PITS 2-[Project International Touring Series 2]PS4 

• Thread starter Alex ONeill
  • 5,565 comments
I more than likely won't make it Thursday. I'm waiting on wheels and other stuff to get delivered. Should be up and running by next week, hopefully this weekend. But I'm not betting on it, according to tracking info.

If it too late to swap mclaren gt3 number 60 for the Acura gt3 number 69 lol,

I am consistent at being inconsistent .

Not sure for tonight's race Alex as it's very high winds in the uk at moment and I tend to get a lot of insurance Emergency roof repairs jobs coming in ,

only problem is if wind is to strong I can't do the emergency repairs

I did do some fun practice last night with an old friend and dailed the mclaren in beautifully , And soft tyres worked great and long lasting,

If I don't see you guys tonight have a great fun race, it's 50/50 lol

Last edited:
I just might make it tonight. The drive hub showed up yesterday and I used it with an Xbox Fanatec wheel in Camels league race. It worked pretty good.
The Mic doesn't work with the drive hub, need a good usb Mic, which I don't have. But I'll be trying to make it.

Last edited:
I have sony wireless headphones, but I have in the past used my Samsung headphones ,

but all you have to do onespace is plug any decent mobile phone headphones into your ps4 controller and your good to go , just make sure your ps4 controller is plugged into your ps4 to keep it fully charged up ,

I have sony wireless headphones, but I have in the past used my Samsung headphones ,

but all you have to do onespace is plug any decent mobile phone headphones into your ps4 controller and your good to go , just make sure your ps4 controller is plugged into your ps4 to keep it fully charged up ,
Is that all? lol. I have to use the controller with the drive hub, but the controller has to be turned off. So plugging a mic into the controller doesn't work when using an Xbox wheel.
I like to hear the sound coming out of the TV, I'm not a fan of the earmuff type headsets. Need just a regular ole USB chat mic. I have a PS3 one, but it's scratchy as heck. My mic will be off

I just might make it tonight. The drive hub showed up yesterday and I used it with an Xbox Fanatec wheel in Camels league race. It worked pretty good.
The Mic doesn't work with the drive hub, need a good usb Mic, which I don't have. But I'll be trying to make it.

Check out what I use for a mic and headset combo. The Hyper X Cloud II.

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-gaming-headset

Is that all? lol. I have to use the controller with the drive hub, but the controller has to be turned off. So plugging a mic into the controller doesn't work when using an Xbox wheel.
I like to hear the sound coming out of the TV, I'm not a fan of the earmuff type headsets. Need just a regular ole USB chat mic. I have a PS3 one, but it's scratchy as heck. My mic will be off

Haha, to me it's kind of cool to FINALLY get to talk to someone who is in the same league and same circumstances as me driving with the Drive Hub
:D.

Your Mic is not working when plugged into your DS4, not because it's a Microsoft product but that you CAN'T, as it's off and should ALWAYS be off.

Yes, you always need to have a DS4 connected to the System with a high quality Micro USB wire.

You must manually shut off that DS4 by way of the PS4 UI. DO NOT just run it because it will work and you will think it's fine and continue to drive but it's definitely not 100% like that and you will find out at the worst possible time :lol:. So don't and, make sure to go into the settings and disable that Controller.

I drove like this for a few months as I only had 1 controller but with the headset that I have, having only 1 controller didn't effect me because, the headset that I have connects to the system in various ways. Through the DS4 with the regular headphone cable and a Micro USB cable from the headset to the system. I used the USB connection so I never had an issue with that. I use the Logitech G-633 www.google.com/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2015/11/16/logitechs-artemis-spectrum-g633-and-g933-outclass-every-other-headset-ive-ever-tried/amp/

Aside from getting a good Headset like Hazard recommended, what I recommend is to get another DS4.. Yes, of course getting a new headset would solve your problems (or, in your case, just a mic as you prefer Monitor-TV audio) but, having that extra controller does wonders for people who use a Drive Hub as you don't need to use your wheel buttons to navigate any longer :).

Or, it can save your behind when the Mic all of a sudden decides to stop working through it's USB connection one day :( :lol:. Then, you can always plug the cable into your extra DS4 to communicate :).

Last edited:
I'm not going to make it tonight, I wretched my back last week and it was getting better until I shoveled the driveway and now it's flared up again.
See you guys next week.

Okay I will be there tonight in this baby.

Renault R.S. 01 GT3 - Team Nvidia #15
CWL64gDWoAA2ICh.jpg

Last edited:
@Stanc03, thought you might enjoy this. Plus I have a soft spot for the sound of a V10 ran in anger.

A couple things I noticed about Monza in this video. One, there is no bridge crossing the track just before the second chicane, and two, there are 3 walk over bridges down the back straight in Parabolica. I guess either they changed the track design or PCars used an old layout for the game.

@Stanc03, thought you might enjoy this. Plus I have a soft spot for the sound of a V10 ran in anger.

A couple things I noticed about Monza in this video. One, there is no bridge crossing the track just before the second chicane, and two, there are 3 walk over bridges down the back straight in Parabolica. I guess either they changed the track design or PCars used an old layout for the game.
oh hell yea bro. The raging bull sounds amazing
F1 2018 is like this video I'm pretty sure we have like the 2014 layout in pcars 2. BTW here's last night stream for some reason it didn't post

@ONESPACE what wheel are you using with Drive hub? Do you ever get any sense of lag in the FFB?
Haha, to me it's kind of cool to FINALLY get to talk to someone who is in the same league and same circumstances as me driving with the Drive Hub
:D.

Your Mic is not working when plugged into your DS4, not because it's a Microsoft product but that you CAN'T, as it's off and should ALWAYS be off.

Yes, you always need to have a DS4 connected to the System with a high quality Micro USB wire.

You must manually shut off that DS4 by way of the PS4 UI. DO NOT just run it because it will work and you will think it's fine and continue to drive but it's definitely not 100% like that and you will find out at the worst possible time :lol:. So don't and, make sure to go into the settings and disable that Controller.

I drove like this for a few months as I only had 1 controller but with the headset that I have, having only 1 controller didn't effect me because, the headset that I have connects to the system in various ways. Through the DS4 with the regular headphone cable and a Micro USB cable from the headset to the system. I used the USB connection so I never had an issue with that. I use the Logitech G-633 www.google.com/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2015/11/16/logitechs-artemis-spectrum-g633-and-g933-outclass-every-other-headset-ive-ever-tried/amp/

Aside from getting a good Headset like Hazard recommended, what I recommend is to get another DS4.. Yes, of course getting a new headset would solve your problems (or, in your case, just a mic as you prefer Monitor-TV audio) but, having that extra controller does wonders for people who use a Drive Hub as you don't need to use your wheel buttons to navigate any longer :).

Or, it can save your behind when the Mic all of a sudden decides to stop working through it's USB connection one day :( :lol:. Then, you can always plug the cable into your extra DS4 to communicate :).
There is ZERO lag when using the Drive Hub IF set up and used properly.

I think people didn't see my post from yesterday in response to Onespaces issues with using a Mic with Drive Hub.. If you look above you will see what I wrote.

One other thing that I had forgotten to mention is that you must first connect the Drive Hub to a computer and flash it to install the latest drivers.

You will not get lag on Drive Hub if:

If you use a high quality micro usb wire attatched to the DS4 to the system.

Make sure to shut off the DS4 through the PS4 UI.

Make sure to flash the Drive Hub to install the latest drivers.

If these things are not done, then yes you will get lag and other issues.

If these things are done properly then there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO lag with the Drive Hub.

In fact, it has completely rejuvenated my G-27 to the point that the strength and detail of the wheel is as strong as plugging it into my PC.

Here are the points after round 2 of the GT3 series;

S1R2.jpg

We had some great racing last night guys, thank you all for being the best part of PITs!! @HazardLvL4 is now 2 for 2 on wins and poles this season with @Stanc03 finishing second and 4 points behind in the series. @Zii1993 brought his GTR to a 3rd place finish. @yogi bear is holding on to 3rd in the championship 2 points ahead of @bigtimedave.

Next Thursday we start our new weekly series in the X Bow GT4!

Last edited:

View attachment 783456

We had some great racing last night guy, thank you all for being the best part of PITs!! @HazardLvL4 is now 2 for 2 on wins and poles this season with @Stanc03 finishing second and 4 points behind in the series. @Zii1993 brought his GTR to a 3rd place finish. @yogi bear is holding on to 3rd in the championship 2 points ahead of @bigtimedave.

Loving it!

View attachment 783456

We had some great racing last night guy, thank you all for being the best part of PITs!! @HazardLvL4 is now 2 for 2 on wins and poles this season with @Stanc03 finishing second and 4 points behind in the series. @Zii1993 brought his GTR to a 3rd place finish. @yogi bear is holding on to 3rd in the championship 2 points ahead of @bigtimedave.

@yogi bear was on me like i stole his pic a nic basket on that last lap,HEEEEEEYYYYYY BOOOOOO BOOOOOO!!

Last edited:
I knew about the permission option, but I thought that was only for when you were in a PS4 Party chat. I thought in game chat that the permission feature didn't have an effect on that?

Hmmm... valid question. I’m not sure, but I only heard you yammering about to ehatbseemed like nobody as you walked away with the lead. ‍♂️

Back