, not an Alian. Just saying. Lol.

If you're bouncing off the walls, you're already OOB. I'm pretty sure the red line around the track is the boundary, and in several corners, it's a car widths away from the wall.

Just curious, for Turn 4 where the rumble strip is placed away from the wall, I assume the rumble strip is the boundary right? Might have to check some real footage to analyze what they do there.

Rumble strip is also well away from the wall going on to the back straight, and off of the back straight, but I believe there is a red line there (don't think there is one for T4).

Have a look at this if you want to race this weekend. Several things to note, and I would like clarification from the stewards/organizers on this stuff:

0:10 - Notice the racing line is NOT all the way to the right at the wall, as that is the designated pit exit. There is an existing road line that is the boundary, and crossing that (whether you are on the racing line, or exiting pits) looks to be considered illegal. Can we get clarification on this for this weekend? One more thing to note on this, if you look for video of cars exiting the pits, the turn in point from the pitlane is well after the apex from the racing line. It's a bit tough to see the end of the line in game because of the rubber texture on the track surface. Here's a quick snap someone has from Forza 5 to give you an idea.
getphoto-92.jpg

0:32 - As @DesertPenguin09 noted earlier, the curb on the apex of T5 is away from the wall, and there is no track boundary line on the curb. Will the curb itself be designated the track boundary?
0:44 - Exiting T6, and into what is noted as T7, the red line is well away from the wall, and all cars seems to comply here
0:53 - Again, apex curb of T8 is well away from the wall, cars in front seem to hop the curb quite a bit, looks to be tight for track limits there, I again assume red line is the track boundary. Would like confirmation on that.
1:07 - Same story entering T9 as well.
1:30 - Again at T1, make note that all cars are well in bounds of that pit exit boundary on the right side.
1:58 - Car 31 and the car in front seem to run wide and OOB on the exit of T6 and in T7. Would like clarification for this weekend on that boundary.
2:07 - Car 31 cuts over the red line at the apex of T8, more clear cut than the curb hop at the 0:53 second mark.

In general, good onboard to watch, even though there is no capture of the last corner, but I think that one is a bit more self explanatory than the rest of the course. Watch how there is respect given, especially T1-T5, as there is no room to go side by side through T2-3. Dive bombs here are going to end badly, so I hope everyone takes their time. Patience will go a long ways, because with full damage, and a fragile engine in this car, any incident will surely mean the end of the race for at least one car involved. It would be great to see everyone finish these races here.

@HazardLvL4 @Lessen @Alex ONeill

Last edited:
Have a look at this if you want to race this weekend. Several things to note, and I would like clarification from the stewards/organizers on this stuff:

0:10 - Notice the racing line is NOT all the way to the right at the wall, as that is the designated pit exit. There is an existing road line that is the boundary, and crossing that (whether you are on the racing line, or exiting pits) looks to be considered illegal. Can we get clarification on this for this weekend? One more thing to note on this, if you look for video of cars exiting the pits, the turn in point from the pitlane is well after the apex from the racing line. It's a bit tough to see the end of the line in game because of the rubber texture on the track surface. Here's a quick snap someone has from Forza 5 to give you an idea.
getphoto-92.jpg

0:32 - As @DesertPenguin09 noted earlier, the curb on the apex of T5 is away from the wall, and there is no track boundary line on the curb. Will the curb itself be designated the track boundary?
0:44 - Exiting T6, and into what is noted as T7, the red line is well away from the wall, and all cars seems to comply here
0:53 - Again, apex curb of T8 is well away from the wall, cars in front seem to hop the curb quite a bit, looks to be tight for track limits there, I again assume red line is the track boundary. Would like confirmation on that.
1:07 - Same story entering T9 as well.
1:30 - Again at T1, make note that all cars are well in bounds of that pit exit boundary on the right side.
1:58 - Car 31 and the car in front seem to run wide and OOB on the exit of T6 and in T7. Would like clarification for this weekend on that boundary.
2:07 - Car 31 cuts over the red line at the apex of T8, more clear cut than the curb hop at the 0:53 second mark.

In general, good onboard to watch, even though there is no capture of the last corner, but I think that one is a bit more self explanatory than the rest of the course. Watch how there is respect given, especially T1-T5, as there is no room to go side by side through T2-3. Dive bombs here are going to end badly, so I hope everyone takes their time. Patience will go a long ways, because with full damage, and a fragile engine in this car, any incident will surely mean the end of the race for at least one car involved. It would be great to see everyone finish these races here.

@HazardLvL4 @Lessen @Alex ONeill

1- (0:32 - As @DesertPenguin09 noted earlier, the curb on the apex of T5 is away from the wall, and there is no track boundary line on the curb. Will the curb itself be designated the track boundary?) (1:30 - Again at T1, make note that all cars are well in bounds of that pit exit boundary on the right side.)

The pit lane line must be observed at all times you must remain in the lane exiting the pits and maynot enter that lane while on the race track going into turn 1.

2 - (0:44 - Exiting T6, and into what is noted as T7, the red line is well away from the wall, and all cars seems to comply here)
(1:58 - Car 31 and the car in front seem to run wide and OOB on the exit of T6 and in T7. Would like clarification for this weekend on that boundary.)

If you have 2 wheels on or inside the red line you are inbounds. all 4 overe the red line technically you are out of bounds but at the same time you would be loosing time and probably be in the wall.

3 - (0:53 - Again, apex curb of T8 is well away from the wall, cars in front seem to hop the curb quite a bit, looks to be tight for track limits there, I again assume red line is the track boundary. Would like confirmation on that.)(1:07 - Same story entering T9 as well.)

All rumble strips are in bounds and part of the track, you must have at least 2 tires on the track surface at all times therefore having two tires on the rumble strip and two on the inside is legal.

4 - (2:07 - Car 31 cuts over the red line at the apex of T8, more clear cut than the curb hop at the 0:53 second mark.)

The 31 car is out of bounds, he cut the track by not keeping 2 wheels on the racing surface in this case the rumble strip.

Long Beach is gonna be tough, especially coming out of put lane,did some laps last night,took forever to get a clean one in,I managed a 1:24.719,Don't know where that's gonna stack up,it wasn't easy I know that.

I'll get the patch tonight and hopefully have some practice time tomorrow night. With a tune based on my COTA tune, but with softer suspension, I think I managed a 1:19.xxx. It took a while to get a clean lap, not a ton of grip out there, and struggling with a loose back end when trail braking. Doesn't seem to like the rougher surface in the braking zones.

I'll get the patch tonight and hopefully have some practice time tomorrow night. With a tune based on my COTA tune, but with softer suspension, I think I managed a 1:19.xxx. It took a while to get a clean lap, not a ton of grip out there, and struggling with a loose back end when trail braking. Doesn't seem to like the rougher surface in the braking zones.
Check your abs strength, braking got better when I turned it down some,I managed a 1:23.819 within a couple laps.

Check your abs strength, braking got better when I turned it down some,I managed a 1:23.819 within a couple laps.

I'm running no assists. I've actually been quite happy once adjusting to the new brakes. My T3PA pedals have the conical brake mod, and I've found most cars so far seem to be near lock up when the pedal hits the rubber bushing around 50%, but as the brakes and tires warm, and the track rubbers in, I can lean on the brakes closer to 80-100%.

I want to feel the new FFB. I still feel like it's not where I like. I like to feel stronger FFB from understeer and oversteer than I've been feeling. I think I still need to adjust it a bit.

I'm running no assists. I've actually been quite happy once adjusting to the new brakes. My T3PA pedals have the conical brake mod, and I've found most cars so far seem to be near lock up when the pedal hits the rubber bushing around 50%, but as the brakes and tires warm, and the track rubbers in, I can lean on the brakes closer to 80-100%.

I want to feel the new FFB. I still feel like it's not where I like. I like to feel stronger FFB from understeer and oversteer than I've been feeling. I think I still need to adjust it a bit.
I use the G29 wheel and the patch made a big difference in the feel,before it was very dull,now I can actually feel the curbs and bumps in the road,the feel for tire slip is a lot better too

I too notice the difference with the G29. I have it on Raw and the only thing I change is Gain to adjust for clipping. Haven't put it below 90 yet

From the PCars Website:

Project CARS 2 - PS4 Patch 2.0

• Improved driving line assist.
• Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
• Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
• Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
• Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
• USB keyboard support improved.
• Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
• Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
• Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
• Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
• Improved default assists for gamepad users.
• Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
• Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
• Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
• Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
• Optimisations to tracks across the game.
• Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.

Back